Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hitting tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 03:18 PM
Blankstare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitting tires

I alwayz see forums about bad wrecks and how ppl alwayz hit tires of cars in a parking lot or something, and yesterday i found out how they hit them, i was running my rustler and the throttle on my transmitter made a CLICK sound and i couldnt stop, it just went full throttle into a tire accross the street from me, it broke most of the stuff at the front left tire, i cant fix it soon cuz i dont have anymore money!
Old 08-31-2003, 04:32 PM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

Default Hitting tires

yup just clipped some cement with my right tire this week end and did about 40.00 bucks worth of damage.
Old 08-31-2003, 04:48 PM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

Default Hitting tires

yeah you think we woul learn to stay away from parked cars....i hit the tire of my g/f with my rc10gt two washers went flying the truck kept going and it left the tire,wheel, axel, bearing and nut assembly wedged under the tire of the car it was pretty funny
Old 08-31-2003, 05:25 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hitting tires

Wow,that is pretty funny but sucks at the same time...i'm still laughin
Old 08-31-2003, 05:50 PM
Rex2342

Default Hitting tires

Those car tires can be dangerous.When my freind got his buggy he was driving on his front street and hit a car tire going full speed.Bent the chassis broke the A-arms bent the hubs and radio tray.He only had the car for 2 days and had just finished breaking it in 2 hours before the wreck..He fixed it then he did again with the same tire lol.He wasn't going full speed this time though and somehow he just bent the shock tower.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:26 PM
Blankstare

Default Hitting tires

Yea, now my front tire just swings in the air when i pick it up
Old 09-01-2003, 01:07 AM
Aterlatus

Default Hitting tires

Is it just me that's coming off extremely stuffy with crashes then?

You name it, my car seems to be drawn to it, but I've yet to cause any damage that a bit of superglue wouldn't cure...
Old 09-01-2003, 05:54 AM
the-one1

Default Hitting tires

just had a crash with my 1:1 car's rear wheel. broke the 1/10 car's front hub. dang.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Aterlatus

Default Hitting tires

OK, I admit defeat.

Damn that knock on wood stuff doesn't work

I shelled out almost £25 this morning on odering a few replacement parts - some of my superglued bits have had one too many accidents...

I really should move to a street with no kerbs...
Old 09-01-2003, 11:04 PM
JAEL BUSTOS

Default Hitting tires

two weaks ago just 2 hours from a race i was practicing and i jumped and landed unpside down and the throttle rod inn got off its place and the car went full throttle and the turnmarshall instead of turning it off he just flipped it back again and it crashed again at the curve and no one knew how to turn it off until finally some one shouted to step on the flywheel.

i thought that the engine was going to be unuseful but all that happened was that the clutch shoes came off and the differential broke, I fixed all that and just 5 minutes before the A main I ran a lap to see how it worked and the plastic thing that screws to throttel servo borke and it went full throttle again and it took the turnmarshalls like 20 sec.s to turn it off, i hurry to replace it and the car just kept on turning off when i braked, but i had to run like that and the car died at the middle of the race.

when i got home i realized that the car kept on dying because the clucht shoes came off on the second full throttle incident

i think i have the baddest luck of the world, also i had the best equipment of all, almost all people had rtr's and i had a factory team gt, hardcore titanium chassis, mt12 engine, m8 radio, etc

this just sucks, im reteiring for a while to see if bad luck goes away
Old 09-02-2003, 01:24 AM
MrSavage

Default Hitting tires

hey jael, i like your GT! i just got mine a lil while ago and its basically stock cept 4 failsafe and dithawgs tires, i'm bout to get some oney thought and 300 or so is going to go into my gt!