Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

anything coming out soon better than the HPI savage FLux

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

anything coming out soon better than the HPI savage FLux

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: anything coming out soon better than the HPI savage FLux

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

(and yes they are taken slow seeing if you hit a curb with any speed with any RC it will trash it)
Thats my point exactly. I enjoy wathing my r/c's claw their way up hills at a slow speed. Not exactly crawling, because wheel speed is needed, but its quite different from hitting it wide open and jumping over the other side. Some places you cant go fast either, my truggy and my savage neither one take kindly to hitting a 5'' deep, 4'' wide washout at the rock quarry with any speed. Those are the times I go slow.

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

If MT's were as bad at evertthing as some people like to let on lets face it HPI wouldn't make savages anymore, and would only sell the trophy truggy.
So true. There are too many people happy with their savages and other MT's.

Regardless, I wasnt trying to argue earlier, just pointed out the differences that I personally see. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and basically if you are having fun, then you are doing it right...

what I said aout the repeating argument wasn't directed at you it was in general
Old 04-26-2012, 03:39 PM
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

Yes. Toyota is having their Really Big Sales Event. You should be able to get a new Corolla that is better than ever!
I'd rather have the Savage Flux than a dull ol' Corolla.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:27 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Losi 5ive..... it could drive over savage lol
Old 04-26-2012, 05:38 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do we keep on getting into these MT vs. truggy debates? Truggies rule and those who say MT's are better are either ignorant and don't know any better or are too stubborn to admit they are wrong. The ONLY thing MT's have going for them is they have a better selection of good looking bodies.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:06 PM
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: yakfish

How do we keep on getting into these MT vs. truggy debates? Truggies rule and those who say MT's are better are either ignorant and don't know any better or are too stubborn to admit they are wrong. The ONLY thing MT's have going for them is they have a better selection of good looking bodies.

LOLWUT!? You say we're too stubborn to admit we're wrong, yet you flat insist there's no possible way an MT can be better than a truggy.

I'm not even going to try. You're too stubborn to listen to reason. I'm just going to say you're stone dead wrong and leave it at that.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a different vehicle for a different purpose.

Walk over to your tool chest and you can probably pick out your favorite tool; or even your most versatile tool. You can even call it the best tool, but it's really only "best" at what it was designed for while another tool is really the best choice.

Not only is the truggy / monster debate ridiculous but it's impractical because they were designed for different types of driving. I own 4 different kinds of off-road vehicles because some are meant for racing, some crawling, some bashing and some for speed. There are plenty of "Jack of all trades-master of none" RC vehicles and purpose built race/performance vehicles. I believe there are a lot of people who don't have the luxury of owning more than one RC so they tend to choose the most universal / do everything type of vechicle they can get and a monster is a good choice for them.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 PM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: 378

LOLWUT!? You say we're too stubborn to admit we're wrong, yet you flat insist there's no possible way an MT can be better than a truggy.

I'm not even going to try. You're too stubborn to listen to reason. I'm just going to say you're stone dead wrong and leave it at that.
LOL!! I was waiting for that!! I am happy to listen to reason. Now give me some reason to believe that an MT is in anyway superior to a truggy. I'm not some inexperienced noob who has no experience with what I'm talking about. I have owned at least one of almost every major MT. They handle like wheel barrows. A truggy will handle any terrian an MT can with ease and can do it fast OR slow. They are a much simpler design which makes then more reliable and easier to work on and tune. Don't talk to me about tools for different jobs. The analogy doesn't fit. A truggy will do any job an MT was designed to do and do it better. Now go ahead and proove me wrong and I will be happy to take it all back!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Real 1:1 MT's handle like wheelbarrows too. Would still be a ton of fun to drive one.. It IS a thoroughly ridiculous discussion.... It's toy cars, and whatever floats your boat...

But.. MT's flip better off ramps etc.. with the bigger tires. At least with nitro, truggy clutches will not like running huge tires.. MT's wheelie better, no question. The 2-speed shift has a cool and fun factor lacking with truggies. Precisely that MT's don't handle as well is part of the fun. I responded earlier to someone saying a Savage would handle as well as the MT4, which I don't think is true. That doesn't mean though it's not fun trying to keep a Savage upright. I've had truggies too, and for me they are a waste for driving around on the flat - parking lots, yards, park, etc..(for some of us, there's sometimes just not other options for a quick outing..) For just goofing around in places like that an MT is a lot more fun.. And furthermore, I anyway am not really going to be keen to launch some race truggy for which shocks cost 100 bucks a set with abandon off some ramp or whatever either.. It's also thoroughly ridiculous to compare a $1200 race truggy with starterbox and all the goodies to a $500 nitro RTR Savage.. Or maybe it isn't.. I mean, cost is a factor too - and there aren't that many RTR truggies out there for $500 that will hang with a Savage in terms of durability.

In any case, we are talking toy cars here. So the certain people who turn this into some kind of trash-talking fest saying "MY way is the only way" are really just being ridiculous.. Run what you want. Just stop yelling that your way is the "right" way.......

Part of the problem IMO is that RC is dominanted currently by racing, which is completely uptight and humorless.. I mean, I can't stand it that people talk more nowadays in RC forums about drilling their buggy shock pistons than about launching their MT off a ramp.. But that's how it is. This frankly dorky(as in taped glasses and pen protector) serious element of RC is in the driver's seat now - at least as far as forums, which we can assume reflect the main activity in RC at the moment.. So yeah, it's a bit oddball to go against the flow and still run MT's, but hey, if I cared that much what other people think I wouldn't be playing with toy cars in the first place...
Old 04-26-2012, 10:36 PM
echthelion

i love finding these pissing wars tho its very childish i think it gives somthing fun to read. but ill toss in my 2cent when i was ready to move on from my nitro firestorm to a 1/8th i gotta say i very much love the look of truggys over MTs. part of why that my first rc was a firestorm (truggy look)but after months of fun on gravel, dirt roads and jumps and so on my chassis was about dead from rocks eating it up. so that in itself made me stay away from a truggy and went with a savage where i can spend 8 bucks and only have to replace a plastic skid plate.and ofcourse 2speed tranny and reverse optionim sure a truggy would be fun to bash i just dont see it worth the money

Old 04-27-2012, 12:29 AM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Real 1:1 MT's handle like wheelbarrows too. Would still be a ton of fun to drive one.. It IS a thoroughly ridiculous discussion.... It's toy cars, and whatever floats your boat...

But.. MT's flip better off ramps etc.. with the bigger tires. At least with nitro, truggy clutches will not like running huge tires.. MT's wheelie better, no question. The 2-speed shift has a cool and fun factor lacking with truggies. Precisely that MT's don't handle as well is part of the fun. I responded earlier to someone saying a Savage would handle as well as the MT4, which I don't think is true. That doesn't mean though it's not fun trying to keep a Savage upright. I've had truggies too, and for me they are a waste for driving around on the flat - parking lots, yards, park, etc..(for some of us, there's sometimes just not other options for a quick outing..) For just goofing around in places like that an MT is a lot more fun.. And furthermore, I anyway am not really going to be keen to launch some race truggy for which shocks cost 100 bucks a set with abandon off some ramp or whatever either.. It's also thoroughly ridiculous to compare a $1200 race truggy with starterbox and all the goodies to a $500 nitro RTR Savage.. Or maybe it isn't.. I mean, cost is a factor too - and there aren't that many RTR truggies out there for $500 that will hang with a Savage in terms of durability.

In any case, we are talking toy cars here. So the certain people who turn this into some kind of trash-talking fest saying ''MY way is the only way'' are really just being ridiculous.. Run what you want. Just stop yelling that your way is the ''right'' way.......

Part of the problem IMO is that RC is dominanted currently by racing, which is completely uptight and humorless.. I mean, I can't stand it that people talk more nowadays in RC forums about drilling their buggy shock pistons than about launching their MT off a ramp.. But that's how it is. This frankly dorky(as in taped glasses and pen protector) serious element of RC is in the driver's seat now - at least as far as forums, which we can assume reflect the main activity in RC at the moment.. So yeah, it's a bit oddball to go against the flow and still run MT's, but hey, if I cared that much what other people think I wouldn't be playing with toy cars in the first place...

You are right... It is sort of rediculous to argue about toy cars!LOL!! But we were asked for our opinions, and I like to give my 2 cents!

There is a significant cost difference between MT's and truggies. But there is a reason for that. I buy almost all of my stuff used so i keep costs down and have never spent $1200 on a race truggy that I am just going to bash with anyway. But I would take my used Losi 8ight-te 2.0 over a brand new Savage flux anyday of the week. I don't baby it either. I have no problem launching it off jumps with confidence since I know the $100 shocks can handle the abuse. I also like a vehicle that cam stay on it wheels. I don't like having to run after a truck and flip it over to keep running. But then again...I do need the exercise. Maybe I should get a Savage again and maybe I could loose a few pounds! LOL!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:35 AM
Foxy

Well, this is the great thing about the thunder Tiger. It beats me why nobody did this before, the melding of truggy and MT (the closest before the TTR was the Revo of course), it's the best of both worlds.

Nothing does huge air and stunts like a Savage, but then it rolls when you turn it (unless you lower it to truggy-like settings, negating it's wonderful air control). Yakfish, the Savage rotates in the air much better because of the heavy wheels and the very central weight distribution (central not just horizontally, but also vertically), it does have a purpose to exist, it's not like someone is stupid for buying one. I had the mad brushless mugen already and I still bought the Flux. A truggy would not be a good truggy if it had the same characteristics as a Savage and vice versa.

Horses for courses.

Tell you what though. No RC I ever ran made the hair on the back of my neck stand up like my Brushless Mugen MBX5T. People gathered, staring open mouthed. True story.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:01 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Foxy

(the closest before the TTR was the Revo of course)
I have to disagree. The Ofna Monster Pirate and Sportwerks Mayhem ST were the first of the MT/Truggy hybrids

Just busting your chops of course
Old 04-27-2012, 06:07 AM
cummins driver

A truggy will do any job an MT was designed to do and do it better. Now go ahead and proove me wrong and I will be happy to take it all back!
Wrong... Bring any true truggy you like to my house. Ill provide the chain and the Monster Truck. I will then proceed to drag your truggy around backwards like a ragdoll with said MT.

Then we can go play in the mud. Ill use the chain to pull the truggy out of the hole.

We could continue, but whats the point? I will gladly admit they both have their benefits, but some people refuse to do that.

I guess im going to have to make a video to make the point. I have had a truggy for a little bit now, so i just need to buy an extra BL motor so i can run my brushless MT and truggy at the same time and show everyone that there are things an MT does better.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:53 AM
yakfish

A truggy will do any job an MT was designed to do and do it better. Now go ahead and proove me wrong and I will be happy to take it all back!
Wrong... Bring any true truggy you like to my house. Ill provide the chain and the Monster Truck. I will then proceed to drag your truggy around backwards like a ragdoll with said MT.

Then we can go play in the mud. Ill use the chain to pull the truggy out of the hole.
That could be fun. It would be interesting to see how they did pulling each other. A MT would probably have the edge since it would be quite a bit heavier but they truggy would have a longer wheel base so it would be interesting to see how that would turn out. With the right diff setup a truggy might suprise you. I also have a set of 40 series moabs that I run on my truggy every now and then gives it a higher center of grafity and more ground clearance which makes it unstopable through the thick stuff. They kill the handling though (makes it handle like an MT).

BTW: Your only 3 1/2 hours away from me. If you ever find yourself around Dayton, Ohio let me know!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:46 AM
cummins driver

That could be fun. It would be interesting to see how they did pulling each other. A MT would probably have the edge since it would be quite a bit heavier but they truggy would have a longer wheel base so it would be interesting to see how that would turn out. With the right diff setup a truggy might suprise you. I also have a set of 40 series moabs that I run on my truggy every now and then gives it a higher center of grafity and more ground clearance which makes it unstopable through the thick stuff. They kill the handling though (makes it handle like an MT).

BTW: Your only 3 1/2 hours away from me. If you ever find yourself around Dayton, Ohio let me know!
I try to stay out of ohio

The center diff would really hurt a truggy pulling. With comparable tires and weight added with a locked center diff, a truggy would pull good. But the center diff would be robbing power from the front on a stock setup. I could see a truggy doing good in mud with those tall tires. The MT4 G3 would do pretty good in stock form as well.

Like I said, im not at all against truggies, and I have much enjoyed mine. I havent tried climbing big hills with my brushless MGT with truggy wheels on it yet, but my truggy with the revolvers on it will fly up any hill that doesent have clods or washouts. I have a video ill try and upload of it climbing a steep, long hill at the rock quarry. Its low COG and center diff make it climb really well. I think i may buy some badlands for it once i sell a couple things, and may also thicken up the center diff fluid some.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:42 PM
steed2-inactive

you guys need to @##%ing grow up. DID ANYBODY STOP, LOOK AROUND AND REALIZE THAT ONE IS NOT BETTER THAN THE OTHER.....HMMM THERE'S AN IDEA????? MAYBE JUST MAYBE ITS A PERSONNAL OPINION.

NOPE, INSTEAD...(LIKE ALWAYS) WE END UP LOOKING LIKE A MONKEY @#$%ING A FOOTBALL ON THIS SITE.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: steed2

you guys need to @##%ing grow up. DID ANYBODY STOP, LOOK AROUND AND REALIZE THAT ONE IS NOT BETTER THAN THE OTHER.....HMMM THERE'S AN IDEA????? MAYBE JUST MAYBE ITS A PERSONNAL OPINION.

NOPE, INSTEAD...(LIKE ALWAYS) WE END UP LOOKING LIKE A MONKEY @#$%ING A FOOTBALL ON THIS SITE.

So yeah. Like my 3906 stocke maxx is the best MTever and beats any truggy any day all day.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:32 AM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: steed2

Oops...someone forgot to take their happy pills. We need to just relax and chill out a bit here. Wait... the monkey did what??
Old 04-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Foxy

OK I did a little clean up here, there's no need for foul language out of nowhere. People are allowed to debate and disagree with each other, it's a forum, that's what it's for. Keep it nice folks.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:28 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm telling u guys the losi 5ive is the best Rc car out there...

Heaps better than a truggy or monster truck and looks way cooler. I think it's heaps better than a hpi gasser... I haven't meet one owner that was disappointed, rave reviews everywhere...

Look even my son loves it

Old 04-28-2012, 03:42 AM
djyjrlz

but they do cost a vast amount and on thw hole truggy vs mt thing.... i have a brushelss x2crt. which i cannot break, its absolutuley mental even on 4s, and has never missed a beat. but honestly. i miss my savage that i swapped for the brushless system :/ it was more fun when it was going, it was cooler to watch, it was more challengng to drive, and i loved upgrading it to race with mainly because it was so awful.

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

I'm telling u guys the losi 5ive is the best Rc car out there...

Heaps better than a truggy or monster truck and looks way cooler. I think it's heaps better than a hpi gasser... I haven't meet one owner that was disappointed, rave reviews everywhere...

Look even my son loves it

Old 04-28-2012, 05:58 AM
cummins driver

You know, I think the lose five is cool looking. But I have watched some video's of that thing driving around and I think I can almost smell clutch burning through my computer screen everytime I watch one on a track or in offroad conditions. They seem sooo underpowered to me. Either that or overgeared, because it seems like the clutch never hooks up until 20mph. I think the HPI Baja's being 2wd start spinning the tires out of the hole and the clutch hooks up at the same time. The five-t cant do that being 4wd.

Skip to 2:10 for the clutch burning action

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVDb0bI86nA&feature=relmfu[/youtube]
Old 04-28-2012, 06:04 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GS used to have a car called a XUT....OFNA had the Pirate .........

what you diehard MT guys need to realize is a truggy is a unlimited Monster Truck.......... Truggies are the evolution of the MT..... Take the best aspects of a MT and combine them with the best aspects of a Buggy.....Making it the most versatile reliable general purpose platform there is....... You can go outbash a MT, then the next day go head to head against a 1/8 buggy around the track and usually win..........Yes they are easy to drive, and usually make what a MT would consider obstacles seem easy ( driving on flat land taxxes a MT's handling LOL ) ........But if your creative an can think outside the parking lot a truggy can deliver actual high performance offroad running, capable of doing things that would be impossible to do with any MT............... IN all around versatility, durability, performance, reliability and ease of maintenance a truggy is a much better platform....... A MT is designed to look cool on the shelf, a Truggy is designed to actually perform ....One is built with aesthetics being primary concern, the other built with performance being the main concern
Old 04-28-2012, 07:54 AM
steed2-inactive

ORIGINAL: supertib

GS used to have a car called a XUT....OFNA had the Pirate .........

what you diehard MT guys need to realize is a truggy is a unlimited Monster Truck.......... Truggies are the evolution of the MT..... Take the best aspects of a MT and combine them with the best aspects of a Buggy.....Making it the most versatile reliable general purpose platform there is....... You can go outbash a MT, then the next day go head to head against a 1/8 buggy around the track and usually win..........Yes they are easy to drive, and usually make what a MT would consider obstacles seem easy ( driving on flat land taxxes a MT's handling LOL ) ........But if your creative an can think outside the parking lot a truggy can deliver actual high performance offroad running, capable of doing things that would be impossible to do with any MT............... IN all around versatility, durability, performance, reliability and ease of maintenance a truggy is a much better platform....... A MT is designed to look cool on the shelf, a Truggy is designed to actually perform ....One is built with aesthetics being primary concern, the other built with performance being the main concern
There is so much wrong in this post, who knows where to start, you start by saying truggies are monster trucks...??? take the best aspects of a monster truck...hmmm big tires, 2 speed, high ground clearance, huge suspention travel,crappy handling.....ummm. none of them are on a truggy last time i checked...maybe i am missing something.

Diehard mt truck guys??? whats that supposed to mean, i guess u and yakfish are the kings of the rc world and if you dont "like" it, then it must be.....what was it....oh ya..."designed to look cool on a shelf". that makes absolutely no sense???

truggys are so awesome, and so are monster trucks, they both bring different pros/cons to the rc world.
You should go down to the local hobby shop, and argue with everone that buys a monster truck because you dont like it.
that would be as productive as your posts on here.
i understand everyone has a favourite, but to say that the other side of the fence is horrible in everyway because you dont own it....well thats just silly.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:10 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

You know, I think the lose five is cool looking. But I have watched some video's of that thing driving around and I think I can almost smell clutch burning through my computer screen everytime I watch one on a track or in offroad conditions. They seem sooo underpowered to me. Either that or overgeared, because it seems like the clutch never hooks up until 20mph. I think the HPI Baja's being 2wd start spinning the tires out of the hole and the clutch hooks up at the same time. The five-t cant do that being 4wd.

Skip to 2:10 for the clutch burning action

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVDb0bI86nA&feature=relmfu[/youtube]
I feel sorry for the clutch in that video [:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.