Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

My top 22 rules of RC

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My top 22 rules of RC

My "rules"

1. If your just bashing then you don't need rules, just some common sense ( racers obviously need rules to level the playing field)
2. It's a hobby no need to take it so seriously. Just have fun with it. Isn't this the point of having a hobby?
3. Don't let anyone on an online forum tell you how you should enjoy your hobby. (i.e. I think zip ties are great!)
4. You are allowed to buy kits/parts from whomever you wish. If it is cheaper to buy them online then by all means do it. If it is faster to get them from your LSH, then buy from them. It isn't my responsibility to give the LHS my business, they have to earn it. Its not my fault if a LHS goes out of business.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:25 AM
9five9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yak, if you haven't figured it out yet, the whole thing is a big sarcastic joke.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:03 PM
jayjay283

there should be some rules regarding women and RC usage, like rule #1 DONT TOUCH IT
Old 05-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Phoenix XB Racer

ORIGINAL: yakfish

I think zip ties are great!
I should start using some zip ties. I lose body clips too easily.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:16 PM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

The scary thing is, you meant for it to be sarcastic, but I know some people who take it that seriously.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:37 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

im currently in violation of rules. 1, 2, 10, 11, 15, and 18, 

14 i just disagree with.  building taking apart and rebuilding is where the fun is

rule 20.  sorry there is no negotiating with these people.  cops will get called.  tickets and possibly arrests will get made and video of the ordeal will wind up on youtube.  it will continue to escalate until somebody gets hurt.  

rule 21 goes the window if some noob asks what he should buy.

rule 22.  im trying but the manufactures and other hobbyists aren't making it easy.  all i want is a damn team kit and not to have to argue with some teenage idiot who thinks his truck is better than mine cause it's faster in a straight line.

i only have 2 rules.
1.  be responsible with your rig.  in spite of what you may think $300 is a lot of money.  take care of your investment.  acting like a spoiled irresponsible idiot makes us all look bad.
2.  be a pirate.  keep it anarchy.  if we have to many rules and obey them we are going to end up boring and stale and stuffy like those aviation guys.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:54 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: suburban_hooligan

im currently in violation of rules. 1, 2, 10, 11, 15, and 18,

14 i just disagree with. building taking apart and rebuilding is where the fun is

rule 20. sorry there is no negotiating with these people. cops will get called. tickets and possibly arrests will get made and video of the ordeal will wind up on youtube. it will continue to escalate until somebody gets hurt.

rule 21 goes the window if some noob asks what he should buy.

rule 22. im trying but the manufactures and other hobbyists aren't making it easy. all i want is a damn team kit and not to have to argue with some teenage idiot who thinks his truck is better than mine cause it's faster in a straight line.

i only have 2 rules.
1. be responsible with your rig. in spite of what you may think $300 is a lot of money. take care of your investment. acting like a spoiled irresponsible idiot makes us all look bad.
2. be a pirate. keep it anarchy. if we have to many rules and obey them we are going to end up boring and stale and stuffy like those aviation guys.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MODEL AVIATION!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:08 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MODEL AVIATION!!!
hey that's just you, and your onroad speed demons
My Savage I think has spent more time in the air, and flown higher then the helicopter I bought last year
Old 05-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Eman77

First Rule of RC is: you do not talk about RC.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 PM
jayjay283

2nd rule of RC is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT RC
Old 05-14-2012, 02:47 PM
JohnP2

This is good stuff. Thanks for taking the time to jot them down, I every much enjoyed your list.

I especially enjoyed:
#5 - Even my 11-year old thinks people try to be 'cool' running with their body off),
#7 - Ihave no respect for dirty rides
#13 - Now that was funny - admittingly I thought about getting some once, but then thought....why?)
#18 - Your best rule, IMO. Often when I see parents in our neighborhood walking with their small kids, I always let the kid run for a little bit. The other day, a mother said about her 7-year old "Now I know what his new hobby is"....it's ALL about how you treat folks, and we can either look like a bunch of elite "you'll never get it" snobs, or worse - a bunch of douche bags, or we can represent this for what it is. The best hobby in the world. ;-)

Once again, thanks for posting this!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: jayjay283

2nd rule of RC is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT RC
Well said sir.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:23 AM
GerKonig

Rule 1 have fun
Rule 2 see rule 1
Rule 3 use common sense
Rule 4 remember, the trees can move
Rule 5 trust no battery....

Gerry
Old 05-15-2012, 08:47 AM
The_Shark

if you happen to have a run-away, i don't care if you look like a flippin moron, try your best to stop it!

funny thing, a week after my neighbors moved, i had a run-away and it hit the garage door denting it...oops