Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Lets See your workshop

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM
brenthampton79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets See your workshop

thanks guys, I wish i had more pics of it showing the rc car storage area and the rest. Im not single but have an easy going wife and my wifes camaro and my trans am still sleep comfortably in the garage however my truck sits outside, not enough room for all three and the truck will barely fit in the garage anyway(to long, people that built the house shoulda thought it through a little more [:@], plus i usually keep the truck traded off anyway. My shop is 32x22 I think and the garage door on its only like 8ft.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:33 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the compliments guys !

I also have an upstairs built onto the shop...I have not developed it yet tho.... I used spray foam insulation for the entire shop, so I can walk between the rafters where there is no decking, the foam allows it support a good amount of weight, so it gives me excellent storage options in the future.....I was thinking I can make some compartments between the rafters.....,

and here is who guards it..... Kujovon AKA George !

Old 05-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Naw, you do not want to see mine. [&o]
Old 05-17-2012, 03:43 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

Does anyone have CAD that they can use and use accurate dimensions? I'm looking for a design for a small work bench. Something I can put my trucks on to work on them. My idea is a bench with the dimensions of 4'-0'' long, 2'-6'' deep, by 3'-6''-4'-0'' high to the table top. Im thinking about a 1'' tall lip around the outside top of the table top to prevent things from rolling off. And a 6'' high ''backstop''. I'd also like to throw 2 or 3 drawers in as well. not too big of drawers. But i was thinking 4''x4'''s for legs?
here you go. it has 3' 5" legs and a 1" top. the boarder is 1" square. i forgot the drawers. i drew it in google sketchup which is a free download http://sketchup.google.com/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54753.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1763512  
Old 05-17-2012, 03:52 PM
cumquat

my shop is a pigsty. i have a large bench, an old cheap dining room table, a steel workbench and some shelves i cant get to (as i said, a pigsty). toolwise, i had 2 bench grinders (one with grinding wheels and one with cutoff wheels. why it has cutoff wheels is beyond me, it was my great grandfather's shop), a drill press, an angle grinder, a dremel 4000 (keep that in my room), an FCAW welder (10 point if you dont have to use google to find out what FCAW is), a couple torches and miscellaneous hand tools.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:03 PM
futureboy1969

hey guys..I just redid mine this spring...But I have a rc table down in the basement where i do most of the serious wrench n. The pic with
Dale Jr in the background was the old setup..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74640.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1763534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15830.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1763535  
Old 05-17-2012, 05:18 PM
The_Shark

the WORLD is MY workshop, i plop down on the floor and build, maintain and repair, no need to worry about loosing screws and springs
Old 05-17-2012, 05:59 PM
romafern

Nice!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: Eman77

Nice, brenthampton79. Do you and supertib actually have garages to park cars in as well, or do you shove the cars outside and turn the garage into a permanent shop?

My center benches are on locking casters, so I can move them out of the way to pull 2 cars in if needed...... I also have a parking pad right behind the garage for 2 cars......

Looks like you guys don't though, since...you know...your shops are absolutely spotless. Even the floor.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:33 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: supertib

Thank you for the compliments guys !

I also have an upstairs built onto the shop...I have not developed it yet tho.... I used spray foam insulation for the entire shop, so I can walk between the rafters where there is no decking, the foam allows it support a good amount of weight, so it gives me excellent storage options in the future.....I was thinking I can make some compartments between the rafters.....,

and here is who guards it..... Kujovon AKA George !

Nice dog supertib, I love dogs that look all cuddly but could also rip your face apart. He sure is a beauty. I bought a flood light the other day that looks just like the one in your picture, I didn't really need a flood light but for $10 dollars I could not walk past it.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:37 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Here is a quick shot I took of my work space a while ago when it was looking a bit cleaner then usual. It's not much but it helps me keep things a little more organised.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:55 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: cumquat

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

Does anyone haveCAD that they can use and use accurate dimensions? I'm looking for a design for a small work bench. Something I can put my trucks on to work on them. My idea is a bench with the dimensions of 4'-0'' long, 2'-6'' deep, by 3'-6''-4'-0'' high to the table top. Im thinking about a 1'' tall lip around the outside top of the table top to prevent things from rolling off. And a 6'' high ''backstop''. I'd also like to throw 2 or 3 drawers in as well. not too big of drawers. But i was thinking 4''x4'''s for legs?
here you go. it has 3' 5" legs and a 1" top. the boarder is 1" square. i forgot the drawers. i drew it in google sketchup which is a free download http://sketchup.google.com/
That looks pretty good. Thanks cumquat. Thats pretty much all I would need. I dont need a huge work station, since my biggest rc is the flux xs lol
Old 05-18-2012, 06:02 PM
JohnP2

I love seeing everyone's "work-shop". It's funny as if you look at some of the "pros" workshops they are quite simple....yet old hacks like us have all the fancy set ups (and would not want it any other way).

p.s. I agree George looks like a sweetheart. I imagine the wayinto your workshopis to bring ahuge sock and play some tug-o-war with ol George first. ;-)