Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

BEWARE of Seller RC_MALL

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 08:29 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default BEWARE of Seller RC_MALL

Hey guys I felt obliged that I need to let the rc comunity know about this ebay seller.

I was looking on ebay comparing the price of some cv axles, I was looking at a set of 2 and a set of 4.
By mistake I ordered 2x of the set of 4. I was ment to order 1. I contacted the seller here are the messages... Seems he is happy to cancell it, but then suddenly he wants top feedback left before he will cancell it, now he has blocked me and opened a non payment case

Dear rc_mall,
I was ment to order 1 set but I made a mistake and ordered 2 sets. can I cancell 1 set
- #######

Dear #######,
sure or I let you choose 4 other TL01 parts for the replacing the 2nd set of universals?
- rc_mall

Dear rc_mall,
please just canell transation. I cant afford to spend $40 on a r/c car this week
- #######

Dear #######,
no problems give me top dsr positive feedback and i cancel the transaction
- rc_mall

Dear rc_mall,
That does not sound right,Im not leaving feedback for a cancelled item. just cancell it please. I belive requseting top feedback before you will cancelling a itemback is a breach of there policys.and sounds like a bribe to me.Trust me, with the way I feel ATM u wouldent want my feedback
- #######

Dear #######,
Im doing a favor for you and buy it now button is a contact to ebay and why I have to change it for you?
- rc_mall

Dear rc_mall,
Are u going to cancell it?
- #######

Dear #######,
why I have to cancel it, each bid is a contract to ebay
- rc_mall

What do u guys think???? Personally I will never buy from him again, and caution other people
Old 06-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: BEWARE of Seller RC_MALL

I think you should forward that conversation in its entirety to ebay, along with this thread. We all know you get universals in sets of 2, it's not unreasonable your mistake, or request.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:00 PM
phmaximus

Oh wow, Just got of the phone with ebays trust and safety team, then have said No ebay seller has the right to dictate how a buyer leaves feedback and they can not bribe a buyer to leave feedback before they complete a requested task.

Apparently there is sufficent evidence to get the strike removed because of the messages, but I need to wait untill it happens. then call them..
they cant remove is strike that has not happened yet.

Allso the trust and safety team and my self have reported rc_mall to the investigation team, and will most likely face a hefty punishment.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:14 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no worries for you, what he did was wrong.

rc mall..... china? ebay stores (and all web based stores) located in china are almost impossible to deal with and only care about your money.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:21 PM
phmaximus

Thanks for the support guys, felt a bit alone and lost...

spewing to they were a good price for TL01 universials and apparently would of fitted my TA01
Old 06-23-2012, 09:39 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Thanks for the support guys, felt a bit alone and lost...

spewing to they were a good price for TL01 universials and apparently would of fitted my TA01
sometimes the few bucks you save cost you customer service and time.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:06 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

no worries for you, what he did was wrong.

rc mall..... china? ebay stores (and all web based stores) located in china are almost impossible to deal with and only care about your money.
dunno I've not had any real negatives dealing with china, actually find them easier than most sellers in the US to deal with
Other day I got a LED light that blew out 5 mins after plugging it in (transformer fried) E-mailed the seller, and they did a full refund with no arguments told me just throw it out. I've also had similar with other sellers from china. The US sellers I find are the PITA's to deal with a I've had something that was $4 come broke they wanted it shipped back in fasion that would have cost me $5 to ship it back, those I usually end with paypal taking the full time to give me my refund... I also had one(in the US) that didn't have an item in stock I did a paypal refund got it they then somehow got me flagged as a NPB it took me 4 hours with ebay to get unflagged...
Old 06-25-2012, 06:11 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

US Sellers have to deal with a lot more buyers ripping them off with "I didn't get the item" or "This thing never worked I want my money back" when the buyer was negligent. Unfortunately, it forces a seller to adopt a very skeptical, CYA attitude towards customer service.

OP, sorry that you have had that crappy situation. Thanks for alerting us to it.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:02 PM
sparky 25

Bought numerous rc items from rc mall on eBay,

I never had any issues just great service.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:26 PM
phmaximus

can u explaine a bit more about what u mean by great service???
Old 06-26-2012, 01:06 PM
sparky 25

Every order was shipped quickly,

they answered any queries I had on items I had purchased and replied in a timely manner,

Considering the time zone difference.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:29 PM
phmaximus

What do u think of there response to me?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Max_Power

You got to look at it his way to me...It was YOUR mistake, The guy said "Sure, I'll cancel it", And then you told him you couldn't afford to spend $ you already commited to. Seems like it would be a lot easier to just give the guy good feedback as he sounds like he's willing to help. If he doesn't do what he promised THEN come here and drag his name through the mud He's absolutely right about it being a contract....he counts on not having to go back and redo every transaction to justify his small profit margin. Whats the big deal about leaving a guy who was willing to eat YOUR mistake good feedback? And you tell everyone "BEWARE" like he is some evil dude when the person they should be aware might make a mistake was YOU! GEEZ Why these days does everyone try to make their mistake somebody else's fault on a technicality? Why not work with the guy And if that doesn't work then come here and put a big red "X" on him? How many windows do you have to hit "Continue" and verify you are ordering what you need on to checkout on Ebay?
Old 06-26-2012, 08:41 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Max_Power

You got to look at it his way to me...It was YOUR mistake, The guy said ''Sure, I'll cancel it'', And then you told him you couldn't afford to spend $ you already commited to. Seems like it would be a lot easier to just give the guy good feedback as he sounds like he's willing to help. If he doesn't do what he promised THEN come here and drag his name through the mud He's absolutely right about it being a contract....he counts on not having to go back and redo every transaction to justify his small profit margin. Whats the big deal about leaving a guy who was willing to eat YOUR mistake good feedback? And you tell everyone ''BEWARE'' like he is some evil dude when the person they should be aware might make a mistake was YOU! GEEZ Why these days does everyone try to make their mistake somebody else's fault on a technicality? Why not work with the guy And if that doesn't work then come here and put a big red ''X'' on him? How many windows do you have to hit ''Continue'' and verify you are ordering what you need on to checkout on Ebay?
That's what I was wondering whenever I do a buy it now I have to hit the quantity I want ,then on the next page(for some reason) it asks me again 99% of the time the quantity I want again, then I have to hit YES I COMMIT TO BUY THIS where it says the amount of the item, and that its a contract yaddi yadda spiel.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:04 PM
phmaximus

You got to look at it his way to me...It was YOUR mistake, The guy said ''Sure, I'll cancel it'', And then you told him you couldn't afford to spend $ you already commited to. Seems like it would be a lot easier to just give the guy good feedback as he sounds like he's willing to help. If he doesn't do what he promised THEN come here and drag his name through the mud He's absolutely right about it being a contract....he counts on not having to go back and redo every transaction to justify his small profit margin. Whats the big deal about leaving a guy who was willing to eat YOUR mistake good feedback? And you tell everyone ''BEWARE'' like he is some evil dude when the person they should be aware might make a mistake was YOU! GEEZ Why these days does everyone try to make their mistake somebody else's fault on a technicality? Why not work with the guy And if that doesn't work then come here and put a big red ''X'' on him? How many windows do you have to hit ''Continue'' and verify you are ordering what you need on to checkout on Ebay?
Lol here we go, GEEZ don't know if u even warrant a response...... Stuff it u don't.

All I can say, its a good thing the eBay does not have people like you on there Trust and safety team. U obviously don't see what the issue is. I suggest reading there T&C's then re-reading this thread and with any luck u might work it out. Or someone might be nice enough to tell u. Good luck
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 PM
phmaximus

Just for the record the issue is not that I made a mistake when ordering, I thought that part was obvious, lol do u think eBay are going to remove the strike because of that.... Lmao... Some people shouldn't jump on threads ranting and raving pointing there finders. But in all honesty when I created this thread I knew some one would... Keyboard warrior or troll, they are everywhere
Old 06-27-2012, 03:46 AM
Max_Power

Before you start calling me names, Why don't you explain to me EXACTLY what the issue is? Or maybe you can bless me with this "situation clairvoiance" you seem to have that I'm missing. Because I actually read the E-bay contract...And I read your post....What I posted is what it looks like to me. What IS the real issue? That he asked you to leave a feedback on a item to be cancelled? Like I said Its not a every day occurance, But if the guy is willing to help you out why can you not reciprocate? Is your situation tootally resolved right now? Might it have been if you chose the other route? Did you start this thread to have your little internet buddies pat you on the back and say its ok? Did you start it to try to damage someones reputation on Ebay just because you made a mistake and didnt want to fix it in the reasonable way the seller wanted? Did you start this thread to ask for peoples opinions? Honestly to me you sound like the one who came here with a rant....I'm just trying to defend a guy who is being drug through the mud without his knowledge, And I personally feel was reasonable.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:35 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I think the issue is he asked for positive feedback before he would give him the refund, if it were me I would not be giving any feedback until everything was resolved. People make mistakes when ordering stuff all the time so giving someone a refund shouldn't be a big deal and asking for positive feedback and then going on about a contract isn't an ideal way to handle things IMO. Also Phmax ordered axles which often come in sets of two but the seller had them listed as a set of four so it's no surprise someone ordered two sets thinking they would be getting four axles rather than eight.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:51 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Before you start calling me names, Why don't you explain to me EXACTLY what the issue is? Or maybe you can bless me with this "situation clairvoiance" you seem to have that I'm missing. Because I actually read the E-bay contract...And I read your post....What I posted is what it looks like to me. What IS the real issue? That he asked you to leave a feedback on a item to be cancelled? Like I said Its not a every day occurance, But if the guy is willing to help you out why can you not reciprocate? Is your situation tootally resolved right now? Might it have been if you chose the other route? Did you start this thread to have your little internet buddies pat you on the back and say its ok? Did you start it to try to damage someones reputation on Ebay just because you made a mistake and didnt want to fix it in the reasonable way the seller wanted? Did you start this thread to ask for peoples opinions? Honestly to me you sound like the one who came here with a rant....I'm just trying to defend a guy who is being drug through the mud without his knowledge, And I personally feel was reasonable.
The issue is you're wrong. A seller cannot "extort" positive feedback from a buyer before doing anything. it is against the T&Cfor being a seller on ebay. You can feel it is reasonable all you want, but it is against the rules, and it is also not good customer service. With or without the rules.

You are correct in the fact that the seller could just tell ph to stuff it and make him buy the item. But that would be foolish on his part, especially if he has any kind of return policy, which most any large ebay seller does. All ph has to do is receive the item and promptly ship it back, and make the seller refund him. Now the seller has to deal with the inventory twice, process the refund, and basically give up whatever little profit he had in the original sale. Plus he has lost a customer in the process, in all likelihood. It is the classic "cut your nose off to spite your face."

His best course of action, as the seller, would have been to cancel the item as requested and correct it to the amount he wanted. It would have saved everyone time, money, hassle, and would not have cost him a customer in the long run.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:32 AM
phmaximus

TheKennyKiller & LaTuFu are dead right. A seller has no right to extort feedback from me before completing a requested action espeically for cancelling a item. And a seller can not force how I leave feedback. In fact a seller has no right to dictate how my feedfeed back is left at all, It is up to me on what I wright and how manny stars I give for a complete transaction And like the Trust and saftey team said, "its not complete unitll its canceled"
If I left feedback and he did not cancell the item, I would be screwed.

Like LaTuFu said he should of just corrected the order, then he would of had the transaction, I would of had my parts & he would of got good feedback providing everything went smoothe, win win for all.

Ive cancelled heaps of items on ebay in the past with no hastles... most sellers dont treat it as a contract to ebay

If he wasent prepared to cancel it I would of done 1 the following, not payed and accept the strike, payed then not accept the delivery and claim with paypal.

Ive spent alot of time talking to the ebay Trust & saftey team over this matter 2 live chats and a long phone call, I havent done anything wrong according to them, my request was reasonable. Because of the seller trying to extort me and bribe me with my feedback the Trust & saftey team Has reported him to the investigation team and he will most likely loose his power seller status. I have left him Bad feedback and he has created a unpayed item dispute. after the dispute is closed all I have to do is call the trust & saftey team and get the strike removed like they said for me to do. Dont think im doing this behind the sellers back Ive emailed them this thread and warned them that they will be investigated.

Max_Power

Did you start this thread to have your little internet buddies pat you on the back and say its ok?
Is that what U honestly think? In reality Ive problary anoyed the hell out of these guys (putting it nicly) at one time or another, Dont be thinking we are all buddie buddie, for all I know they problary hate my guts. Ive had some massive debaits with some of these guys and other senior members, like u are doing now. but these days ive learnt to pick my battles. And sometimes its hard after a bad week but im trying to be more polite & frendly thesedays... try having my 4 kids and been happy all the time....
I do think ur first post was problary not your finest work, and did come accros hostile
Old 06-27-2012, 05:49 AM
Foxy

Posting an addendum on behalf of Max Power, as requested...

"I'm sorry if I came off offending to anyone. I think my opinion is the right one as does everyone, but I concede that I was too coarse in the expression of it. I believe my viewpoint to hold truth but I apologize for trying to defend it too aggressively perhaps . Hopefully irregardless of the route PH can reach a resolution without too much more frustration."
Old 06-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Foxy

LaTuFu's post is spot on, saved me a whole bunch of typing. Anyway, this has run its course and is resolved. There is no point in further discussion/argument about the virtues (or lack thereof) of any party involved.

Move along folks...