Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What''s really controversial right now?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: A poll
Traxxas Funny Car
28.89%
Axial Exo RTR
6.67%
SC10 RS RTR
2.22%
Duratrax 1/8 Buggy RTR
6.67%
Duratrax Brushless Evader
8.89%
Something else???
46.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

What''s really controversial right now?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 12:06 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What''s really controversial right now?

Both wrong... Its a original Tamiya Wild Dagger, twin motor, mechanical speed controller with a nicd lol... really miss that car. Lost it in a pawn shop... never do that again... all for some extra cash to chase girls

this is what it was ment to look like.... hated the stickers so i left them off

Old 07-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny picture. The dirt spray makes it looks like the truck just landed backwards from a jump tail first and bounced.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:44 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont tell anyone I was doing reverse to 1st for more spray lol...

Those pics were so hard to get, it was seriously one of the first digital cameras, and had the biggest delay in taking the photo, over 1 sec
check these other pics of it...
this was my 2nd rc car & first electric, not including the Fast trax I had as a kid

Old 07-05-2012, 03:43 AM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have decided on the Summit. After that will be the Mad Force Kruiser VE and after that no one knows yet. Please feel free to PM me if anyone has any request at anytime. Also include why I should chose that vehicle and a link to it if possible.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:48 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: Eman77

I think I've seen a Kruiser VE review. Not so with the DMT VE. DOOO EEEETTT!
Looks like a good little truck, but I still like the Kruiser because it is 1/8th and has solid axles. I wonder if you could fit a 2 speed tranny into the Kruiser and make it kinda like a Summit but better???
a 2 speed kruiser would be insane, it's already crazy fast and would cut a summit in two. lol, plus it's chain drive.

it's pretty much the only true 1/8 mt on the market.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:46 AM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

I would like to see a review on HPI's WR8 Flux...1/8 rally car. Would it kill them to put a gear cover on it?
Nah, look at all the 1/8 buggies and truggies, all meant for throwing roost and going fast as hell off-road, and most not only have open center drivelines, but I am pretty sure all of us are running with nice rock-eating openings under our spur gears

Come to think of it, why IS that hole there on these things? Never thought to ask before....

google.....

Edit: Google it, apparently it lets debris ESCAPE the spur faster. Hmmm. Who knew?
Hey, thanks for the info! I've always wondered that too.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 AM
kaiser01

that hole is not for debris, 1/8 nitro and elecrtic buggies use the same chassis', that hole is for the bump starter/starter box.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Eman77

Hmm, now I'm getting 2 differing pieces of information.

CONTROVERSY!!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:49 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Maybe it is both reasons. I knew nitro had em for bump boxes, but it also makes sense that an open center driveline would need every chance it could get to eject damaging debris
Old 07-05-2012, 09:13 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

that hole is not for debris, 1/8 nitro and elecrtic buggies use the same chassis', that hole is for the bump starter/starter box.
wouldn't that be the one by the nitro engine where the fly wheel is?
I'm pretty sure they are talking about the one the spur comes through a tiny amount which to my knowledge doesn't have anything to do to a bump starter.
I think its combo to let fine particles through, and to allow the spur to sit 3mm's lower in most cases, therefor lowing the COG
Old 07-05-2012, 10:34 AM
thehuntingterminator

I just ordered the Summit. After that will be the Mad Force Kruiser VE and then after that who knows. Sorry that I can't please everyone.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Eman77

Should be good reviews. Good luck! Both are interesting vehicles.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:38 AM
thehuntingterminator

Yeah honestly the Summit has been the king of RCs for me ever since I got into the hobby about 3 or 4 years ago, but has always been out of my price range... until now. Plus, I figure that it will make for some interesting videos. Normally I just sell the RCs after reviewing them and everything, but I plan to keep the Summit for sure. The Mad Force looks like blast too, though, so it may also beg me to keep it!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:41 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Yeah honestly the Summit has been the king of RCs for me ever since I got into the hobby about 3 or 4 years ago, but has always been out of my price range... until now. Plus, I figure that it will make for some interesting videos. Normally I just sell the RCs after reviewing them and everything, but I plan to keep the Summit for sure. The Mad Force looks like blast too, though, so it may also beg me to keep it!
I've kinda wanted a summit, but at its price point I could never bring myself to sink that kind of cash on one. Wanted one mainly for winter driving back when I 1st started.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:43 AM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I've kinda wanted a summit, but at its price point I could never bring myself to sink that kind of cash on one. Wanted one mainly for winter driving back when I 1st started.
Yeah I was the same way. But, this was a limited edition and at the best price I have ever seen. Just look at it. Don't you want one???
Old 07-05-2012, 10:44 AM
thehuntingterminator

If anyone wants I will give them a link to these Summits. They're the same picture as above and selling for under $450 shipped. By far best deal I've seen so far and I know for a fact that the guy's legit. He also has a new Kawasaki BL E-Revo for sale for $550 shipped. Anyone interested?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:45 PM
kaiser01

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

wouldn't that be the one by the nitro engine where the fly wheel is?
I'm pretty sure they are talking about the one the spur comes through a tiny amount which to my knowledge doesn't have anything to do to a bump starter.
I think its combo to let fine particles through, and to allow the spur to sit 3mm's lower in most cases, therefor lowing the COG
you are correct, i forget my rc8 has many holes in the bottom, and that hole under the spur is to lower cg and run bigger gears. my bad.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:29 AM
thehuntingterminator

So next would this be something of interest to you guys? Looks really cool to me and it's a great price.

http://www.nitrorcx.com/72c-tuscon-5e-80a-blue-rtr.html
Old 07-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Microz

Well i would recommend this since its from redcat, and redcat actually changes out some parts that exceed doesn't making it a little bit stronger.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:43 AM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: Microz

Well i would recommend this since its from redcat, and redcat actually changes out some parts that exceed doesn't making it a little bit stronger.

Yeah it's probably smarter to buy from them, but for the extra $200? I don't think so. That thing looks like so much fun. Should be almost as big as the Losi 5ive-T. I think that something that big would be blast.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Microz

Well its not really an extra $200...redcat just inflates their prices on their site for some reason. (as you can see from the link below). Easily be the same price as the exceed after adding in the shipping cost from nitrorcx.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:48 AM
thehuntingterminator

Well its not really an extra $200...redcat just inflates their prices on their site for some reason. (as you can see from the link below). Easily be the same price as the exceed after adding in the shipping cost from nitrorcx.
Huh, ok. Looks like I should be able to get it for around the same price. Imagine having two of these. They would be so much fun to race... or race with my Summit, lol.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:50 AM
thehuntingterminator

I can see why people said that it's underpowered even on 4s. Appears to use a 540 size 1500kv motor. I've seen that some people have taken out the 80a ESC and 540 size motor and put in a 150a ESC w/ a 1/8th scale BL motor, and then run it on 6s. They said it helped alot, but that's an extra $250-300 worth of stuff easy.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Microz

Huh, ok. Looks like I should be able to get it for around the same price. Imagine having two of these. They would be so much fun to race... or race with my Summit, lol.
lol yeah that would be awesome fun!

Old 07-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Microz

I can see why people said that it's underpowered even on 4s. Appears to use a 540 size 1500kv motor. I've seen that some people have taken out the 80a ESC and 540 size motor and put in a 150a ESC w/ a 1/8th scale BL motor, and then run it on 6s. They said it helped alot, but that's an extra $250-300 worth of stuff easy.
Yeah thats true. That is, if you like to get maximum power out of your rc, it would be quite expensive for a larger scale vehicle. Im sure you like to get insane power out of things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.