Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

lol, you guys aren't gonna believe this...but...(revealed! Page 4)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

lol, you guys aren't gonna believe this...but...(revealed! Page 4)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 04:56 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: lol, you guys aren't gonna believe this...but...(revealed! Page 4)

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Im guessing the XO-1.... only because I want one...and what true RC enthusiast wouldnt be? 100mph, ill get it faster

does this mean u will be getting a Ipod???
well can't be that he said class leading, and ofna has a car kit that has hit 121 mph with no real mods to it, and is way cheaper complete than the XO-1(I think you would still be under an XO-1 even if you flung on a $300 futaba radio).

my only questions outside of their exorbitant prices what does traxxas have that's class leading...
I dont know thats a old argument. the XO-1 is RTR, its like saying i could build a Honda Accord with a Odessy Motor and nitrous that will be faster than a Lamborghini Gallardo, but does that make it better?

VS

Come on look at the chassis alone, the X0-1 has more potential, dare say on a read track it has more down force with out the drag of the onfa due to the smoothe chassis

onfa
$200 chassis
$60 body
$20 paint... simple paint job
$60 cheap servo
$650 mamba XL
=$990 with out batteries and radio gear... hummmm and ive only seen some random video from youtube of 1 allegedly doing 121mph, could be real could be fake, who knows there is no information about the setup so who knows.
so $990 +
$389.99 9000XL 11.1v LiPo packs
$300 FUTABA S-FHSS 2.4ghz
$1679.99 TOTAL, and is not guaranteed to hit over 100mph

XO-1
$1000 RTR
guaranteed to hit over 100mph with ipod touch
$200 Ipod
As apple been the market leader, tha majority of people own a ipod touch or a iphone so wont need to purchase one.
Allso the XO-1 has a warranty
curious why the mamba XL? the GTP2 is a 1/8th scale onroad
I think the 120mph run was did with a normal old MM 2200kv setup

and where the hell you buying paint for $20 for a simple job? seriously, and why the expensive batteries
also think it was done with the stock body (I deleted the link a few months back outta my bookmarks) found a 97mph run with the stock body, and parts on a MM 2200...
$30-40 servo
2 3S lipos $50 from good ole HK
$210 kit including body
$300 radio
$331 MM 2200 setup (personally I'd use the HW setup for $200 cause I think this is a ripoff)
$10 for paint (we'll go fancy 2 color paint job)

I'm coming up with around $900 for a RC with a controller not tied to a product that would cost an additional $150, but 1/3rd of that was for the $300 futaba which is not needed at all where a $20 radio would suffice where as you tacked on some extreme non-necessities that super inflated the price

anyways lets stop this pointless argument

Old 07-12-2012, 05:06 PM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im guessing the XO-1.... only because I want one...and what true RC enthusiast wouldnt be? 100mph, ill get it faster

does this mean u will be getting a Ipod???
well can't be that he said class leading, and ofna has a car kit that has hit 121 mph with no real mods to it, and is way cheaper complete than the XO-1(I think you would still be under an XO-1 even if you flung on a $300 futaba radio).

my only questions outside of their exorbitant prices what does traxxas have that's class leading...
I dont know thats a old argument. the XO-1 is RTR, its like saying i could build a Honda Accord with a Odessy Motor and nitrous that will be faster than a Lamborghini Gallardo, but does that make it better?

VS

Come on look at the chassis alone, the X0-1 has more potential, dare say on a read track it has more down force with out the drag of the onfa due to the smoothe chassis

onfa
$200 chassis
$60 body
$20 paint... simple paint job
$60 cheap servo
$650 mamba XL
=$990 with out batteries and radio gear... hummmm and ive only seen some random video from youtube of 1 allegedly doing 121mph, could be real could be fake, who knows there is no information about the setup so who knows.
so $990 +
$389.99 9000XL 11.1v LiPo packs
$300 FUTABA S-FHSS 2.4ghz
$1679.99 TOTAL, and is not guaranteed to hit over 100mph

XO-1
$1000 RTR
guaranteed to hit over 100mph with ipod touch
$200 Ipod
As apple been the market leader, tha majority of people own a ipod touch or a iphone so wont need to purchase one.
Allso the XO-1 has a warranty
You do realize that you listed a 1/5 brushless system there, right?
Also, where exactly do you shop that'd charge $20 for a couple cans of paint?

Edit: Looks like syco beat me to it.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:36 PM
thehuntingterminator

The paint could easily cost $20. 3 cans from my HobbyTown cost me $18 and that was the cheapest stuff they had. Yeah, you can buy it off ebay, but it's $9 shipping most of the time.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:39 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

The paint could easily cost $20. 3 cans from my HobbyTown cost me $18 and that was the cheapest stuff they had. Yeah, you can buy it off ebay, but it's $9 shipping most of the time.
well depends on the paint brand. But remember you said 3 cans that no longer is a simple paint job.

I only pay $5 for 2 ounces but that's not spray.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:42 PM
thehuntingterminator

well depends on the paint brand. But remember you said 3 cans that no longer is a simple paint job.

Three different colors is mildly simple. Fender guards black, scoop blue, and rest of the body white. Not anything crazy and just used masking tape to mask areas off. We should probably get back on topic, lol.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:49 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Three different colors is mildly simple. Fender guards black, scoop blue, and rest of the body white. Not anything crazy and just used masking tape to mask areas off. We should probably get back on topic, lol.
but he was comparing it to the X01 which is 1 solid color from what I see with stickers all over it

won't argue getting back on topic though
Old 07-12-2012, 05:52 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

curious why the mamba XL? the GTP2 is a 1/8th scale onroad
I think the 120mph run was did with a normal old MM 2200kv setup

and where the hell you buying paint for $20 for a simple job? seriously, and why the expensive batteries
also think it was done with the stock body (I deleted the link a few months back outta my bookmarks) found a 97mph run with the stock body, and parts on a MM 2200...
$30-40 servo
2 3S lipos $50 from good ole HK
$210 kit including body
$300 radio
$331 MM 2200 setup (personally I'd use the HW setup for $200 cause I think this is a ripoff)
$10 for paint (we'll go fancy 2 color paint job)

I'm coming up with around $900 for a RC with a controller not tied to a product that would cost an additional $150, but 1/3rd of that was for the $300 futaba which is not needed at all where a $20 radio would suffice where as you tacked on some extreme non-necessities that super inflated the price

anyways lets stop this pointless argument

Lol, love the way u have ur say then "anyway lets stop this pointless argument" lol

Dont know why u would list 2x3s batteries when that ESC cant handle 6s...
thats why I listed the Mamba XL, maby the MMP would suffice.
Allso I thought using Max amps 9000lxmah with a True 100c would ensure a lower chance of voltage drop, meaning more speed.
They are a upgrade for the X0-1 "The 3s 9000XL packs will give you a 10%+ increase in voltage and top speed. The higher voltage will also allow you to get to top speed faster because of the increased voltage retention over the stock packs. The 9000mah gives you almost double the run time of the stock 5000mah packs" Sounds right?
Post up those 2x lipo's u can get for $50, im intrested to see there specs. and efficiency. If they are any good I might get some.
Dont think a Cheap 2.4 radio with a low frame rate would be any good on a high speed car.... more i think about u would problary want a better servo.

Lastly the can of paint, If u look at the left side of the screen just under my avatar u will see im from Australia, our population is 22.5 million Vs the USA with over 313 million. we have fewer consumers in the rc industry than the USA. what does all that mean? RC stuff cost more.... $10 for a tamiya can is cheap

ok lastly since u guys seem to be in the know, what setup is in that 121mph car?
all I could find was
"ok so a thank u goes out to
jeff from ipanema tires
castle creations
neu motors
mike at rc-monster for gears and motor mounts
power edge batteries
paul at max velocity for chassis and shock towers and all carbon fiber parts
also want to thank my boy Romeo form elite performance with camera
and my boy drifter on the radar gun"

Hummmmm dont know is it sounds like a onfa with little mods to me.....

Yeah problary should get back on topic, just wanted to clear some things up

found a Rustler GT8 Conversion..121 MPH with 34t pinon and a 36t spur...
Old 07-12-2012, 06:08 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Lol, love the way u have ur say then ''anyway lets stop this pointless argument'' lol

Dont know why u would list 2x3s batteries when that ESC cant handle 6s...
thats why I listed the Mamba XL, maby the MMP would suffice.
Allso I thought using Max amps 9000lxmah with a True 100c would ensure a lower chance of voltage drop, meaning more speed.
They are a upgrade for the X0-1 ''The 3s 9000XL packs will give you a 10%+ increase in voltage and top speed. The higher voltage will also allow you to get to top speed faster because of the increased voltage retention over the stock packs. The 9000mah gives you almost double the run time of the stock 5000mah packs'' Sounds right?
Post up those 2x lipo's u can get for $50, im intrested to see there specs. and efficiency. If they are any good I might get some.
Dont think a Cheap 2.4 radio with a low frame rate would be any good on a high speed car.... more i think about u would problary want a better servo.

Lastly the can of paint, If u look at the left side of the screen just under my avatar u will see im from Australia, our population is 22.5 million Vs the USA with over 313 million. we have fewer consumers in the rc industry than the USA. what does all that mean? RC stuff cost more.... $10 for a tamiya can is cheap

ok lastly since u guys seem to be in the know, what setup is in that 121mph car?
all I could find was
''ok so a thank u goes out to
jeff from ipanema tires
castle creations
neu motors
mike at rc-monster for gears and motor mounts
power edge batteries
paul at max velocity for chassis and shock towers and all carbon fiber parts
also want to thank my boy Romeo form elite performance with camera
and my boy drifter on the radar gun''

Hummmmm dont know is it sounds like a onfa with little mods to me.....

Yeah problary should get back on topic, just wanted to clear some things up

found a Rustler GT8 Conversion..121 MPH with 34t pinon and a 36t spur...
the Mamba Monster is 4-6S its the same ESC in the savage flux(and I think a modded one is in the X0-1)... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVHA5&P=ML look under the specs. the XL is rated 10S (it has a 750kv motor, yes that low)

I was off by $30 in batteries as I did a guess based on what I buy 2S for pretty nutty you could just wire 3 2S in series for less. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html specs aint far off what I use in my truggy on 4S with the same ESC I linked
the 121 might have had mods but the 100's or close to it were bone stock(or so they say)

sorry about the paint price I have no idea what the cost is in australia. Maybe there the X0-1 is a good buy for what it has, but here there are comparable vehicles for less.
The stuff I posted was what was claimed to be used for a 97mph ofna (radio was just extra)
Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 PM
FahrtAutoRC

The XO-1 would be great IF they didn't throw in that crummy marketing deal with Apple. Go ahead and preach all day how Traxxas is the industry leader in marketing, they do this this and that great. Fine. WHERE does that benefit you? You still bought something that is often times another 1/3 the price of the competition, and you are stuck with a basher. Yes, a basher. Traxxas IS top-o-the-line......in the back yard. That is fine. But farbeit for me to put flashy marketing over pure specs and results. You fanboys need to find a new hobby, as you are bringing this one down with all the needless bickering EVERY @%&$##% TIME that the word "Traxxas" shows up somewhere.i mean, really? Go start up a motorcycle club. Then you all can tote Harleys and tell the world how much better than the rest it is. I'll be the one attending the show drooling over the old BSA in the corner.

Sorry, Foxy, for jumping in on the hijacking that has overtaken your thread, but, let's face it. You mentioned the T-word, you knew something would get started somewhere! I am stepping out though, off to clean and pack before i pick up the UHaul this weekend
Old 07-12-2012, 06:29 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

The XO-1 would be great IF they didn't throw in that crummy marketing deal with Apple. Go ahead and preach all day how Traxxas is the industry leader in marketing, they do this this and that great. Fine. WHERE does that benefit you? You still bought something that is often times another 1/3 the price of the competition, and you are stuck with a basher. Yes, a basher. Traxxas IS top-o-the-line......in the back yard. That is fine. But farbeit for me to put flashy marketing over pure specs and results. You fanboys need to find a new hobby, as you are bringing this one down with all the needless bickering EVERY @%&$##% TIME that the word ''Traxxas'' shows up somewhere. i mean, really? Go start up a motorcycle club. Then you all can tote Harleys and tell the world how much better than the rest it is. I'll be the one attending the show drooling over the old BSA in the corner.

Sorry, Foxy, for jumping in on the hijacking that has overtaken your thread, but, let's face it. You mentioned the T-word, you knew something would get started somewhere! I am stepping out though, off to clean and pack before i pick up the UHaul this weekend
gimmie a custom made chopper any day over a off the shelf harley

Not trying to trash traxxas, just saying the X0-1 isn't all that special. Now it probably is a deal if you don't want to experiment, own an iphone or newer ipod, and don't want to figure things out for yourself (lets face it there are A LOT of people like that on these forums) but for people that don't mind experimenting its not the deal they try and make it out to be.

Also that stupid need apple products BS they are using now irks me.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:31 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SyCo_VeNoM
I just really like the XO-1, has great braging rights and how cool is the bottom of the chassis, might get one next year, or a HPI super 4wd 5SC Flux... 2 most controversial cars of this year. Eminem should make rc cars.... lol

come on Foxy, what is it?

... dont tell me its a Slash...
Old 07-12-2012, 06:32 PM
thehuntingterminator

Please tell us already Foxy! I'm dying to know!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:37 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

SyCo_VeNoM
I just really like the XO-1, has great braging rights and how cool is the bottom of the chassis, might get one next year, or a HPI super 4wd 5SC Flux... 2 most controversial cars of this year. Eminem should make rc cars.... lol

come on Foxy, what is it?

... dont tell me its a Slash...
I wouldn't really say either is controversial (the apple tie in for their radios is a tad though)
don't remember much about the 1/5th flux though that died out fast seeing its just a stretched savage.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:38 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

The XO-1 would be great IF they didn't throw in that crummy marketing deal with Apple. Go ahead and preach all day how Traxxas is the industry leader in marketing, they do this this and that great. Fine. WHERE does that benefit you? You still bought something that is often times another 1/3 the price of the competition, and you are stuck with a basher. Yes, a basher. Traxxas IS top-o-the-line......in the back yard. That is fine. But farbeit for me to put flashy marketing over pure specs and results. You fanboys need to find a new hobby, as you are bringing this one down with all the needless bickering EVERY @%&$##% TIME that the word ''Traxxas'' shows up somewhere. i mean, really? Go start up a motorcycle club. Then you all can tote Harleys and tell the world how much better than the rest it is. I'll be the one attending the show drooling over the old BSA in the corner.

gimmie a custom made chopper any day over a off the shelf harley

Not trying to trash traxxas, just saying the X0-1 isn't all that special. Now it probably is a deal if you don't want to experiment, own an iphone or newer ipod, and don't want to figure things out for yourself (lets face it there are A LOT of people like that on these forums) but for people that don't mind experimenting its not the deal they try and make it out to be.

Also that stupid need apple products BS they are using now irks me.
Yeah baby!!

my guess is the Funny Car...
or XO-1 [:-]
Old 07-12-2012, 06:45 PM
cumquat

keep your Harley's and BSA's, i'll take an Indian any day he new what he was in for. i think he's surprised it took this long.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:46 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: srt10

Yeah baby!!

I'd so laugh if its an original 2wd stampede

Lets face it in 2wd MT's they just might be the industry leader seeing I can't think of many
Old 07-12-2012, 06:58 PM
cumquat

Yeah baby!!

Lets face it in 2wd MT's they just might be the industry leader seeing I can't think of many
tamiya lunchbox. or wild willy.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:02 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: cumquat

Yeah baby!!

tamiya lunchbox. or wild willy.
those and the ECX
onlyone that might give pede a run for its money IMO would be the ECX one
the tamiyas as much as I like tamiyas I doubt would survive what a pede could. The ECX MIGHT be able to
Old 07-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Admiral052

I still say summit or the xo1. That xo1 is pretty cool
Old 07-12-2012, 08:04 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

In Australia we have paint, it also comes in pressure packs known as spray cans. Spray cans or pressure packs cost money. In Australia we make more money then most Americans but the cost of living is higher. Even though living costs more we still have enough to pay a little more for our pressure packs (aka spray cans). One star FTW.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:20 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did I win???
Old 07-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Foxy

Please tell us already Foxy! I'm dying to know!
As I said, hopefully today (still on schedule), a photo of me with it in my hands... by 21.00 GMT+2 the truth will be revealed!!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:22 PM
FahrtAutoRC

*crosses fingers*
Old 07-13-2012, 02:13 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I can't wait. The suspense is killing me.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:36 AM
pyromatic177

Revo 3.3. or Rustler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.