Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

traxxas jato 3.3 wheelw

Old 11-15-2013, 09:03 AM
bradjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas jato 3.3 wheelw

Hi I want to know if this is going to work, I have 2.8" wheels as standard and the anaconda tires which are very worn out.
I want to change down to 2.2

I am thinking of getting the proline agitators in 2.2" and running proline edge on front and dirt works on back. Ive read that it may not be that simple tho I.e adaptors for the wheels to fit properly, I dont care what wheels look like as long as I dknt have to bodge them up I just would like to take off old ones and put new ones on, any advice be appreciated Thanks brad
Old 11-15-2013, 04:10 PM
bradjones

I no everyone has seen this sort of question, so ill make it simple will agitators or wabash wheels fit my jato without having to mod anything
Old 11-15-2013, 10:18 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by bradjones
I no everyone has seen this sort of question, so ill make it simple will agitators or wabash wheels fit my jato without having to mod anything
I tried putting 2.2 wheels on my Jato and after 2 hours or grinding with a dremel and carefully trying to get them to fit I gave up. Unless you find some 2.2 wheels with a ton of offset (making them stick out more) might work. Nitro Rustler wheels for sure won't fit without a LOT of work. Besides, it will be faster with 2.8" wheels vs. 2.2 wheels.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:16 PM
bradjones

Ye I ended up getting proline dirt dawgs 2.8" on desperado wheels £26 with delivery and kept anaconda on front wheels but would like the ribbed wheels jato do for front when I have the cash