Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Truggy advice

Not sure if this is the right area to be asking this but what do u guys think of the redcat monsoon xte truggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Truggy advice

in general redcat/exceed are of lower quality than other manufactures, some of the stuff isn't too bad, and for the money spent, I really can't compare another electric truggy for that price.

however, big squid's review pretty much would have me turn around and walk away, arms snap, weak dogbones/CV, bad servos (given most all stockers suck) broken wing mount ect.

Get a good used jammin CRT X1 that is already brushless ready or do it yourself, rollers can be had very cheaply, I am selling my roller soon since I have no use for it at the moment.
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

in general redcat/exceed are of lower quality than other manufactures (but on par with most traxxas)
    Just couldn't help yourself could you. I think most Traxxas models are a little more durable than anything made by Redcat. But hey, what would I know.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've run a HB D8T for at least a full race season and it's bulletproof, never broke anything!
    The nitro kit is like $300, not sure what it takes to convert but you could find out here - http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ruggy-549.html

Alum steering horn is all I did, aside from Savox 1256TG & 1257TG servos and ERCM engine and pipe.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Watching the footage I should've known about, HotBodies smoked the competition.
    http://events.redrc.net/tag/2012-dirt-nitro-challenge/

D8T FTW!
    I have the same advantage with my ERCM JL.21 powered D8T, I just can't drive like Tessman lol.
    Killer fuel mileage, I just need to drive to take full advantage of it.

"Team Associated were the only team to ever threaten Tessmann’s ruling of proceedings in the 45-minute final. Starting third on the grid Cavalieri got by the No.2 TLR 8ight of Dakota Phend and chased down the Top Qualifier but it was to be in vein as the US Champion suffered a steering servo failure in his Orion powered RC8.2 ending his race 13-minutes in. Following the demise of Cavalieri, the race didn’t pick up again until it reached the 30-minute mark as Maifield got right within striking distance of Tessmann. While a more serious challenge Maifield would too succumb to a steering problem this time with a broken steering rod end. Associated team manager Brent Thielke said afterwards that they suspect an impact with Adam Drake’s out of shape TLR 8ight had cracked the part and it just eventually broke completely ending Maifield event. Maifield rejoined the race after repairs to finish 9th."

I love my Savox servos too...

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The D8T is on special at amainhobbies too...but you're still gonna be looking at $700+ up and running.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

in general redcat/exceed are of lower quality than other manufactures (but on par with most traxxas)
    Just couldn't help yourself could you. I think most Traxxas models are a little more durable than anything made by Redcat. But hey, what would I know.
    just stating my opinion and my observations, lets just say I'm at a certain hobby shop alot and see alot of traxxas stuff come in for the same issues (mainly electronics and driveline) so side by side redcat, traxxas's older lines are on par with most of redcat, newer lines are better, but they only really have 4 new platforms. exceed's (redcat) tecktonic, madstorm and SC are not bad, sometimes they copy OFNA stuff which is known for durability, but still made of cheaper plastics, and sometimes they flatout re-label models (my exceed wh100 IS a walkera Genius CP, it even comes with a walkera booklet)
    Signature

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just stating my opinion and my observations, lets just say I'm at a certain hobby shop alot and see alot of traxxas stuff come in for the same issues (mainly electronics and driveline) so side by side redcat, traxxas's older lines are on par with most of redcat, newer lines are better, but they only really have 4 new platforms. exceed's (redcat) tecktonic, madstorm and SC are not bad, sometimes they copy OFNA stuff which is known for durability, but still made of cheaper plastics, and sometimes they flatout re-label models (my exceed wh100 IS a walkera Genius CP, it even comes with a walkera booklet)
    I just thought it was funny is all, I noticed this thread was about Truggies of which Traxxas don't make any and I noticed you were the last one to post so I only checked this thread to see if you could turn it into something negative about them... You didn't disappoint.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just thought it was funny is all, I noticed this thread was about Truggies of which Traxxas don't make any and I noticed you were the last one to post so I only checked this thread to see if you could turn it into something negative about them... You didn't disappoint.
    not attacking anyone or anything, I am just letting people know that many traxxas models are on par with exceed/redcat from everything I have experience, I wanted to compare quality, and traxxas is on the same playing field with many models.

again, I'm not attacking anyone or anything, its not worth my time to troll around.
    Signature

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

again, I'm not attacking anyone or anything, its not worth my time to troll around.
    Never said you were, sall goood.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ask for advice on a truggy and people arguing bout traxxas! Traxxas was never mentioned in my original post

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No, but a lot of good information and advice was, I would ignore the Traxxas stuff posted, and would recommend you do the same at your LHS! Haha I couldn't help myself

ORIGINAL: Antanooch

I ask for advice on a truggy and people arguing bout traxxas! Traxxas was never mentioned in my original post
    Tekno Losi 8ight II Slash 4X4 II HPI Blitz II Associated B4.1 II Losi Mini-T II Custom frame AX10 II Axial G6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I do apologise. To be honest I don't know anything about the Redcat Monsoon but I haven't heard great things about Redcat in general. Welcome to RCU.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And that's why, The Shark, I keep telling you not to do this (raise how you dislike traxxas randomly). I'll hold off on the clean up since it was kept civil, but dude, give it a rest, please. PLEASE.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone looking to sell a truggy rtr let me know

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check the marketplace

Anyone looking to sell a truggy rtr let me know
    Tekno Losi 8ight II Slash 4X4 II HPI Blitz II Associated B4.1 II Losi Mini-T II Custom frame AX10 II Axial G6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Foxy

And that's why, The Shark, I keep telling you not to do this (raise how you dislike traxxas randomly). I'll hold off on the clean up since it was kept civil, but dude, give it a rest, please. PLEASE.
    wow, im not the one trolling, I can't believe you don't see that. i was comparing quality, im not going to hold back and say "its like hpi" when yes, hpi makes some low quality stuff, but for the most part, it is superior than redcat.

look, some traxxas stuff is good, but for the most part, they are on par with redcat, I'm being honest, I'm being truthful, I'm not trolling, i've been in the hobby for 17 years, owned all sorts of rc of almost all brands so my opinion holds water.

I'm sorry, this is not the traxxas forum, I can state my opinion, its not like im going to the traxxas threads and saying all over the place "traxxas sux lol!"

People are acting like brainwashed zombies, its a toy, everyone thinks theirs is better.

ps. isn't it funny no one defends me saying "redcat typically of lower quality than other brands"!!! double standard...
    Signature

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Keep an eye on the RCtech BST, you might come up with a used racer D8T elec conversion on the cheap.
    "Generally" people are respectable on RCtech, as always use caution.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade-16/

Sometimes used elec D8T's come up used in the D8T thread too.
    http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ruggy-549.html

Again, can't say enough about my D8T's toughness!
    It ain't no Crapxxas or Redcat!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The_Shark (post now deleted)
    ps. isn't it funny no one defends me saying ''redcat typically of lower quality than other brands''!!! double standard...
    No, people giving feedback about redcat in a thread about redcat is what the forums are for.

I've deleted all the irrelevant traxxas discussion now, let's stick to the topic.

By the way anatanooch, just a heads up, I removed your post asking if people were selling a truggy, buying and selling int he forum is not permitted, that's what we have the marketplace for.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat may not be top notch but my Caldera hit a full sized truck wound out in 2nd,$15 good to go... Tweaked the bumper and broke a plastic brace behind the shock tower (big pop) and a knuckle but the front arms were good as new.... Two bills...... My Redcat tornado... Gears strip if you get crazy... Proline dirt hawg dont help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

in general redcat/exceed are of lower quality than other manufactures, some of the stuff isn't too bad, and for the money spent, I really can't compare another electric truggy for that price.

however, big squid's review pretty much would have me turn around and walk away, arms snap, weak dogbones/CV, bad servos (given most all stockers suck) broken wing mount ect.

Get a good used jammin CRT X1 that is already brushless ready or do it yourself, rollers can be had very cheaply, I am selling my roller soon since I have no use for it at the moment.
    agree on that I have one that I made electric, and that thing has taken a 40+mph head on into concrete, and only broke a $5 part. the hit was so bad it actually ripped the front bumper mount out completely from under the diffs. Thought I totaled it on its 1st test run lol
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest