Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How to Boil Off Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:10 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Boil Off Tires

Thought I'd post a link seeing that so many people don't know how to do this: link removed

Edit: Haha it looks like originally I posted the wrong link lol. It's been corrected.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:31 PM
celica49

Default RE: How to Boil Off Tires

Good info for sure. I never messed with it though. I would generally just buy new premounts for my old cen matrix buggy and truggy. I hate mounting tires! haha
Old 08-01-2012, 07:47 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: celica49

Good info for sure. I never messed with it though. I would generally just buy new premounts for my old cen matrix buggy and truggy. I hate mounting tires! haha
Thanks! I don't mind mounting them at all, but I hate un-gluing them. It's almost worth buying new rims IMO.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

screw boiling it sucks.
I did it once and would never do it again.
if you want to save the rim, and don't care about the tire you can just cut the tire off way faster, and safer. Same with the other way if you don't care about the rim but want to save the tire you can cut the rim off.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:25 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ive had some luck with boiling off tyres but it ruined the chrome finish on the wheel
Old 08-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thehuntingterminator, I'm sorry I had to remove that link. We don't allow arbitrary linking to alternative RC content on potentially competing websites. The only circumstances under which this would be ok, is if someone specifically asked in a thread 'How do I boil tires off the rims?', then you could post a link. If you want to start a new thread on this subject, that's ok too, but you'll have to copy the material, not link it. Unfortunately we have to have this rule, or people would post links to really meaningless stuff just to promote their sites.

Having said that, please do go to the trouble of copying and pasting it for us, it looks like a good article to have around. I'll add it to an FAQ or something if you do.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:46 AM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: Foxy

thehuntingterminator, I'm sorry I had to remove that link. We don't allow arbitrary linking to alternative RC content on potentially competing websites. The only circumstances under which this would be ok, is if someone specifically asked in a thread 'How do I boil tires off the rims?', then you could post a link. If you want to start a new thread on this subject, that's ok too, but you'll have to copy the material, not link it. Unfortunately we have to have this rule, or people would post links to really meaningless stuff just to promote their sites.

Having said that, please do go to the trouble of copying and pasting it for us, it looks like a good article to have around. I'll add it to an FAQ or something if you do.
Alright, I understand. But, it cannot be copied and pasted. It's owned by RcTruckStop now, so it has to be linked, not copied under any circumstances.