Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help with shocks

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Rustler53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with shocks

Hey All, I'm new to the forum and for the most part very new to the RC world. I had a couple cars/trucks as a kid but have just recently (about a year ago) returned to the hobby. I bought a Traxxas Rustler VXL (I know, I know) But it's fast and I'm pretty happy with it. I mainly use it on the street/parking lots but there is some construction going on near my house so we've been taking it and tearing it up on the dirt and gravel piles they have over there. Problem is I've bent a rear shock. Nothing major where I can't still run it, I actuallystraightened it somewhat,but you can tell a difference in the handling. What is a good brand of shock to upgrade to that wont kill me on price? Basically everything is still stock on the car execpt what I've broken (shock towers, a-arms, front and rear knuckles) but all that has been replaced with RPM products. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:28 PM
j0e331

Default RE: Help with shocks

Integy makes shocks for the rustler. Cost about $30 a side
Old 08-06-2012, 03:05 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there are hardned shock shafts for the traxxas shocks.

Im doubtfull the integy shocks are a upgrade from the stock shocks..... seriously stick with the traxxas shocks, IMOthe stock shocks work a treat and there are a few upgrade parts for them
Old 08-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Rustler53

Awesome. Thanks. I'll start shopping for a new set of stock shocks now. Much appreciated.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:23 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Yea, Integy is usually not much good for anything but show and shock towers, IMHO, Try the hardened Traxxas shafts as mentioned, they are worth it, and if you absolutely MUST upgrade, get the ones that ProLine makes, you will not be disappointed.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Rustler53

Not a real need to upgrade I guess. I don't do any racing just running with my brother around the house. Thanks for all the help!