Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Lipo batteries, 25c vs 40c

Old 08-06-2012, 11:16 AM
imperviously

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo batteries, 25c vs 40c

Hello, recently i've been wanting to pick up 2 new batteries for my sc10, im running a 13.5 sensored novak motor.
I have been looking into batteries and such, and there are two brands im willing to buy from. Gforce and Gens ace. The thing is, Gforce has their 2s 5000mah 25c for only $17!!, and the gens ace 2s 5000 mah 40c is about $33. Plus i kinda don't want to have to get gens ace and need to resolder it because i use deans plugs.

Honestly, will i see the difference between the 25c and the 40c that greatly? Should i get the 25c, and save a GREAT amount of money, and use it towards other upgrades or new tires that i will be needing soon anyways.

The whole 25c vs 40c. i understand that obviously more C rating is better, but the 25 and 40, will i actually be able to tell a great deal difference to where its almost double the price?

Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Lipo batteries, 25c vs 40c

ORIGINAL: imperviously

Hello, recently i've been wanting to pick up 2 new batteries for my sc10, im running a 13.5 sensored novak motor.
I have been looking into batteries and such, and there are two brands im willing to buy from. Gforce and Gens ace. The thing is, Gforce has their 2s 5000mah 25c for only $17!!, and the gens ace 2s 5000 mah 40c is about $33. Plus i kinda don't want to have to get gens ace and need to resolder it because i use deans plugs.

Honestly, will i see the difference between the 25c and the 40c that greatly? Should i get the 25c, and save a GREAT amount of money, and use it towards other upgrades or new tires that i will be needing soon anyways.

The whole 25c vs 40c. i understand that obviously more C rating is better, but the 25 and 40, will i actually be able to tell a great deal difference to where its almost double the price?

EDIT: Oops. See setup in first post lol.

In that truck in that setup, I doubt you will see any difference. If it were 4wd things would be different.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:24 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

The C rating is the discharge rate, or punch. It is measured in amps i believe of how quickly it can send power to the motor/esc. The higher the rating, the more off the line punch you will have. I run 25c on a 4wd savage flux xs, and its a good amount. still will do standing backflips.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:31 AM
imperviously

Well im running an SC10 with 13.5 novak balistic sensored, with lrp sphere digital esc. Was wondering if the 25c vs 40c was gonna be durastically different. I actually recently got the sc10 setup as i bought it used from someone, but it was incredible condition for a steal and i always wanted an SC. I don't have any 2s lipos, i run 3s on my tc3.

I'd be running my sc10 alot in the backyard with mowed grass but also indoor offroad carpet track and occasionally at a dirt track.

And i know that 33 dollars for a good gens ace battery is a great price... my 3s for my tc3 i remember was like $200 back in the day lol. But i've been wanting to get a lot of new things, as now i have something that i am interested in actually going to the club with etc, so wanted to get some better tools etc etc. also i know that i need to buy new tires/wheels as mine have slicks on them atm for clay tracks. was hoping to try those slicks on carpet to see how they run , wanted some trenchers for the tall backyard grass, and most likely in the future will need another pair of tires that are better suited for the dirt track. As we all know, tires + wheels are pretty dam expensive, so saving some money on something that i won't see the difference is worth it for me, but i also didn't want to get the 25c and hate myself for it and then in a month from now buy the 40c.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:36 AM
imperviously

I know what it does. The thing is, there are somethings that sometimes are better, but not that noticible and not worth the extra bucks or double the money unless i was doing some serious racing. i do plan on racing at a club level for some fun, as rc alone is never as fun as it is with others.
i do like to win, and i do strive to get better and tweak my rc to be better. but im not here to spend things that are not needed also, so i was just wondering if it was a noticible difference between the two.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Foxy

Thanks for extra detail, I suddenly realised you had posted a brief setup in the OP, so I edited my post accordingly. In your case, I doubt it's worth the extra, you would rarely feel the difference.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:50 AM
imperviously

ahh, no problem man. So you also think i should just go for the 25c one huh lol. its like 2 for the price of one. they are both good, and i don't have to resolder for it to have deansplug . so i was like hmmm... such a good deal, but i don't want to lose out on performance and be slower than others or something just becdause i skimped out on 17$ you know.. if it was like , you will most likely not win if you use that battery. then i'd just spend the extra cash.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Foxy

I just can't see anything pulling 125A or even close in that setup, let alone 200. It's that simple. Even on full burst acceleration you won't reach peak output of a 25C 5Ah batt
Old 08-06-2012, 03:09 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

totally agree, but if u were doing speed runs different story, higher mah & C ratings generally hold there voltage better under load
Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 PM
thehuntingterminator

I've had both of those batteries and they are both great. However, the GForce pack will be plenty for your needs.