RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

Reply
Old 08-07-2012, 12:38 PM
  #1
RickBlaine
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: , GERMANY
Posts: 2
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

Hi RC fans!

After 10 years of inactivity, I want to start all over with a durable car for muddy woods, snowy hills, beaches, heavy sandpits etc. No need for super high-speed, but proper acceleration. And I dont need it to be a submarine, but a atleast waterproof for puddles, snow etc.
Driving sessions will be around 2hours (+/- 30mins), so even with the new LiPos, nitro will be my only way right? (if I am not wanting to invest 400bucks into batterys!?).

I am aware that nitros will need more maintanence than an electro equivalent. But it should be the least simple so no need to prepare the car 30+ mins before every ride out.

After a few days of research I found the HPI Bullet 3.0 models, which are close to what I was looking for (it can be a bit more pricey and real-car-look-alike tho). Also I red alot about new Traxxas Modells having waterproof servos and cases.
But ofcourse I am lacking all the 1st hand experiences if it comes to longevity, toughness etc.
And unfortunately in the town I live there is only one decent RC store, and its focused on planes n boats :/

So I hope its not to much to ask for some help better advise here

Thanks alot in advance!


Cheers!

Robert
RickBlaine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:29 PM
  #2
narwalrus
 
narwalrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 833
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

Electric is capable of that, however there are a good number of vehicles that fit that criteria. What kind of vehicle would you prefer? (Monster truck, SCT, rally car, etc.)
narwalrus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:44 PM
  #3
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,767
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

well as for waterproofing its a gimmick as the electronics might be, but the rest isn't
The metal WILL rust, and usually does it quite fast so after every run you get it wet you would have to hose it down with wd40 or some other penetrating oil, and blow out the water with a aircompressor or something.

I wouldn't worry too much about servos being waterproof unless you play submariner with it if you are really worried just put some liquid electric tape around where the plug leaves the casing, and around where the parts meet (most have 3 seams) you can also pack the gear area with grease to make it even more water tight. As for the receiver it can easily be made waterproof just slapping a traxxas waterproof box on it, or if it has a radio box just sealing it with some kind of sealant.
Some people also have taken the receivers apart, and coated it with corrosion X or liquid electrical tape (I've done the latter on an ESC, and a part I use to monitor voltages to great success)


The hongnor, and hoabo buggies might fit your bill like hongnor x1x, or hoabo hyper 7.
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:12 PM
  #4
The_Shark
 
The_Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 7,163
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

if you want continuous fun nitro is the way to go, yes you can get a field charger and $500 worth of batteries, but nitro is the better and more affordable choice (nitro isn't so daunting, lots of people ran them until they got wussified by brushless, wimps.)
1/8 nitro OFNA is going to be the best deal, most durable and most powerful nitro out there.

by the way, you can buy traxxas, futaba or hitec waterproof servo's and put the RX in a zip tied balloon, also, traxxas isn't that water proof, I have seen MANY MANY MANY with blown out ESC's from a little splash. nitro is more water resistant than electric in my opinion, as long as you don't submerge it its not going to care, and even most servo's will handle snow and little splashes, heck I ran my crappy little t-maxx in the snow with regular old servo's for a whole 2 months and the servo's worked fine till the day I sold it.

the hpi bullet is a good truck, the savage X is a great truck (XS and XL not as good) the MGT 8.0 is a killer truck.

and actually, I find nitro to be pretty simple to maintain, change the plug every gallon, shoes last 3 gallons or so (usually) and tune it within 1/4 turn once a day. Tracking down a electrical problem on a electric car usually requires replacement of a motor, esc (or both) or battery, none of them cheap, its also VERY expensive to get started for extended periods of running, and you have to give the ESC and motor a time to rest, nitro, you just fill it up and take off again.
The_Shark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:22 PM
  #5
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,767
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: The_Shark

if you want continuous fun nitro is the way to go, yes you can get a field charger and $500 worth of batteries, but nitro is the better and more affordable choice (nitro isn't so daunting, lots of people ran them until they got wussified by brushless, wimps.)
1/8 nitro OFNA is going to be the best deal, most durable and most powerful nitro out there.

by the way, you can buy traxxas, futaba or hitec waterproof servo's and put the RX in a zip tied balloon, also, traxxas isn't that water proof, I have seen MANY MANY MANY with blown out ESC's from a little splash. nitro is more water resistant than electric in my opinion, as long as you don't submerge it its not going to care, and even most servo's will handle snow and little splashes, heck I ran my crappy little t-maxx in the snow with regular old servo's for a whole 2 months and the servo's worked fine till the day I sold it.

the hpi bullet is a good truck, the savage X is a great truck (XS and XL not as good) the MGT 8.0 is a killer truck.

and actually, I find nitro to be pretty simple to maintain, change the plug every gallon, shoes last 3 gallons or so (usually) and tune it within 1/4 turn once a day. Tracking down a electrical problem on a electric car usually requires replacement of a motor, esc (or both) or battery, none of them cheap, its also VERY expensive to get started for extended periods of running, and you have to give the ESC and motor a time to rest, nitro, you just fill it up and take off again.
well he has his location set to germany why I didn't call them ofna x1x, and hyper7 as if I remember right they are sold by thair manufacturers over there
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:14 PM
  #6
The_Shark
 
The_Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 7,163
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM


Quote:
ORIGINAL: The_Shark

if you want continuous fun nitro is the way to go, yes you can get a field charger and $500 worth of batteries, but nitro is the better and more affordable choice (nitro isn't so daunting, lots of people ran them until they got wussified by brushless, wimps.)
1/8 nitro OFNA is going to be the best deal, most durable and most powerful nitro out there.

by the way, you can buy traxxas, futaba or hitec waterproof servo's and put the RX in a zip tied balloon, also, traxxas isn't that water proof, I have seen MANY MANY MANY with blown out ESC's from a little splash. nitro is more water resistant than electric in my opinion, as long as you don't submerge it its not going to care, and even most servo's will handle snow and little splashes, heck I ran my crappy little t-maxx in the snow with regular old servo's for a whole 2 months and the servo's worked fine till the day I sold it.

the hpi bullet is a good truck, the savage X is a great truck (XS and XL not as good) the MGT 8.0 is a killer truck.

and actually, I find nitro to be pretty simple to maintain, change the plug every gallon, shoes last 3 gallons or so (usually) and tune it within 1/4 turn once a day. Tracking down a electrical problem on a electric car usually requires replacement of a motor, esc (or both) or battery, none of them cheap, its also VERY expensive to get started for extended periods of running, and you have to give the ESC and motor a time to rest, nitro, you just fill it up and take off again.
well he has his location set to germany why I didn't call them ofna x1x, and hyper7 as if I remember right they are sold by thair manufacturers over there
ok then, HoBao and Hong-nor then
The_Shark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:57 PM
  #7
phmaximus
 
phmaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 6,634
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

rember nitro will only run for as long as ur reciver battery.

I dont reccomend Nitro anymore, there are just to manny old nitro die hard fans selling out. im selling off my nitro cars and there are heap of other guys doing the same. My main reson IMO nitro is messy, lacks torque, heavy, stinks but most of all its damm expensive to run!!! for the price i was paying for 2l of nitro fuel i can get a 2s 30c 5000mah lipo... and the best part when its gone its not gone. u can recharge it.... if only my old fuel bottles could do that

Lets face it, every one wants the newest technology and nitro is not that
phmaximus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:59 PM
  #8
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,767
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

rember nitro will only run for as long as ur reciver battery.

I dont reccomend Nitro anymore, there are just to manny old nitro die hard fans selling out. im selling off my nitro cars and there are heap of other guys doing the same. My main reson IMO nitro is messy, lacks torque, heavy, stinks but most of all its damm expensive to run!!! for the price i was paying for 2l of nitro fuel i can get a 2s 30c 5000mah lipo... and the best part when its gone its not gone. u can recharge it.... if only my old fuel bottles could do that

Lets face it, every one wants the newest technology and nitro is not that
no not everyone if everyone did vintage cars, and other vintage things would be 100% worthless not worth usually more than the shiny new crap that replaced it
if he wants nitro I don't see why people think its their solem duty to try and talk him out of it. I don't see when people say they want electric posts saying nitro is superior...
Neither is superior whatever brings you enjoyment, and a smile brings you enjoyment. You like electric and find it fun you can bet there are people who won't.
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:39 PM
  #9
The_Shark
 
The_Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 7,163
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

Nitro has a more usable power-band in my opinion mid-high end is perfect, not so much as to create wheel spin, but enough so the tires just hold.

my MGT 8.0 with a ported engine will give a brushless rig a run for it's money when it comes to torque. there is only so much power you can put on the ground, and I can flip it with a throttle stab at about 25mph.

however if you are spending more than $30 or $35 a gallon it will get pricy, but I can get it for $25 a gallon of 25% and only use a gallon every two months if I run moderately, that is only about $3 a week!

heavy? nooo, a savage flux weighs more than a real savage, a E-buggy weighs more than a nitro buggy, most the time nitro is lighter.

different tech for different people, I prefer a mechanical watch over a quartz one, a passive pickup over a active one, a old appliance over a new one and a classic car over a modern one.

oh yeah, and you can buy additives that make the fumes smell sweet and like fruit, candy or soda.
so yeah, cool engine noise that mimic formula 1 carts, smoke AND the scent of rootbeer at the same time

Nitro is only messy if you miss the tank or have exhaust leaks.
The_Shark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:49 PM
  #10
TheKennyKiller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: QLD, , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,747
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: The_Shark

by the way, you can buy traxxas, futaba or hitec waterproof servo's
Futaba makes waterproof servos? Tell me more.

TheKennyKiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:19 AM
  #11
phmaximus
 
phmaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 6,634
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

No no u got me all wrong, I would never talk someone out of a nitro, but I would/do recomend electric brushless. All I can do is share my experances

I would agree nitro has a more usable power band, but it just doesn't have that exciting totally over the top torque that most brushless cars have. I mean how cool are some of the standing backflip, stupid speed, crazy wheelies videos
phmaximus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:40 AM
  #12
Eman77
 
Eman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Batavia, IL
Posts: 10,314
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

Someone define "usable power band" for me.

Does this imply that some parts of the electric power band aren't usable? I'm failing to understand, since electric motors give instant torque from a standstill, and it's not like their power tapers off.



As far as the OP is concerned, he said that he was assuming Nitro is what needs. If so, that's cool. And I don't care for the nitro vs. electric argument. But I can point out to the OP that if he does seem to like electric, and runtime is his concern, the answer is this:
1) Buy 4 LiPo Batteries
2) Charge them up days in advance, or not. Your call. They'll hold the charge
3) Run them and you'll get ~2 hrs run time or more (depending on the vehicle, capacity, etc)

I'm not saying electric is the BEST for this guy. But I am saying that runtime alone should not rule it out.
Eman77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:33 AM
  #13
The_Shark
 
The_Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 7,163
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller


Quote:
ORIGINAL: The_Shark

by the way, you can buy traxxas, futaba or hitec waterproof servo's
Futaba makes waterproof servos? Tell me more.

I was going to show you, but it appears there aren't any online. maybe I was thinking about Hitec, they do make waterproof ones.
The_Shark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:28 AM
  #14
RickBlaine
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: , GERMANY
Posts: 2
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

Wow, what a massive storm of advices! thanks so much already verybody, i am still at work atm but asap when at home i will read closely. And be easy on my grammer/language skills

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Eman77
...and runtime is his concern, the answer is this:
1) Buy 4 LiPo Batteries

I'm not saying electric is the BEST for this guy. But I am saying that runtime alone should not rule it out.
Right!The lipo/nitro runtime argument is something ive been thinking about too. I have to say back in the day as a kid, I hated to be dependent from the battery over night loading cicles, just to have 10mins if driving fun. Therefor the "I want now without waiting"-nitro experience is really the advantage. Also 5l 25% nitro (~1.3gallons) cost 42euro (~51bucks). so thats 66 fillings for the hpi bullet, with 20min per filling i get 22hours of driving. the cost/drive ratio would be worth it to me to stay indipendent.

On the other side, how long can i drive with a 7,4v (2s right!?) lipo 5000 or 6000 mah, what do these cost? And how much batteries do I need to reach ~2hours driving?
RickBlaine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:44 AM
  #15
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,767
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: RickBlaine

Wow, what a massive storm of advices! thanks so much already verybody, i am still at work atm but asap when at home i will read closely. And be easy on my grammer/language skills

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Eman77
...and runtime is his concern, the answer is this:
1) Buy 4 LiPo Batteries

I'm not saying electric is the BEST for this guy. But I am saying that runtime alone should not rule it out.
Right! The lipo/nitro runtime argument is something ive been thinking about too. I have to say back in the day as a kid, I hated to be dependent from the battery over night loading cicles, just to have 10mins if driving fun. Therefor the ''I want now without waiting''-nitro experience is really the advantage. Also 5l 25% nitro (~1.3gallons) cost 42euro (~51bucks). so thats 66 fillings for the hpi bullet, with 20min per filling i get 22hours of driving. the cost/drive ratio would be worth it to me to stay indipendent.

On the other side, how long can i drive with a 7,4v (2s right!?) lipo 5000 or 6000 mah, what do these cost? And how much batteries do I need to reach ~2hours driving?
for 2 hours I'd estimate 6-9 lipos (can be anywhere from 20mins-40mins a run depending on vehicle)

but yea a small block like the bullet you can run continuously from morning to night with no issues at all
I remember my MT2 when it was my only one 75CC tank lasted me 20-25 mins so I was averaging 21 hours of run time per gallon
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:56 AM
  #16
The_Shark
 
The_Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 7,163
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

thing is with brushless, you have to give it a rest, you COULD run it nonstop for a hour or so (with 3 batteries) but the motor and esc should have a break in-between, or you risk putting it in thermal shutdown. my pan car can go almost 50 minutes on one battery, but if I don't give it a break after 30 or so, it starts to go "thermal" and loses performance or shuts down until it cools.

that hpi bullet is small enough and light enough that a gallon of gas will last you possibly 13mins per tank, and I think that could net you about 10.7 hours of runtime per gallon.

a heavy 4wd brushless car can eat a 5000mah battery under 20 minutes and a proper charge will take 1 hour, less if you fast charge it (and decrease it's life), and unless you go the generic route a 5000mah lipo will cost you $50- $100.

the price you pay for fuel isn't so bad, it would cost me about $40 and I get fuel on the cheap by me
The_Shark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:50 AM
  #17
Eman77
 
Eman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Batavia, IL
Posts: 10,314
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

Ah, wasn't thinking about the Bullet being a bit big. For me, a 5000 mAh 2s LiPo on some of my 1/10 buggies lasts seemingly forever (I get bored after 1/2 hour, and it's got a lot left). True, your runtime will drop with the bigger/heavier/faster setups.
Eman77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:26 PM
  #18
phmaximus
 
phmaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 6,634
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

U guys are under the impression that a nirto can run as long as it has fuel, well thats incorrect. It aint gonna move very far with a flat receiver battery.
So nitro's are not a instant ready to go setup u still need to charge the battery & charge it before every use

Dont know about u guys but im lucky to get 2 hours out of my reciver batterys, I get about 1 hour

Here is the sucky part, If u have a 1200mah battery for the receiver and charge it at 1.2a its still going to take 1.2 hours to charge
IMO its safe to say that the avarage nitro car, runs for the same time as it takes to charge it.

what about charging a lipo u say... well here we go

say i have a 2s 30c 5000mah 1c charge rate, if I charge it at 5a it will be fully charged in 1.2 hours (80min)....
but if i have a 2s 30c 5000mah 5c charge rate, it will be charge in 14min!!!!!!

So in short the fastest u can get a nitro running is going to be 80min no matter the size of the battery providing u charge at the reccomended 1c
in that time that u have charged ur receiver battery, u could of charged 5 lipos.
Now those 5 lipos are going to have enough run time that i dare say u will get sick of it before all 5 go flat.


just rember,
Nitro 80min prep time
Electric 14min prep time
phmaximus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:32 PM
  #19
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,767
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

U guys are under the impression that a nirto can run as long as it has fuel, well thats incorrect. It aint gonna move very far with a flat receiver battery.
So nitro's are not a instant ready to go setup u still need to charge the battery & charge it before every use

Dont know about u guys but im lucky to get 2 hours out of my reciver batterys, I get about 1 hour

Here is the sucky part, If u have a 1200mah battery for the receiver and charge it at 1.2a its still going to take 1.2 hours to charge
IMO its safe to say that the avarage nitro car, runs for the same time as it takes to charge it.

what about charging a lipo u say... well here we go

say i have a 2s 30c 5000mah 1c charge rate, if I charge it at 5a it will be fully charged in 1.2 hours (80min)....
but if i have a 2s 30c 5000mah 5c charge rate, it will be charge in 14min!!!!!!

So in short the fastest u can get a nitro running is going to be 80min no matter the size of the battery providing u charge at the reccomended 1c
in that time that u have charged ur receiver battery, u could of charged 5 lipos.
Now those 5 lipos are going to have enough run time that i dare say u will get sick of it before all 5 go flat.


just rember,
Nitro 80min prep time
Electric 14min prep time
I've gotten 5 hours out of 4 AA's in my MT2 which is about the same size as the bullet. Actually they corroded since I haven't driven it since.
so if you use AA's yes it is pick up and drive
and a D-cell glowplug warmer
lets see about 2 min prep time to put the batteries in, and fill the tank. Or just flip the switch if they are in, and fill the tank which is like 30 seconds.


also a charger that can charge at 25Amps is not cheap he could prolly buy 10 gallons of nitro for that cost and have 5 months of non stop running 24 hours a day 7 days a week
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:42 PM
  #20
Eman77
 
Eman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Batavia, IL
Posts: 10,314
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

Gentlemen,

I think the obvious solution for the OP here is to buy 4 separate RC vehicles, each with their own Tx/Rx/batteries, etc. That will solve everything!
Eman77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:19 PM
  #21
cheeseclip
 
cheeseclip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Napier, NEW ZEALAND
Posts: 714
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

I find the charge times for the rx battery in my nitro to be irrellevant as I just charge them the night before so im going as soon as i put fuel in it.
cheeseclip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 PM
  #22
The_Shark
 
The_Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 7,163
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

I run AA's in most my just for fun nitro's and I can down a gallon with only 8 AA's that cost $2.00 at Aldi
The_Shark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:42 PM
  #23
phmaximus
 
phmaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 6,634
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

Dammm it, Forgot about the AA batteries....[&:]

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Eman77

Gentlemen,

I think the obvious solution for the OP here is to buy 4 separate RC vehicles, each with their own Tx/Rx/batteries, etc. That will solve everything!
I think u are onto something there...


Hey there is one car that would fit the OP needs....
HPI baja clone like the King Motors one... only problem its huge and twice the price of the bullet...
I have noting bad to say about Gas cars...
phmaximus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:43 PM
  #24
TheKennyKiller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: QLD, , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,747
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

but if i have a 2s 30c 5000mah 5c charge rate, it will be charge in 14min!!!!!!
5C charge rate on a 30C battery? Are you talking about one of those nano techs or something? Not many people have a charger that will enable them to charge at 20A.
TheKennyKiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:39 AM
  #25
phmaximus
 
phmaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 6,634
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Durable, waterproof, tough bashers. Alternatives?

Yep that's the one, yeah I know, im just giving the op more information on what's possible.

There some very exciting developments in brushless and lipo technology over the past few years, and the cost is the best it's ever been.
Most guys in the know, know about them, but most people don't
phmaximus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:21 AM.