Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Turnbuckle Tips

Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turnbuckle Tips

Anyone out there have any tips on making turnbuckles last? My savage keeps losing them and i'm really getting sick of buying more. I don't do any hard bashing like jumps and such but keep having my turnbuckles coming off.

Any tips would be greatlyappreciated.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Turnbuckle Tips

buy the RPM rod ends
the HPI turnbuckles I found to be garbage. The rod ends seem to be made out of too soft of a material and strip out easy.

On my savage I got so sick of the rear turn buckles popping out every 3 mins I got the Integy HD rear hub carriers (yes I said integy)
Old 08-28-2012, 10:43 AM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

I'll look into changing them out. The stock ones on my Bullet MT and ST hold up great I just keep having this issue with the savage.

Thanks for the suggestion
Old 08-28-2012, 10:46 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: xDIRTYSOUTHx

I'll look into changing them out. The stock ones on my Bullet MT and ST hold up great I just keep having this issue with the savage.

Thanks for the suggestion
hmm I had the same issue with turnbukcles on my MT2

weird thing the issue was only on my flux, my Savage X never had an issue.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:41 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Get some washers and install them on the bolts that hold the ends on, this will prevent stretched/worn turnbuckle ends from popping off.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

allso put a dabof grease on the thread, keeps moisture out and makes them easier to adjust
Old 08-30-2012, 06:22 AM
DieHarder

fill the turnbuckle end screw whole with jb weld and drill a new whole. that oughta hold.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:28 AM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

ORIGINAL: BurningEvader1458

fill the turnbuckle end screw whole with jb weld and drill a new whole. that oughta hold.

haha.. You can fix ANYTHING with a little JB!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:23 AM
FahrtAutoRC

The funny thing is, those style turnbuckles, and that washer fix, are exactly what I've been searching for for my old ladys Blitz, those ball cups are horrible! Even when new they popped off regularly, ditching a driveshaft in the process, and with a brand new set straight from HPI, they still do it [&:]
Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

The funny thing is, those style turnbuckles, and that washer fix, are exactly what I've been searching for for my old ladys Blitz, those ball cups are horrible! Even when new they popped off regularly, ditching a driveshaft in the process, and with a brand new set straight from HPI, they still do it [&:]
why I said HPI's are horrible lol
My MT2 lost at least 3 dogbones that way then I started painting them bright colors so I could locate them easier.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:43 AM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM
My MT2 lost at least 3 dogbones that way then I started painting them bright colors so I could locate them easier.
Aint that the effing truth. I'm over here thinking I should get some 20lbs fishing line and tie the f**kers to the bumper or something. The bright color paint is a good idea but would hate to have to do that because I know it will look like s**t.

The ball cups are just way to weak to hold up after the smallest crash. I need to do something soon and make sure it's done right because I'm sick of searching for them all the time.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:11 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: xDIRTYSOUTHx

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM
Aint that the effing truth. I'm over here thinking I should get some 20lbs fishing line and tie the f**kers to the bumper or something. The bright color paint is a good idea but would hate to have to do that because I know it will look like s**t.

The ball cups are just way to weak to hold up after the smallest crash. I need to do something soon and make sure it's done right because I'm sick of searching for them all the time.

well either get the rpm ball ends or ditch the HPI way and get the traxxas ones you screw on TRA5349
those are the balls that have the screws going through the middle