Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

i know what i'm looking for, but at the same time i don't, plz help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

i know what i'm looking for, but at the same time i don't, plz help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Nitro Pop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i know what i'm looking for, but at the same time i don't, plz help

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Xray XB9 if nitro, XB808e if electric.
alright, THE ABSOLUTE LAST QUESTION, budget aside, what is THE MOST DURABLE electric 1/8 buggy newer than 2008 that hobbytownUSA stocks parts for?

Old 08-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The most durable car (not buggy though) that hobby town has at least 'some' parts for, is the Thunder Tiger MT4 G3. They don't seem to stock the actual model though, which isn't surprising considering we're waiting for the updated re-release. It's a monster truck by the way, based on a very good truggy, the old ST-1. The MT4 is a truly great car and if they can get hold of one for you, I would say definitely get it.

Failing that...I guess it would have to be the LX2e or the Nexx8 roller. They also carry the Losi stuff, but I'm not sure if the Losi 8ight represents the kind of value for money you're looking for. It's an expensive kit, but it's not exactly famous for its durability, great car on a track though...The HPI Vorza is a tough car, but it's too expensive by about 40% (what were HPI thinking??)...Hobbytown isn't exactly stocking a wide selection of good electric buggies I'm afraid, though it has a couple that represent good value and great durability.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and tell you to get the Nexx8, I have no personal experience with that exact car, but general experience with OFNA's great durability, plus reviews and commentary from other experienced hobbyists whose opinions I trust, give me confidence in making the recommendation.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:22 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

The most durable car (not buggy though) that hobby town has at least 'some' parts for, is the Thunder Tiger MT4 G3. They don't seem to stock the actual model though, which isn't surprising considering we're waiting for the updated re-release. It's a monster truck by the way, based on a very good truggy, the old ST-1. The MT4 is a truly great car and if they can get hold of one for you, I would say definitely get it.

Failing that...I guess it would have to be the LX2e or the Nexx8 roller. They also carry the Losi stuff, but I'm not sure if the Losi 8ight represents the kind of value for money you're looking for. It's an expensive kit, but it's not exactly famous for its durability, great car on a track though...The HPI Vorza is a tough car, but it's too expensive by about 40% (what were HPI thinking??)...Hobbytown isn't exactly stocking a wide selection of good electric buggies I'm afraid, though it has a couple that represent good value and great durability.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and tell you to get the Nexx8, I have no personal experience with that exact car, but general experience with OFNA's great durability, plus reviews and commentary from other experienced hobbyists whose opinions I trust, give me confidence in making the recommendation.
only problem I read with the Nexx 8 is the motor can size it needs(I forgot what size it needs). Outside that it got great reviews
there are a few reviews on youtube that show it off
Old 08-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Foxy

You're right Syco, I forgot about that, as long as a 1515 fits, which I assume it does?

They also have the DEX408, but I've not heard anything about it. Looks like an amazing car, but it's very expensive, so I'd want to be sure it was worth it.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:48 PM
celica49

Heres a question I dont think has been asked, what are you looking to do with it? Race? Bash? Combination of the 2? What about looking at a HPI Savage flux? If youre looking just to bash around, thats not a bad option. Retarded fast, and really the epitome of a tough bashing R/C
Old 08-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Foxy

It's a 600 buck car that needs another 100 bucks to be reliable, I can't really recommend it to anyone except those with an appetite for modifying and a fat wallet. If I were to recommend a monster truck, I woudl say scour the net for one of the few MT4 G3s that are still around. It makes the Savage flux look expensive, wobbly, fragile and problematic. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the Flux, I have one with $1000 bucks in it and I love it, but I wouldn;t love it so much if I hadn't spent that extra money on it. I know if I got an MT4, the Savage would become a shelf queen. I;m eagerly awaiting its re-release to see what they've changed.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Nitro Pop

thanks for all the help guys, my first buggy's gonna be the LX2E second will be the X-Ray Xb808e, this thread is now closeable
Old 08-30-2012, 03:54 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Nitro Pop

thanks for all the help guys, my first buggy's gonna be the LX2E second will be the X-Ray Xb808e, this thread is now closeable
why bother somebody will resurrect it in 5 years and tell us were so stupid for recommending that dinosaur and how the new Losi XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL NT259 is the best buggy on the market
Old 08-30-2012, 10:31 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure it it has been linked but theres this thats new http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...ed/ascd19.html
Old 08-30-2012, 10:35 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

why bother somebody will resurrect it in 5 years and tell us were so stupid for recommending that dinosaur and how the new Losi XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL NT259 is the best buggy on the market
I sooo gots it on perorderz!