Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I love a good deal

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I love a good deal

so, awhile back I bought an exceed electric buggy off ebay.
It was "as is". I had the guy test the electronics. He had a traxxas vxl system on it. The esc LED blinked but didnt work otherwise. He said he tested the motor and it worked.
Now, a good vxl motor is worth $35 easy. So for the price he wanted I figured it was worth a shoot.

I own a redcat tornado epx pro, which is basically the same chassis as the exceed buggy. So, plenty of spare parts for my tornado.

A good venom 4000mah 2s lipo pack was also included.

When I got the package I tested the ESC, hoping it was his radio that was bad or that he didnt know how to program it. But it was no good.

I sent it into traxxas a week or so ago. Just got an email today, saying they tested it and that it had overheated. They "Replaced speed control as a one time only courtesy."

Sometimes we give traxxas some grief cause they re-use parts on "new" models and such. But they have possibly the best CS out there, as they should.

End of story, I paid $60 shipped for the buggy. So for $65 ($5 to ship the esc to traxxas) I got a working VXL system and a full partz chassis for my tornado, as well as a 2s lipo pack.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:57 PM
futureboy1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I love a good deal

I love a story with a happy ending... That's awesome man. Good for u. I've had a few good stories, like that myself.
with Traxxas, Spectrum, Castle, and Axial.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:51 PM
bronco25ton
My Feedback: (-2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I love a good deal

Damn good deal....congrats!