Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Thanks foxy, new MT4

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 01:50 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks foxy, new MT4

I just want to thank foxy for helping me decide on what RC car to get. He gave expert advice which helped in my decision greatly. I went to the LHS today to get a Thunder Tiger MT4. They had it for $545 and the Savox 1256tg for $95. They gave me $600 for them both, which was very nice of them. I charged up my 4s, installed the upgrade servo and the wheelie bar and man, what a blast. It has so much power, its just explosive! Compared to my 1/10 brushless buggy I used to have, this feels way more powerful. I'm not used to 1/8's so it looked like a gokart or quad bike going past me. It wheelies on command and the radio is pretty nice. This is just huge, the tires measure at 6 inches tal and 3 inches wide. It weighs over 4kg at least, 3 times as heavy as what I'm used to. The Savox servo provided plenty of steering, haven't tried the stock one yet. I only drove it for 5 minutes as it was very dark. Tommorow I might take it to the park. My LHS got 4 mt4's in the morning and I bought the last one at 4pm, mine was on display and he said he just put it there, lol. He also stocks most of the parts and can order them real quick (3 day quick) if he doesn't have any. This is the perfect truck for me, 10/10

edit: here are pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44515.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1803131   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36774.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1803132   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28319.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1803133  
Old 09-20-2012, 03:24 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Thanks foxy, new MT4

Awesome, I'm so glad you're happy with it.

550 bucks is just amazing for what you get, a real 1/8th purpose designed electric truggy (not converted), dressed up like a monster, with 6S ready electrics. No other deal like it out there. Perhaps no suprise when you consider that the car that it is based on and shares many parts with still (the Thunder Tiger ST-1 nitro truggy), was also the single best value RC on the market until it was discontinued.

Looking forward to seeing some video
Old 09-20-2012, 05:54 AM
pcarluvr

Any noticeable upgrades from those pics? Isn't that why they stopped the model to do?
Old 09-20-2012, 06:17 AM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MT4 G3: you will be mine - oh yes, you will be mine. Someday.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:57 AM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way foxy... you know they make (Or are going to make) an electric MT4 Truggy, right?
The ST4-G3:

Old 09-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Foxy

Yeh, but with 4S electrics apparently. [:'(]
Old 09-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Haddi Taha

The st4 g3 has plastic bodied shocks, thinner shock towers and the 4s capable esc. Don't mind the esc much just whats with the plastic shocks and thinner shock towers. Today I gave it a spin but the wheel flew off, The pin came out but the wheel not remained on the wheel, pretty weird. I will have to head to the lhs before I can make a video, luckily he is only 10 minutes away. Other than that, I think this truely is a great truck, If I was to get a e-revo or savage instead, I will have over $300 left over for other things like servos, batteries, body shells ect
Old 09-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Foxy

Probably just that the grub screws that hold the pins weren't loctited. If the big hex nut comes off in the future while running, loctite that too.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Haddi Taha

I applied lock tight to both the wheel nut and grub screws, now those a good. Next the CVD's kept popping out, I found that the actual camber links were 6mm to long, so I adjusted those and now the CVD's stay in the cups. Seems to be the normal problems you get in RTR's but no broken parts or anything after 4 runs. I also picked up a ST1-Pro Truggy Body today cheap (It looks old school) and I have black, yellow and silver spray paint so I am going to paint that when I have the time. I haven't done anything crazy yet (Not enough space in front of my house) so when I go to the park I will take some vids.

EDIT: Forgoy to say, no upgrades as from what I can see other than the Radio System.