Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Any injuries that have stoped u playing?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Any injuries that have stoped u playing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:40 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Any injuries that have stoped u playing?

hey guys, have u guys ever done a injury that has stopped u playing with ur rc cars?

3 days ago I was helping a mate demolish a wall and thought it would be a good idea to punch a hole through it.... well it wasnt

with all my luck I managed to hit the wooden frame, Didnt even mark the gyprock... But.... my hand is a different story
after a few xrays and 4h at the hospital nothing is broken just soft tissue damage and a sprained wrist, Its swelled up nearly twice the size it should be and constant shooting pains going up my rist. i cant hold anything with it or even roll a smoke!!!

But yeah, its sending me nuts, ive got all this free time and i cant play or work on my rc cars. i cant even hold the controller, It sucks its taken me ages just to write this....
Old 09-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Any injuries that have stoped u playing?

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

hey guys, have u guys ever done a injury that has stopped u playing with ur rc cars?

3 days ago I was helping a mate demolish a wall and thought it would be a good idea to punch a hole through it.... well it wasnt

with all my luck I managed to hit the wooden frame, Didnt even mark the gyprock... But.... my hand is a different story
after a few xrays and 4h at the hospital nothing is broken just soft tissue damage and a sprained wrist, Its swelled up nearly twice the size it should be and constant shooting pains going up my rist. i cant hold anything with it or even roll a smoke!!!

But yeah, its sending me nuts, ive got all this free time and i cant play or work on my rc cars. i cant even hold the controller, It sucks its taken me ages just to write this....
Man that sucks, i hope you feel better soon

Was it the right or left hand? Cause I learnt how to control my Radio with my left hand only, not as much control but its good enough to get your rc fix. I used my left thumb t do the steering

Old 09-30-2012, 04:55 PM
phmaximus

it was my right hand [&o]

oh man, cheerz I totally forgot about driving like that, with any luck ill be back in action within the week...
Old 09-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

it was my right hand [&o]

oh man, cheerz I totally forgot about driving like that, with any luck ill be back in action within the week...
I remember once I hurt my hand while playing Soccer (someone thought my hand was a ball) and couldn't use my right hand for a week. I put a 2s lipo instead of the usual 3s in my buggy and learnt to drive with my left hand. Its actually not that bad just don't do jumps and high risk stuff. I hope you hands better soon man, I know how you feel

Old 09-30-2012, 05:03 PM
JohnP2

I'm sorry to hear about that,. Not being able to drive is one thing, but not even being able to work on them has to really suck.

When I read the subject line, I thought you were inquiring about injuries that occured within "the hobby". A few months ago, I ran my Hyper 7 into my ankle. It was only going about 15 mph, but YOWZA that hurt! My worst injury due to "the hobby" was when I cut my finger open on the flywheel of my Exceed Forza. I was jacking around with it whilst the car was running, and the next thing I knew blood was spurting everywhere. Lesson learned!

Here's to a speedy recovery. On the bright side, just think how much fun it will be after a bit of a lay-off,. ;-)

Old 09-30-2012, 07:06 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

I'm sorry to hear about that,. Not being able to drive is one thing, but not even being able to work on them has to really suck.

When I read the subject line, I thought you were inquiring about injuries that occured within ''the hobby''. A few months ago, I ran my Hyper 7 into my ankle. It was only going about 15 mph, but YOWZA that hurt! My worst injury due to ''the hobby'' was when I cut my finger open on the flywheel of my Exceed Forza. I was jacking around with it whilst the car was running, and the next thing I knew blood was spurting everywhere. Lesson learned!

Here's to a speedy recovery. On the bright side, just think how much fun it will be after a bit of a lay-off,. ;-)

hey if we go into injury's do to the hobby
I ripped a quite a few layers( of skin off my right arm/hand (right at the wrist), and knuckle a few months back when I was calibrating my pede 4X4, and mixed up the throttle settings order. Its still not colored right where the skin was ripped off dut to that it looks like I got some kind of skin disease to people who don't know. Took a week+ to heal due to every movement ripping it.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

When I read the subject line, I thought you were inquiring about injuries that occured within ''the hobby''. A few months ago, I ran my Hyper 7 into my ankle. It was only going about 15 mph, but YOWZA that hurt! My worst injury due to ''the hobby'' was when I cut my finger open on the flywheel of my Exceed Forza. I was jacking around with it whilst the car was running, and the next thing I knew blood was spurting everywhere. Lesson learned!

Here's to a speedy recovery.On the bright side, just think how much fun it will be after a bit of a lay-off,. ;-)

hey if we go into injury's do to the hobby
I ripped a quite a few layers( of skin off my right arm/hand (right at the wrist), and knuckle a few months back when I was calibrating my pede 4X4, and mixed up the throttle settings order. Its still not colored right where the skin was ripped off dut to that it looks like I got some kind of skin disease to people who don't know. Took a week+ to heal due to every movement ripping it.
wow, that sounds incredibly painful . Once I didn't calibrate my buggy properly and I had it facing me on the bench. When I turned it on it drove right into me and I threw it off as if it was a giant cockroach. Since then I always put my rc on something to get the wheels off the ground when calibrating.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:23 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Last race I entered, while packing up all my gear at home and doing some minor wrenching the morning of, I threw out my lower back.. Bad disc or something. Very painful.. Anyway, it was the only local race of the year, so I really wanted to go. Plus I wanted to justify the existence of my new buggy, which had just been sitting around for six months..

I could barely walk.. Managed to get all my stuff there late on Sat, for the second of five qualifiers.. (three more on Sunday am) Pain everywhere.. Buggy handled awfully..(Argus ran great though..). Anyway, practically with tears in my eyes from the pain, I had to make the call.. So I packed everything up and went home. End of race weekend, after one five-minute qualifier. (and €18 for the entrance fee.. )
Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 AM
phmaximus

Ouch man, Hey good on ya for trying tho.
Would of been hard to concentrate with that level of pain
Old 10-04-2012, 01:53 PM
tuff1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good vibes your way for speedy recovery phmaximus!!!

Old 10-04-2012, 02:02 PM
phmaximus

cheerz guys, u care more than my wife does, lol
Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cause we know more than your wife in how much it hurts not to be able to play with your toys
Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 PM
phmaximus

Lol.... So true
Old 10-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Ttowntoolman

Dude, that sucks! I really pulled a good one two days before race day......I was cuttin some trees down for fire wood and all was going well. I was actually cleaning up the brush pile so I figured the danger level was now low. I was pulling a pile of sticks toward me and all of a sudden WAM right in the freekin eye ball! A branch that was bent came free and unloaded right into my eye with enough force to take me off my feet! SHARP STICK IN EYE!! Had to go to the eye doc. and he put a contact over the tear in my eye. It sucked, but I did make it racing two days after.....[:@] I sucked though..........
Old 10-06-2012, 03:08 AM
phmaximus

Damm bro, that's lucky u dident loose a eye. That would be so hard racing with no depth perception
Old 10-06-2012, 03:23 AM
Ttowntoolman

It was hard, and I now have tri focal glasses because of the damage. My vision has totally changed in that eye. I dont always see a wreck in front of me on the track.....sucks.....dont always see a car and cant judge the closing rate well and run people strait in the rear on the track. [:'(] I guess getting older upper 40's aint helping the eyes either.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:58 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

The only injury I've incurred from an RC car was getting smoked in the ankle by one of my LST2's. I was a second too late jumping out of the way. The worse injury I've incurred was from one of my RC airboats. Getting nailed by a prop when the prop kicked back while hand flipping hurts like hell. Leather gloves work much better for hand flipping I've learned.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:58 PM
turok007

many years ago i replaced a tamiya drive shaft hex screw with a screw that was to long & sharp. and i ended up cutting the end of my finger off. also about 3 months ago i was setting up a 1/8th brushless beast. and it took off up my arm and hit my hand. i still have tire marks/scars on my arm. and i have lost most of the use in my thumb.