Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

MT4 No throttle

I just installed a new mamba max pro sct on my Losi ten SCTE., also put in a new Airtronics MT4. Now, the problem is that when I press for throttle nothing happens, steering works but no throttle. I spent about two hours with a rep from Airtronics but could not get the thing to work properly. I've read about calibrating the esc but I have no idea on how to do it. Any help will be appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: MT4 No throttle

the esc should have come with calibrating instructions. when you pull the trigger, do you hear any noise or see any lights on the esc light up? also have you made sure that the esc is plugged into the right channel? i know i've plugged it in the wrong channel before, and all i have are 2 channel radios and finally, is the esc switched on? again, been there done that.
    HELP! IM STUCK ON AN ESCALATOR!

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To calibrate a mamba max pro, turn on the radio and hold down the throttle trigger. Now turn the esc on while still holding the throttle. The ESC will beep and then flash, wait til it's finished beeping and move the trigger forward to full brake. The ESC will beep a few times again. Now leave the throttle in neutral, the ESC will beep again after a couple of seconds, then it will reset and arm. You should be good to go.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the response guys. Foxy, I followed your instructions and it worked. I you forward movement but no reverse

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds like you might have waited too long between full throttle (starting position) and reverse (trigger full forward). Try the calibration again, this time, be very positive when going from throttle to reverse, do it quickly, don't stop in the middle and hold it until the ESC is waiting for neutral. If you do that and still have no reverse, then maybe it is a settings problem, in which case, you should get a castle link and connect it to a PC so you can see/change the settings.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator