Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying A Kit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Buying A Kit

ORIGINAL: CJerps

I think its decided!! I'll go with the ta-05v2! One other question though is with the ta05 how is it for hop-ups/customization like motors and other parts?? The only thing thats stopping me is the customization level of the tt-01 just so many things you can do but if the ta-05 is almost on the same level i will definatley go with that.
    I don't really understand what you meant with the bold/underline. The ta05v.2 has just as many customization options but its already in great form to start with. There is a limit to how much you can upgrade and rc and the tt01e's highest level is lower than the ta05v.2 lowest level (in terms of handling and race abiltiy). Don't bother with the tt01e (entry level car) if you want a mid level touring car like the ta05v.2. Check out the Tamiya Ta06 too, its tamiya's latest mid level touring car. If you want to get the ta05v.2, you should upgrade the diff halves to aluminium as the stock plastic pieces are weak or get the optional gear diffs for it instead.

Thunder Tiger MT4 G3- Tamiya TA06 Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey yea basically all i meant by that is do i have as many customization options with the ta05v2 compared to the tt01 (heard its one of the best for hop ups etc) and thats why i asked. but thank you very much i will probably go with the ta05v2 its the lamborghini trofeo model one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You might find you would be better off going to a local hobby shop unless you already know people that can help.  I don't know what's in Port Moody or Vancouver but there is a Hobbytown USA in Bellingham.  The local shop can also turn you on to other people in the area.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey yea basically all i meant by that is do i have as many customization options with the ta05v2 compared to the tt01 (heard its one of the best for hop ups etc) and thats why i asked. but thank you very much i will probably go with the ta05v2 its the lamborghini trofeo model one.
    Yes you have lots of customization options for the ta05v.2. the tt01 is considered best in terms of putting as much as blue aluminiun on your car for the least amount of money which doesn't help handling or durabilty (creates more problems when you buy aluminium parts that should be plastic like suspension arms). The Ta05v2 on the other hand has many performance upgrades which can elevate your cars performance greatly and this car can handle alot more power than the tt01. The lambo body shell looks great, have fun

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So i put together my Ta-05v2 Lambo...and there are no blue anodized parts like it shows in the pictures. I think there was one blue piece and that was it. Anyone with the same kit that happens to know why?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So i put together my Ta-05v2 Lambo...and there are no blue anodized parts like it shows in the pictures. I think there was one blue piece and that was it. Anyone with the same kit that happens to know why?
    Looking at the lambo kit page no where does it say it comes with aluminum. it says there are a wide variety of parts available and lists aluminum
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ya i noticed that! it seems strange to me the same chassis same everything but different parts. Now that i have it all put together, What type of electronics should i get (motors servos batteries etc) cuz i have noooo idea about any of that stuff!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ya i noticed that! it seems strange to me the same chassis same everything but different parts. Now that i have it all put together, What type of electronics should i get (motors servos batteries etc) cuz i have noooo idea about any of that stuff!!
    were you looking at pictures of the tamiya ta05v.2r instead because thats got 20 hop ups i think

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

depends on what type of running you'll be doing. from the little reading i've done, for drifting you'll want something on the comparatively slower side until you get the hang of it, whereas you'll want a bit more speed for more grip-based running. if you'll be doing a bit of both, i'd look around the 3000kv mark as that's strong enough to break traction while leaving enough speed for some parking lot racing. it'll still be slow in comparison to other tc's but it'll be plenty zippy for a first rc. for batteries, id get a gens ace 2s lipo from hobbypartz, they're cheap but comparable in power and quality to some of the higher dollar batteries. servo, everyone has their preferences. i favor futaba as they have been in the industry for almost as long as there was an industry to be in and they are one of the biggest Independent companies around. same goes for radios. as for specific models to get, i'll let the more experienced people who have actually owned a drifter give you advice on sevos and motor/esc selection, but i can help with the other 3

radio:
    my preference http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZZD1&P=0
    budget frendly option http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3c-3ch-radio-lcd.html not the one i was going to link, but the one i was going to is sold out currently and this one is still about half the price of the other one i linked.

battery:
    my preference http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-50c-50...case-2222.html or http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...-hardcase.html difference is one comes with a lead and the other doesnt. i like these because they are the most universal batteries available. all you need to do to change the connector is buy a pigtail (a connector with wires pre-attached) and add 4mm male bullets to the end. i simply soldered 4mm male bullets to me esc.
    alternative http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...se-direct.html still requires soldering, but far less chance of plugging them in backwards (been there, done that)

charger: http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html no need for alternatives, it's the best charger for the price bar none. you can buy the same charger with pro tek written on it for $55 and with HPI on it for $90. this is the original version. get this charger regardless of what batteries you get, it charges them all.
    HELP! IM STUCK ON AN ESCALATOR!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12