Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Starter Box concern with LIPO Battery - Need advice?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Starter Box concern with LIPO Battery - Need advice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:36 PM
nazUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter Box concern with LIPO Battery - Need advice?

Hi

I have a Kyosho Multi Starter Box Pro 2.0 (KYO36209) and I've just purchased a Lipo Battery which is a Turnigy 5000mAh 4S1P 14.8v 20C.
My concern is when I connect the wires which also look visually thinner than the Lipo wires seem to get warm maybe hot as I did not test long enough to find out, also another thing I noticed were small sparks coming from motor and one of the connections. My worry is is this normal or should I use precautions?

Thanks and I have added a picture with arrows, red arrows indicate which wire's go warm and yellow arrow's indicate where spark's are coming from.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82564.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1809490  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Starter Box concern with LIPO Battery - Need advice?

brushed motors spark. Its normal. Sparks are also normal when you make connections as I'm guessing happens where that one happens on the side as that looks like a giant push switch

The wires should be fine cause lets face it you don't need to leave it on long periods of time to start a nitro.

Only thing is make sure you disconnect that battery meter when not in use as I'm sure you know