Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Buying Used Lipo's

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buying Used Lipo's

I have an opportunity to bid on a thunder tiger eb4 g3 rtr (used once) with a IMAX BAC6 Charger and Venom 4s 5000mah 35C Lipo (black case, red sticker).

Considering that the eb4 is $400 at my lhs, and this is $300, free shipping and no bids yet, how much would you pay for it? The main sellign point is the lipo and charger, but is it worth buying it over a new one for a used lipo?

What are your experiences with used lipos? Would you factor in the used lipo included when purchasing a package off fleabay?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Buying Used Lipo's

Used lipos are a total lottery, you can only take the seller's word that it balances properly (4.2 to 4.18 per cell). There won't be much you can do if you find it has a dud cell later.

The price is good, no doubt, for a nearly new car even if it didn't have that battery (which is a good battery if its in good condition), I would pay the asking price of $300. If I was you I would ask the guy to give it to you without the battery for $250, that would be a total steal, I doubt he will agree, but its worth a try.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Used lipos are a total lottery, you can only take the seller's word that it balances properly (4.2 to 4.18 per cell). There won't be much you can do if you find it has a dud cell later.

The price is good, no doubt, for a nearly new car even if it didn't have that battery (which is a good battery if its in good condition), I would pay the asking price of $300. If I was you I would ask the guy to give it to you without the battery for $250, that would be a total steal, I doubt he will agree, but its worth a try.
Thanks foxy. I was going to get the eb4 new sometime but as this came up and the the new car shine only lasts until you run it I am still contemplating getting it.

I can make good use of that charger as it will half my charging times.

If the battery works then thats a bonus. if no big deal as I would of already saved $100 off the buggy and charger.

I will ask him for how much without the battery, worth a try.

So far I am hugely impressed with the mt4 so I don't mind having its smaller brother

Old 10-20-2012, 11:32 PM
robausti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be wary of used lipo. Reason being I have had bad used lipo batteries with various issues, broken balance charge harness, cracked hard case, even had a 2C that had a bad cell and would not balance.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: robausti

I would be wary of used lipo. Reason being I have had bad used lipo batteries with various issues, broken balance charge harness, cracked hard case, even had a 2C that had a bad cell and would not balance.
I am going to test it when I get it. I hope its good, if not then we can have some fun with it