Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Traxxas Critics opinion please

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

At least Tamiya has models to cater for everyone, the noobs, the bashers the club racers and the high end pro racers.*

I have never had issues with tamiya diff out drives stripping.*

It seems experiences with rc vehicles diff vastly (whether its traxxas, tamiya or whatever).*

Sorry I couldn't resist to post again
    kinda exactly what I was getting at, but there were a few turds made that every one that posted on the particular model (on pretty much every board I seen) had almost the same exact experience with (Brama 10b is one such RC for example)
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea, seams everyones experiance is different. Seems a contrast thing, you dont know what you dont know because it is all you have ever had.

I dont have real high end stuff either on the grand scale of expense. All my stuff is for racing though and I race oval not off road so bashing is not really an option. Yea all my stuff is DURATRAX. Thats the brand I prefere....NOT! Ironically the first hobby grade I had was a Nitro Evader. It was a learning experiance mang.
    I have a Kingheads Ofna latemodel, a dirt oval pro ofna, a Dynotec sprint car, a couple of speedies oval associated GTs, one EDM and other outlaw truck class. I have a T3 truck speedies conversion, and a B3 latemodel conversion. I got a Klien sprint now shelf queen. I have a couple a TC3 latemodel conversions also.
    For bashing I have a Savage, and I have a Hyper 7 and a stupid piece of junk Firehammer that just sits on the top shelf where it dont break or piss me off. I have a couple of nitro evaders that kind of get the same treatment, one is converted to electric, still sucks though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ttowntoolman

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Well this thread was good for a laugh.

One star please.

Traxxas owner?
    What of it?

On the sliders (axles, driveshafts or whatever you want to call them) I have never had a problem with my BL E-Revo and I know another member here who is the same. I like to think I bash reasonably hard, I have recent pics in the BL E-Revo thread if you want to see. I did break a dog bone but the gearing I had at the time was a little crazy/stupid.

Sorry for sharing my opinions, you know being that I'm not a hater and all.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What's funny is that once someone says they've never had a problem with these so-called "problematic" Traxxas parts, all sorts of exceptions are thrown: My two wheel drive pede never shredded a slider shaft - "Well that's because it's 2wd." Another guy's Nitro Revo never shredded a shaft - "Oh that's because brushless is more powerful."

A thread like this is stupid. It's obvious Traxxas has their place. If you don't like Traxxas, don't buy their stuff. Nobody is being "dooped" into buying Traxxas vehicles. If you drive like an idiot, it doesn't matter who made your RC vehicle, you're going to break parts.
    Thinking outside the box of traditional RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 9five9

What's funny is that once someone says they've never had a problem with these so-called ''problematic'' Traxxas parts, all sorts of exceptions are thrown: My two wheel drive pede never shredded a slider shaft - ''Well that's because it's 2wd.'' Another guy's Nitro Revo never shredded a shaft - ''Oh that's because brushless is more powerful.''

A thread like this is stupid. It's obvious Traxxas has their place. If you don't like Traxxas, don't buy their stuff. Nobody is being ''dooped'' into buying Traxxas vehicles. If you drive like an idiot, it doesn't matter who made your RC vehicle, you're going to break parts.
    ok and?
    You are going to say the stress on a part is identical when you have completely different power plants, drive chain configurations, tire types, and surface its driven on?

Also some good does come out of these type of posts like I found out there was an alternative to the sliders for the pede 4X4 that I didn't know about prior

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wondering why the fanboys are even typing anything into this post. It is clearly stated Traxxas haters opinion please. It's like a dude walking into the womens can.........and *****en because theres no dudes...........really? Leave your opinion as it realates to the topic and carry on....Maybe Traxxas is listening, maybe not. If they make a new basher in lets say 1/8th or 1/10 scale and get rid of the sliders and the grey injection molded plastic and the MOOSHY feeling behind the wheel, I AM IN. If not, I am out and getting something else for the grandkids. I have until christmas to make my decision.

I aint *****en because the sliders fail, never owned one. I dont like the design so MY perceived impression of quality is not there. I have snapped bucket loads of steel cvds before. I dont like the looks of the grey injection molded plastics, not saying they are any weeker, but again, my perception of this is poor quality. Dont see this from many except toy grade manufacturers.

I would love to put my perceptions aside and get a Gravedigger Pede for the grandson. I have got him shoes and shirts and hats with GDigger stuff and he loves the stuff. I just feel like someone is saying "You know better" in my head everytime I entertain the idea. Damn it.

TheKennyKiller- Not calling you out, you just seemed very defensive so I had to ask, Traxxas owner?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wondering why the fanboys are even typing anything into this post. It is clearly stated Traxxas haters opinion please. It's like a dude walking into the womens can.........and *****en because theres no dudes...........really? Leave your opinion as it realates to the topic and carry on....Maybe Traxxas is listening, maybe not. If they make a new basher in lets say 1/8th or 1/10 scale and get rid of the sliders and the grey injection molded plastic and the MOOSHY feeling behind the wheel, I AM IN. If not, I am out and getting something else for the grandkids. I have until christmas to make my decision.

I aint *****en because the sliders fail, never owned one. I dont like the design so MY perceived impression of quality is not there. I have snapped bucket loads of steel cvds before. I dont like the looks of the grey injection molded plastics, not saying they are any weeker, but again, my perception of this is poor quality. Dont see this from many except toy grade manufacturers.

I would love to put my perceptions aside and get a Gravedigger Pede for the grandson. I have got him shoes and shirts and hats with GDigger stuff and he loves the stuff. I just feel like someone is saying ''You know better'' in my head everytime I entertain the idea. Damn it.

TheKennyKiller- Not calling you out, you just seemed very defensive so I had to ask, Traxxas owner?
    Yeah sorry, us fanboys should just leave you haters alone so you can hate to your hearts content. BTW laughing at ignorance is not being defensive.

Keep calm and hate on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ive been reading a lot of talk on the Slash -Well Im here to tell you I have raced a 2 whel drive stock slash almost every week in competition and only broke a handfull of parts mostly a arms because I forgot to let up oncde in a while -they are the most toughtest cars out there and up keep is minimal-we have 25 to 40 every fry night at the track bashing and racing on the indoor off road track and see very little breakage -heck of a lor of body rubbing -so those that say the 2wd slash is junk just dont knoe or talking out of wrong side -they can have thwere expensive cars and pay mucho bucks for all the hop up stuff but the ol tried and true Slash racer will have more fun and bucks left over -NOT the 4wd as no where to race them in competition -and afore ya all start gabbin bout me ,I am 74 year old and been recing or around racing for bout all my life and my sone owns one of the finest indoor race tracks in the area MMR -so guess we do know a small tad of what we speak -Go buy a 2wd slash and come racing -Remember all stock -O we let you change radio ,receiver and steer servo and shock springs but NUTINelse - Now yer turn to jump in
    Owner of -rcskyjumper
    Chutes and jumpers and suport items

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would love to put my perceptions aside and get a Gravedigger Pede for the grandson. I have got him shoes and shirts and hats with GDigger stuff and he loves the stuff. I just feel like someone is saying ''You know better'' in my head everytime I entertain the idea. Damn it.

and people wonder why the traxxas slash Ford F150 has a black chassis now... WOW that black dye really makes it stronger lol. im just going out on a limb here but im assuming u would never buy a older hpi blitz because of the colour of the plastic???
    IT seems even rc cars cant excape racism
    So from what u are saying u dont know anything about the slider shafts but still u have a non educated opinion on their durability? yes that makes perfect sence

Can u please explain in detail what u mean by "MOOSHY feeling behind the wheel"?

Yet again like I said befor this thread is full of oppinions... any one got a old torque wrench with the needle and dial? get a slider shaft and see how much torque it can take, then compare it to a dogbone the same length...

Whats a good benchmark to compare the sliders to?
    LOSI: 5IVE-T, 8IGHT-E, MICRO SCT
    Tamiya: TL01MT, TL01B, TA01RA, Clodbuster
    Traxxas: Slash 2wd, Axial: SCX10 Honcho
    Hobao: Hyper 10e, River Hobby X-Ranger

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's funny because the idea behind their grey plastic was it was made to be stronger than their old BLACK plastic. You can always take the grey parts and dye them yourself with RIT dye. I heard it increases the strength by 50% when you do that anyway.....
    Thinking outside the box of traditional RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bahahahah I just spat my drink everywhere... ohh now my laptop is all sticky

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

bahahahah I just spat my drink everywhere... ohh now my laptop is all sticky
    sure that was from your drink?

Anyways will say one thing about the gray traxxas chassis's they do take the RIT dye VERY easily. I've dyed a few parts from a few manufacturers (HPI, OFNA, and traxxas) and the traxxas chassis's soaked it in so it was a true black after a minute or 2. The other 2 brands still looked purple after 15 mins in the dye. Only reason I dyed it was cause every part was black on the RC I used the chassis's on(pede chassis's make excelent battery box's when modded ), and I needed to dye the other pieces anyways like the rims(only could find them in neon yellow) so I figured what the hell not like it will take any more work They were also the test to make sure I had the water hot enough

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dmowery

Ive been reading a lot of talk on the Slash -Well Im here to tell you I have raced a 2 whel drive stock slash almost every week in competition and only broke a handfull of parts mostly a arms because I forgot to let up oncde in a while -they are the most toughtest cars out there and up keep is minimal-we have 25 to 40 every fry night at the track bashing and racing on the indoor off road track and see very little breakage -heck of a lor of body rubbing -so those that say the 2wd slash is junk just dont knoe or talking out of wrong side -they can have thwere expensive cars and pay mucho bucks for all the hop up stuff but the ol tried and true Slash racer will have more fun and bucks left over -NOT the 4wd as no where to race them in competition -and afore ya all start gabbin bout me ,I am 74 year old and been recing or around racing for bout all my life and my sone owns one of the finest indoor race tracks in the area MMR -so guess we do know a small tad of what we speak -Go buy a 2wd slash and come racing -Remember all stock -O we let you change radio ,receiver and steer servo and shock springs but NUTINelse - Now yer turn to jump in
    Like I said before, everyones experience is different, some good, some bad.

Durablilty comes down to how you drive a rc, if you do lots of jumps (big ones) , thats going to place lots of strain on your car. I owned a HSP buggy once (I wanted to see if they are as crap as many said they were and for $150, not much to lose.) It never broke at all but then I started doing 1m high jumps (thats nothing compared to the 3m ones my mt4 takes all day long) and the shock towers bent, broke a bulkhead, stripped a spur and a pinion all in 4 runs! Now if I was to drive it normally then I doubt I will break anything. I am sure a slash will survive most 1/10 tracks easily but you can't compare them to 8 scale buggies and truggies, they are tanks and their are a few available for the price of a brushless slash.

On a side note, i've never broke anything with a brushed car no matter how stupid I drove it.

EDIT: arrrg to many typos
    Thunder Tiger MT4 G3- Tamiya TA06 Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how's i know for a fact that the traxxas sliders can take 0.7hp all day long with ton of abuse...

Ill start a tread in the general forum proving this

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this is good free r&d for traxx ass!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i own about 20 traxxas trucks. but from what i have seen many of the so called traxxas haters. have become haters because of the traxxas forum. if you want setup info on a truck then you will get a ton of help but that's about it. on the other hand if you say something that they think is out of place it is deleted. even if it is nothing at all. when i got my first traxxas i went to the traxxas site and never visited any other site for a long long while. but when i did it is plain to see what is going on. you have traxxas lovers who say traxxas truck ????? is the best RTR i have ever owned. but then they say they (had) to change the arms / turn buckles / drive shafts / motor esc / radio gear / servo / updated the diffs / made there own chassis / changed wheels / body. then the forum lovers big up this so called RTR truck. lol you will even get others saying that this RTR truck is fantastic once you replace the shafts motor esc arms as they are not fit for purpose.

im in to traxxas at the moment because im just messing about and not racing. so all the old stuff they keep pumping out suits me just fine as the parts are interchangeable between trucks.

one more point 99% of the forum users believe there is only 2 makes of ESC and motors. lol
    MORE THAN 20 RC CARS AT THE MOMENT. BUT IM CUTTING DOWN HONEST. LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think I'll throw my opinion in on the Traxxas vehicles.

My first hobby grade RC after coming back into the hobby was a Bandit VXL. I paid $310 RTR. A 2WD 1/10 brushless buggy. It was cool at first, but after getting rid of that and searching for a new one, I realised there is much more out there, that is of better quality for a better price. If I were to EVER get a Traxxas RC again, it would have to be for the right price, and it would have to really impress me.
    To answer the OP question...

-Traxxas needs new designs instead of basing a new RC off an old chassis and driveline. Get rid of those sliding driveshafts!!
    -Lower your price! Your packaging is flashy, but I would rather pay for what's in the box.
    -Come out with a new BL system. The one I had in the VXL didn't last long on a NiMH.

All in all, I bet if Traxxas lowered prices and upgraded parts for better durability, they would be competetive to racers and bashers more.
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

do traxxas own RPM and Proline. because they sell so many parts that traxxas owners need. it would be a win win for traxxas.

and this is the best traxxas haters thread i have even seen. as no one is really hating. but i can see who needs to get a room with there traxxas vehicle. and if one of you traxxas lovers has something good to say why not do a traxxas lovers thread. and i hope it stays constructive.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: turok007

do traxxas own RPM and Proline. because they sell so many parts that traxxas owners need. it would be a win win for traxxas.
    nah they just give RPM tons of business
    They make a few HPI parts too.
    One of the guys from the ST board E-mailed them like 2 years ago asking if they would make arms for the HPI MT2 (they are notoriously weak), and the reply basically said to sum it up they only make parts to vehicles they know they will sell a lot.

As for pro-line they are the same way

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: turok007

nah they just give RPM tons of business
    They make a few HPI parts too.
    One of the guys from the ST board E-mailed them like 2 years ago asking if they would make arms for the HPI MT2 (they are notoriously weak), and the reply basically said to sum it up they only make parts to vehicles they know they will sell a lot.

As for pro-line they are the same way
    I think the reason RPM or Proline "only make parts to vehicles they know they will sell a lot" is more the fact that a lot of people own Traxxas vehicles and of those people a lot of them want to upgrade. People want to make their truck their own.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea your right, more Traxxas stuff out there than anything else right now. You gotta give the masses what they want, and or need.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

I think the reason RPM or Proline ''only make parts to vehicles they know they will sell a lot'' is more the fact that a lot of people own Traxxas vehicles and of those people a lot of them want to upgrade. People want to make their truck their own.
    Not gonna argue that. Its kind of a 2 fold thing though. To get parts the truck needs to be popular, and the ruck has to have a calling for parts from how it sounded.
    like in the MT2s case there was a calling for parts, just it wasn't popular enough for them to bother making the tools to produce the parts.
    Now something like the Traxxas MAXX line there is both a need for the parts, and the calling (seriously Traxxas should make the RPM parts stock on that thing according to what I heard from a quite a few owners)
    Then again Traxxas is also a popular target seeing if they make one part for one vehicle they can market it to many vehicles. Take the Slash 4X4 majority of the parts are identical on the Stampede 4X4, and now their new rally uses majority of the same parts so that is they now market parts for 3 different vehicles for the cost of designing, and making the mold for one part(actually just looked at RPM's page they have 2 pages of rally parts, all identical to the slash's).

Where most the HPI parts I see they make are the ones that are shared among vehicles(like the savage). Will be honest was kinda shocked to see axial parts, and durango parts being made.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

another reason i asked about traxxas owning RPM is the forum states no talk of other makes. but if someone breaks a arm a traxxas MOD doesn't say give our parts another go or even say give them a quick boil in some water. no they say get some RPM i have never had a problem with them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think it all boils down to price. If their RTRs were cheaper, folks wouldn't expect as much out of them, and wouldn't gripe as much about the tires (yes, the Talons suck), sliders, gray plastic, etc - if it's cheaper, then expectations are lower.

One option would be for them to sell a kit version - I'll build it, don't include your electronics I don't want anyway, and then I won't have to pay for all that. That way I get a kit, and a cheaper option than the RTR.

An even easier option for them would be to sell a "roller" for cheaper than the RTR. Again, ditch the servo/esc/motor/radio and lower the price.

By all means, keep the RTR stuff to keep beginners in the hobby. But lowering prices, and/or alternate options (kit/roller) would be really nice.
    DT02-MS | Stadium Thunder | TT Frog | TRF 801XT | CR-01 | F-150 | CRT.5 | T-Egg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This video is a little old but I think it's appropriate for this thread. Enjoy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AyoddDCT_s[/youtube]

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast