Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Traxxas Critics opinion please

Yea I'm actually surprised this thread is still open. I saw the title of the thread when it was first created and thought, "Man, this will be locked within the next 10 minutes"

I would respect the cars much more, if better parts were used, and the cost was lower. You can't tell me they don't get enough buyers to lower the price and still make a profit.

-Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

Yea I'm actually surprised this thread is still open. I saw the title of the thread when it was first created and thought, ''Man, this will be locked within the next 10 minutes''

I would respect the cars much more, if better parts were used, and the cost was lower. You can't tell me they don't get enough buyers to lower the price and still make a profit.

I will say in comparison they also blow WAY more on marketing than any of the competition so that is more than likely why they have their prices higher.
    I'm sure sponsoring race cars, their own race, buying 95% of the advertising space in RC mags, and other things ain't cheap.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

True, but all that pays off when you got a guy running out of the hobby shop with 2 pede 4x4's and all accessories. I've seen that once.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Traxxas haters? I cant stand Traxxas I think their vehicles are crap, garbage, trash..........I still want a X01, funny car and an ERevo
    Avante2011,Tundra,TT01,Amax,Blackfoot,MB,Hilux Racer,Durga,TA01,02,03,Nitrage5.2,959,E801XT,801X, RC8 Family,and alot more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ummm. The Marco Polo guy... Joined on 11/6/12 and only statement was 11/6/12 makes me think someone just made a phony account to express his/her feelings as crudely as possible just to start an argument. Good possibility it's someone that is known on this forum and not brave enough to post his views under his real account.

I'm thinking about getting a Traxxas nitro vehicle. First reason is the amount of upgrades. Second maybe so I can talk about them and actually have some experience with them.

I think manufacturer bashing on this site should be viewed as a political argument and be banned. I joined this forum to get information, to feel part of a community, and possibly meet people in my area that share the same passion I do. Not to get criticized about what I own,bought,got as a gift,etc... Pro's and con's from people with experience in that area is ok but these threads get really carried away.

Dave
    \"Prime it, Pull it, Pound it\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Yea I'm actually surprised this thread is still open. I saw the title of the thread when it was first created and thought, ''Man, this will be locked within the next 10 minutes''

I will say in comparison they also blow WAY more on marketing than any of the competition so that is more than likely why they have their prices higher.
    I'm sure sponsoring race cars, their own race, buying 95% of the advertising space in RC mags, and other things ain't cheap.
    Yea, I would say that, without any facts in front of me, that Traxxas is by far the most advertized manufacturer out there. I would guess that is why the prices have gone up drastically in the last four years. Traxxas is EVERYWHERE when it comes to motorsports and that aint cheap. Most likely they lead the call with bringing NOOBS into the sport because of this.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ttowntoolman

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Yea, I would say that, without any facts in front of me, that Traxxas is by far the most advertized manufacturer out there. I would guess that is why the prices have gone up drastically in the last four years. Traxxas is EVERYWHERE when it comes to motorsports and that aint cheap. Most likely they lead the call with bringing NOOBS into the sport because of this.

Well and on top of that, Mike Jenkins, the president of Traxxas is a short course racer. He and his brother race in the Pro 4x4 class, and he sponsors a TON of drivers. They sell a lot of Traxxas vehicles at the TORC races, and I have nothing but respect for them with how they are getting people into the hobby and investing so much money in the process.
    Thinking outside the box of traditional RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When ya all gits tired of flappinn yer gums anout the Traxxas 2wd Slash -Just go to MMREW racing in the Mn, north south dakota threds and watch some of the vids there and we have 25 to 30 of them racing once or twice a week and its no holds barred -Breakage -not enough to say anything about -up keep -Nill-say what ya want buit thems tough trucks any way ya look at it -Dont bother replying if you dont watch the vids on MMRSW or the MMR vids of the trucks -nuff said then they can lock this thred as a lot of hot air on here for a lot that dont knopw what they talking about and may not even have a slash
    Later
    Owner of -rcskyjumper
    Chutes and jumpers and suport items

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dmowery

When ya all gits tired of flappinn yer gums anout the Traxxas 2wd Slash -Just go to MMREW racing in the Mn, north south dakota threds and watch some of the vids there and we have 25 to 30 of them racing once or twice a week and its no holds barred -Breakage -not enough to say anything about -up keep -Nill-say what ya want buit thems tough trucks any way ya look at it -Dont bother replying if you dont watch the vids on MMRSW or the MMR vids of the trucks -nuff said then they can lock this thred as a lot of hot air on here for a lot that dont knopw what they talking about and may not even have a slash
    Later
    Whoah... Let me try and understand what you're saying. A brushed 2wd 30mph top speed downhill with the wind at your backSlash is durable? Oops I replied without watching the video

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: marco_Polo

ORIGINAL: suburban_hooligan

they rank lower than toilet paper in my book. but if they want my respect there's a few things they can do.
    drop the rustler and bandit. come out with a new, up to date, out of the box club race worthy but still basher friendly platform. and then offer a kit version.
    drop the nitro sport and nitro rustler. make 1 new nitro stadium truck. and maybe make a nitro short course version. offer a kit version.

drop the slash and come out with a slash 2 based on the new buggy/stadium truck. and offer a kit.
    drop the slash 4x4 and make a slash 4x4 2 with low CG chassis. needs to be club racer material out of the box and still basher friendly. offer a kit version.
    drop the 4tec, nitro 4tec and new rally car. come out with a new 1/10 scale TC that's good for parking lot racing and club racing. then make a rally car out of that. offer a kit version.
    drop the 2wd stampede. focus on the stampede 4x4. offer a kit version.
    drop the maxx trucks. they've sucked royal sense day 1 and still do. worst monster truck on the market.
    drop the current revo. come out with a revo 2 that has standard suspension. off a kit version.
    stop rebadging the same chassis over and over and over.

make a competition level 1/8 buggy and truggy (that's actually something i hear people say they want all the damn time) then make a slayer 2 off of it. offer a kit version.
    drop the summit, it's a stupid truck. come out with a normal solid axle crawler/trail truck. offer a kit version.
    drop the xo-1 and make an xo-2 in standard 1/8 scale. and leave the stupid telemetry out of it.
    stop buying exclusivity sponsorship contracts and let other manufactures sponsor and advertise in 1:1 racing.
    stop flat out lying in there marketing.
    stop with the super fast speed BS. a stadium truck or monster truck doesn't need to go 60. it's just stupid. if the owner wants his truck to go that fast he can modify it himself.
    stop with the stupid gimmicks (telemetry, etc.)
    ditch the stupid telescoping driveshafts in favor of a stronger, less wear prone standard universal shafts or CVD's.
    ditch the grey plastic. ether go black or go white so i can dye it whatever color i want.
    stop letting the guy with the price gun smoke crack on the job. the current e-revo is about $250 overpriced. the rustler is about $100 overpriced.
    put a little precision in there vehicles. sloppy fitment is for toy grade and cheap knockoff's.
    stop breeding idiot big mouthed fanboys.
    you a piece of ****. traxxas make the BEST Quality BEST designed vehicle. your must be stupid. you thing Traxxas should diScontinue Nitro 4Tec?? are youkidding me?? really stupids. its their best car. It won RC Car action best car how many yyears in a row? thats is what i thought. Traxxas #1

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, some guy with 2 posts comes in to tell us that traxxas is the best vehicle ever cause it won almost every rc car action award.

Yet another idiot big mouthed fanboy

hell i thought that wassarcasm.
    if it wasn't. oh well i guess that's just one more birthday party i won't be invited to. lol
    is there an admin that can look up the IP to see if that's another existing user under a new name? that would be interesting to find out.

Phmaximus: you can't prove opinions wrong. my post was 100% MY OPINION. i formed my opinion with 15 years of hands on experience. this thread is about opinions, i offered up mine. im not getting into a back and forth argument over opinions, it's a pointless waste of time. if you differ in opinion that much, start an "opinion on why traxxas is awesome" thread.

↑↑↓↓←→←→BA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

I sware this thread, and most of the content is in breach of the rules of the forum.... Wonder why its allowed?
    ''RCU, promoting Traxxas hate since 2008''
    thats ballsy lol, and so very true
    LOSI: 5IVE-T, 8IGHT-E, MICRO SCT
    Tamiya: TL01MT, TL01B, TA01RA, Clodbuster
    Traxxas: Slash 2wd, 1/16 Ken Block
    Axial: SCX10 Honcho
    Hobao: Hyper 10e
    Great Vigor; V2000

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i think traxxas produces some decent vehicles. I also think they have their place in our hobby...now what i hate about traxxas.. 2 things.
    1. their lack of creativity, could you just create a new platform, and maybe throw in some alluminum, at least try to make it look like its worth the crazy amounts of money you want for said product.
    2. build a real nitro engine, a 3.3 is underpowered for a 1/8 truck ( i know they call them 1/10, but the current tmaxx/revo have been stretched to 1/8 sizes but still use 1/12 components.
    A tmaxx/revo with a big block is so much more fun!
    oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers!-savagex,-savagexl,-savageflux,-revo3.3,-tmaxx3.3,-losi aftershock ltd

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dmowery

Later
    I Watched the mmr videos (can't find any mmrsw) and while it does look like fun it does not say anything about durabilty. In stock form its a good setup but I wouldn't change much if I get one (which I probably won't due to the value for money).

This is a track tough on rc cars
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pyvZLNEQQI

Thunder Tiger MT4 G3- Tamiya TA06 Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The Hedgehog

I sware this thread, and most of the content is in breach of the rules of the forum.... Wonder why its allowed?
    ''RCU, promoting Traxxas hate since 2008''
    thats ballsy lol, and so very true
    Judging by "marco polo"s post, it also appears to promote traxxas trolls.

If you look at most of the posts by the so called "haters" they actually present their reasons(many of which are valid) why they believe how they do. Expressing an opinion that isn't favorable of the subject doesn't make someone a "hater".
    Also take into consideration that this thread was created to ask the opinions of those who don't like traxxas.
    God bless America

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Damn, can't believe I've missed this thread!

I agree with most of what Hooligan says on the subject, except for the Slash, for example. It is perfect for scale-looking high speed bashing, much more so than other SCT's of either drive train, so making it more race-bred would likely remove some of that fun factor. I say offer it in two versions: a "basher" version with the current setup, and a LCG version for racing, and do it with out jumping the price tag up much, if at all. When mass-producing something, you kind of lose the ability to call it "upgraded" or anything of that nature.

As for the slider shafts, I haven't had an issue, I've replaced all 4 of mine with OE parts once, due to wear. I raced mine nearly every weekend on Castle equipment and never broke one, yet my buddy with his brushed Summit snapped one in the first week in some rocks. It seems to be hit or miss there. I will say, however, we have had far more issues with the cheap drive setup on my old ladys Blitz than the Slash 4X4 ever had.

Traxxas CAN lose that.....IPhone crap.....sorry, best way I could say it without getting banned and having the mods mad at me for language. Seriously, that's a ridiculous marketing ploy and it needs to go. If you need to go that route, sell a Castle-Link esque adaptor, or field programmer. Some of us don't WANT a smart phone, ever, and making those products excludes a portion of the fan base right off the bat.

I am in agreement with over-advertising and sponsoring the heck out of things, it gets old. Any more, even as a Traxxas owner myself, just hearing the name gives the knee-jerk reaction of punching babies. Enough is enough guys!

I would also like to request that Traxxas designers not only try their hand at entering the 1/8 scale and pure race markets, but that they video tape and YouTube each step. I'll grab some popcorn, this should be fun....

And finally, I think the best thing Traxxas can do is either match their prices to the quality of the product, or vice versa. They don't have one single thing that isn't overpriced in their lineup. All the customer service and support in the world can't justify that. Put out a better, more well thought out product and you won't NEED all that customer service anyway! I mean seriously, if either of those options can't be met, then divvy up the company and all properties and let each "top" company on the planet have a chunk, and start building collaborative RC's, the best of each mfr placed into each vehicle in the lineup. THEN the price and product might see eye to eye.

I am not a hater, by the way, just a critic

Tekno Losi 8ight II Slash 4X4 II HPI Blitz II Associated B4.1 II Losi Mini-T II Custom frame AX10 II Axial G6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I should let it go, but I won't....OVER ADVERTISING? OVER SPONSORING? REALLY??? Take the R/C out of it. I personally hate and cringe when I see my biggest competitor advertising on every channel I watch. They use all the local sports teams as spokes people, every event they seem to be a sponsor, and I wish it went away, BUT it works! They are a household name in my area. AND their advertising brings me business believe it or not. People get into a market usually because someone speared and interest in it and it's usually from advertising, and they think hmmm... who else offers this type of thing, let me go look!

Back to R/C, Traxxas advertising gets people interested and they go to a hobby store to look into it or they go on line to look into it. You think everyone who see's a Traxxas ad or sponsorship goes and buys a Traxxas? Nope, but a big percentage does. And Traxxas's marketing people have a way of finding out how the customer found out about them and advertise more in that area. They do a great job of getting to the masses. More so than any other R/C company out there. Heck, they are in the Pep Boys auto parts stores! You cannot over advertise or over sponsor, you may not be able to afford it. If it didn't work, it wouldn't happen.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pcarluvr

I should let it go, but I won't....OVER ADVERTISING? OVER SPONSORING? REALLY??? Take the R/C out of it. I personally hate and cringe when I see my biggest competitor advertising on every channel I watch. They use all the local sports teams as spokes people, every event they seem to be a sponsor, and I wish it went away, BUT it works! They are a household name in my area. AND their advertising brings me business believe it or not. People get into a market usually because someone speared and interest in it and it's usually from advertising, and they think hmmm... who else offers this type of thing, let me go look!

Back to R/C, Traxxas advertising gets people interested and they go to a hobby store to look into it or they go on line to look into it. You think everyone who see's a Traxxas ad or sponsorship goes and buys a Traxxas? Nope, but a big percentage does. And Traxxas's marketing people have a way of finding out how the customer found out about them and advertise more in that area. They do a great job of getting to the masses. More so than any other R/C company out there. Heck, they are in the Pep Boys auto parts stores! You cannot over advertise or over sponsor, you may not be able to afford it. If it didn't work, it wouldn't happen.
    There's two sides to it. Extra ads means more customers, but more ads cost more money and that money has to be covered somehow. In this case that means higher prices of products. As prices go up, the number of customers that are willing to buy the product goes down. That's how economics works.
    God bless America

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dude. Whoa. hey. Put the gun down man. Theeerrree ya go. Nice 'n easy now...

Tekno Losi 8ight II Slash 4X4 II HPI Blitz II Associated B4.1 II Losi Mini-T II Custom frame AX10 II Axial G6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This could go either way. I see and understand your point and it is a good point, but........if everyone of the masses that are brought into our hobby getts a POS they are disapointed with because it does not do as advertized it will intern hurt the hobby in the long run. The other side of the coin so to speak.

Yea, I am not a hater either, sorry if anyone has gotten offended, not the intention of the post.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Who changed the subject title? Somebody is watching...[X(]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Who changed the subject title? Somebody is watching...[X(]
    It was editied by the op. See the first post.
    God bless America

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just imagin some new kid that needs some help with his traxxas vehicle, after reading this thread what would he do???

what do u think they would do? stay and fight, or leave to the next forum result in google.

I know its only oppions... lol should be ok then?
    Flame wars are started by oppinions, heck even world wars, devorces, fights, broken friendships....the list is endless.

How can u be a critic with out manifacture bashing?

Dont know who agrees but if u dont have something good to say, dont say it

I could understand this thread been more usefull if it was directed towards peoples own exerance with previously owned vehichles
    LOSI: 5IVE-T, 8IGHT-E, MICRO SCT
    Tamiya: TL01MT, TL01B, TA01RA, Clodbuster
    Traxxas: Slash 2wd, 1/16 Ken Block
    Axial: SCX10 Honcho
    Hobao: Hyper 10e
    Great Vigor; V2000

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Although I am not as experienced as most of you the only thing I can add is my experience with Traxxas. It involves a Rustler and a 2wd slash. Both were pretty fun vehicles until I bought a AE RCB4.1 Then I got a chance to drive a HPI SC truck. Sold the Traxxas vehicals. Just didn't like the handling and durability of Traxxas. Anyone who claims to compete with a AE SC or HPI and others must be driving a highly modified slash. I am by no means a racer but I can drive out a full battery with the AE without flipping or breaking. I was always chasing down the rustler and the slash to upright it and more often then not breaking something. A buggy is no comparing to a SC truck but The HPI SC truck I drove handled more like the buggy.

But If a newbe ask what "should I buy" ? I might say a rustler or slash, and that decision would solely be based on the fact that Lincolns hobby shop has mostly traxxas vehicles and parts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why continue to complain about it though? That's just as bad as the Traxxas bashing itself, which, if you think about it, isn't too terrible, since all Traxxas' are good for is bashing anyways!

Being a critic without Mfr bashing is pretty easy, too, dude. Not many posts here are actually flaming Traxxas anyway. The OP wanted to know what Traxxas does wrong, basically, and he got pretty much exactly what he asked for. I can see you whining ifevery person here said Traxxas is garbage, they suck, etc etc etc but talking about over-pricing and crappy drive shafts is a far cry from trash talking.

I just imagin some new kid that needs some help with his traxxas vehicle, after reading this thread what would he do???

what do u think they would do? stay and fight, or leave to the next forum result in google.

I know its only oppions... lol should be ok then?
    Flame wars are started by oppinions, heck even world wars, devorces, fights, broken friendships....the list is endless.

How can u be a critic with out manifacture bashing?

Dont know who agrees but if u dont have something good to say, dont say it

I could understand this thread been more usefull if it was directed towards peoples own exerance with previously owned vehichles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just my opinion. I used to own 2 RC10GT's when I bought my Jato back in 2007. For me the stock Jato was more durable than the any of my GT's. I was kind of off at first about the plastic shafts and ended up breaking one about a year into owning it. I replaced it with the Traxxas DVD's and have not had an issue since. At this time it is heavily modified, but for me that's part of the hobby. I just can't leave anything stock for to long.

Now I also had a friends T-Maxx for about a month that I was working on for him and the quality is just not there. It is way under powered for its size and if you bash it to hard things start to break. Compared to my HPI Savage? Well there is no comparison. In my opinion the Savage can handle abuse that a T-Maxx could only dream of.

What has really kept me from buying another Traxxas is the price. Just way too much when you can get the same or better for less.

Well that is my opinion.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast