Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas Critics opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 04:41 AM
Ttowntoolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Critics opinion please

Pictures of the suspect part may bring ideas to the table.....got any?
Old 11-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

I'm really getting annoyed with the little plastic clips that hold the pivot balls in place in my mini E-Revo, they keep popping out making it nearly impossible to drive, if I were to buy more plastic clips it would just happen again in no time. Traxxas makes some metal rings to use instead of the plastic clips but they cost nearly $20, why couldn't they just include them with the kit?
so they can sell them to you asupgradesfor a huge mark up

Old 11-15-2012, 04:24 PM
steed2-inactive

I'm really getting annoyed with the little plastic clips that hold the pivot balls in place in my mini E-Revo, they keep popping out making it nearly impossible to drive, if I were to buy more plastic clips it would just happen again in no time. Traxxas makes some metal rings to use instead of the plastic clips but they cost nearly $20, why couldn't they just include them with the kit?
Yep, more money in their pockets!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:09 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I'm really annoyed with the new prices on most Traxxas models. They added LiPos and now the prices have gone through the roof, $1010 for a BL E-Revo with two 3S packs, are they insane?
Old 12-23-2012, 07:41 AM
The Mad Modder

I'm really annoyed with the new prices on most Traxxas models. They added LiPos and now the prices have gone through the roof, $1010 for a BL E-Revo with two 3S packs, are they insane?
I guess as long as people keep buying them, they'll continue to inch up prices. I think that's the biggest problem with them. They aren't bad cars, but they are priced far too high.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 AM
turok007

well everyone kept asking for lipos in the box. well now they got what they wanted.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:59 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: turok007

well everyone kept asking for lipos in the box. well now they got what they wanted.
They should at least have a stripped down version for those of use who want to use our own electronics.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:16 AM
turok007

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: turok007

They should at least have a stripped down version for those of use who want to use our own electronics.

we all know that if they sold it without electrics it would still cost to much as they would up the price.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:49 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't get why Traxxas doesn't offer rollers. From a production standpoint, all they need to do is NOT install some components and box it early. Maybe start with the Slash's as a market test to determine if it's feasible.

I wonder if they are still banking on the bashers and first-timers to purchase their products. This is not to suggest that a basher doesn't want to customize their equipment but, maybe Traxxas believes that only a racer would want to do a custom build and most of those drivers will go with other brands anyway.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:13 AM
turok007

by the looks of most forums most people who buy a traxxas replaces the VXL system. so while people are still doing this traxxas will not change there ways. as they still make more from a RTR
Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

I don't get why Traxxas doesn't offer rollers. From a production standpoint, all they need to do is NOT install some components and box it early. Maybe start with the Slash's as a market test to determine if it's feasible.

I wonder if they are still banking on the bashers and first-timers to purchase their products. This is not to suggest that a basher doesn't want to customize their equipment but, maybe Traxxas believes that only a racer would want to do a custom build and most of those drivers will go with other brands anyway.
probably kinda like fast food places. Look at how hard it is to get anything plain at mc donalds, or how often an order will get messed up if its not just a number selection .
Traxxas is the Mc Donalds, and Burger king of RC.

@turok007 good question, but its like other questions like why do RC companies include crap servos on RTRs that give up after 5 mins into a run? The RC's I've bought RTR I think like only a handful of them still have the stock servos. I've taken the stock steering servo from my 1/8th scale buggy when it was new, and put it in a light 2wd traxxas xl-5 truck, and that sucker had issues turning the wheels. There are also other companies guilty of putting under powered systems* in RC's that need replacing almost straight out of the box.

*not saying the VXL setup is under powered just in things like the pede 4X4 and slash 4X4 they are kinda pushing it to its max without leaving much leeway for issues that could cause them to fry fast.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:27 PM
04DarkShadowGT

What I don't get is how a bunch of internet nobodies have so many great ideas on how they can improve what is most likely the largest and most profitable RC company on the planet.

I read gems like stop sharing parts. Yeah that makes total sense, why spread the cost of equipment, molds, R&D costs, etc across more models. Makes no sense at all. How about the post saying their packaging is too flashy, yeah its a horrible idea to try and get peoples attention with your items. No way you would ever want people to notice your products over the competition.

I think some of the people posting here probably cant balance a check book, let alone run a multi million dollar business.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:00 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

It must be "tell it like it is Friday".

I agree, if they didn't share parts between models their prices would be even higher. I'm not all that happy about the new prices with the added lipo packs though.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

What I don't get is how a bunch of internet nobodies have so many great ideas on how they can improve what is most likely the largest and most profitable RC company on the planet.

I read gems like stop sharing parts. Yeah that makes total sense, why spread the cost of equipment, molds, R&D costs, etc across more models. Makes no sense at all. How about the post saying their packaging is too flashy, yeah its a horrible idea to try and get peoples attention with your items. No way you would ever want people to notice your products over the competition.

I think some of the people posting here probably cant balance a check book, let alone run a multi million dollar business.
They are not the largest and most profitable because they make the best quality or great value stuff, its because they have the best advertising IMO

Old 12-28-2012, 12:32 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It must be ''tell it like it is Friday''.

I agree, if they didn't share parts between models their prices would be even higher. I'm not all that happy about the new prices with the added lipo packs though.
I'll be honest I don't understand their pricing it seems the more parts it shares the higher they raise all their prices, where it should be the complete opposite [:@]
Old 12-28-2012, 08:29 AM
The Mad Modder

Get real, big companies make simple mistakes all the time. Take Jeep for instance, a while back, some of their vehicles had problems with the auto transmissions overheating. Rather than add trans coolers under warranty, they added temperature sensors that let you know when it was overheating, so you could pull over and let it cool.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:30 AM
FNG RIDER

ORIGINAL: Ttowntoolman

What could Traxxas do to change there models that would make you more interested in them? Opinions welcome.

I dont own one single model of theirs and it is because of the plastic drive axels and the grey injection molded plastics. That is it in a nutshell for me. They seem to me to be the missing link between toys and hobby grade and it is the perception of poor quality because of the two things I listed.

I do own a VXL brushless system and have beat the living shizz out of it and it works great yet.
I am a big Traxxas fan, I purchased the Original Slash 2wd and raced it in the Slash class and won. I currently own a Slash SSC LCG 4wd with a MMP 3800 kv Its has a mostly stock drive train and sliders. Trouble free for over two years of racing. I can hang with some 1/8th buggies and all SCs.I would like to see Traxxas make a Top Fuel Rail to follow their funny car. A front engine digger could easily be produced using existing parts from the funny car chassis. I would also love to see them bring out a 1/10th NASCAR replica series. parts can be used from the exhisting X0 1 car. I imagine a Dale Jr, Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon replica and replicas of the ford and Toyota stables. please please hahaha I kill myself sometimes; )
Old 12-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Eman77

Because there is always room for improvement in nearly everything. Nothing wrong with trying to make a product better. Unless of course you think their stuff is 100% perfect and can't be any better.

If that's the case, I've got some swampland to sell you....
Old 12-28-2012, 04:04 PM
BKoz559

We're sharing thoughts and curiosities here. I don't see how your accurately able to judge my character considering all we know about one another is based on what's posted on a discussion board. From what I've read I suppose your more qualified to run a multi-million dollar than anyone else on this forum.

Again, just shootin' the s*** around here, not submitting formal business proposals.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:04 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: yakfish

1)lower cost
2)better quality plastic
3)less plastic- whats with the plastic chassis on the stampede, rustler, bandit and slash trucks? fr 1/16 plastic is OK but a 1/10 needs an aluminum chassis.
4)More realistic speed claims
5) Vehicals that don't need $500 worth of upgrades to be durable

I don't consider my self a hater, but I'm not a fan either. I feel they market their stuff to the more gulible newbie of the hobby. Most people who really get into it will move beyond what Traxxas has to offer. Obviously they have a good business model that works but they will recieve alot of flack for those kinds of practices.
I read a lot of comments and agree with this one a lot. You really have to upgrade a Traxxas vehicle to make it durable and for the cost of the models they should be more durable. Not to mention how greatly the trx 3.3 fails, weak con rod, weak piston/sleeve. I have spent enough on my Jato to buy 3. That's what they want. And by the time you wise up and get some experience in the game, you spend 2/3 as much for a quality buggie and it will last. I get why they do what they do, its strictly to make money but you don't earn loyalty and love for a brand that way.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think traxxas has any real problems that other Manifactures dont have have. I trust traxxas more than redcat, HSP, Great Vigor, Colt, EXC, & HBX. But they are nothing compared to losi
Old 12-28-2012, 05:44 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I hear people say that Traxxas models need to be heavily upgraded to be durable a lot, thing is there are more upgrades for Traxxas vehicles than any other brand so if you break something and you own a Traxxas you are more likely to upgrade that broken part and what do you know, the truck becomes more durable. I think it's a bit of a myth that you have to spend a fortune on upgrades just to get them to run, sure they have their weak points (most stuff does) but it's just not as bad as some people make out. If people were more specific about what in their opinion needed to be upgraded I would listen (by needed I mean if the part isn't upgraded it will break every five minutes under fairly normal driving conditions) but blanket statements like "they need to be upgraded to be durable" don't really mean much to me.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:07 PM
BKoz559

Its hard to say because maybe it's coincidental but I've seen many bent shock shafts on the 1/10 vehicles. Either my circle of friends is just rough on their trucks or the metal isntthe same qualty as other brands.

Specifically it has happened to: my 2wd Stampede, friends Rustler, other friends Slash 4x4, another friends Slash 4x4 andyet another friends 2wd Slash.  This is all since this summer.  However in fairness I was jumping my Stampede at a skatepark which is harsh on RCs.  My friends didnt go there, they usually drive at their own home or at the dry river bed.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:27 PM
9five9

I think about it this way - Most people who recently got into this hobby, they got into the hobby via Traxxas. Therefore Traxxas was their first RC vehicle. What happens to everyone's first vehicle? It gets the holy living crap beat out of it. I don't care who you are, your first RC is going to live a sucky life. By the time you get good at car control and operating your vehicle within its limits, your first RC is ready for the scrap pile. Screws are stripped and won't even tighten anymore. Stuff is cracked up. You're ready to move on to something else. That's exactly what I did so many years ago. And it wasn't that I moved on to vehicles that were more durable. I moved on to vehicles that were actually quite fragile compared to my first Traxxas vehicles. But I knew what to do and what not to do by that point. If I put my current gear through the crap I put my first Stampede through, I'd be spending far more than I ever did on that Stampede. I put that thing through the ringer. But my Traxxas cars I've owned, as durable as they were (for me), they'd never be capable of the speed and handling that my current cars are capable of.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:41 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear people say that Traxxas models need to be heavily upgraded to be durable a lot, thing is there are more upgrades for Traxxas vehicles than any other brand so if you break something and you own a Traxxas you are more likely to upgrade that broken part and what do you know, the truck becomes more durable. I think it's a bit of a myth that you have to spend a fortune on upgrades just to get them to run, sure they have their weak points (most stuff does) but it's just not as bad as some people make out. If people were more specific about what in their opinion needed to be upgraded I would listen (by needed I mean if the part isn't upgraded it will break every five minutes under fairly normal driving conditions) but blanket statements like ''they need to be upgraded to be durable'' don't really mean much to me.
The a arms are weak, minor jumping and broken. The steering and suspension bars will bend so easily. The gearing is light weight plastic and strips easily. The con rod is weak and breaks in the engine. I even had a wheel break after a minor jump. Shock tops will blow right off if you try and jump a little. What else should I describe for you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.