Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Which member's advice do you respect?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Which member's advice do you respect?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 06:52 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which member's advice do you respect?

Aww, what about me? I answer questions good.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:23 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What about Dragnse7en?
Old 11-03-2012, 06:43 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

What about Dragnse7en?
He was one of my favorites.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:50 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Ya, what did happen to BudBud?? He was always willing to help in any way he could. He'd even give away parts from his basement man cave of Savages.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: collector1231

If you nominate me then I'll nominate you.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

Ya, what did happen to BudBud?? He was always willing to help in any way he could. He'd even give away parts from his basement man cave of Savages.
I was going to mention him, but as he hasn't been active for a long time so I figured a fair amount of people wouldn't know him.

I've wondered what happened to him too he just all up and disappeared one day it seems. Kinda like TBJ who I miss arguing with
Old 11-05-2012, 09:02 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

phmaximus missed those arguments too,

and been a fellow ford man...
Old 11-06-2012, 06:20 AM
The Hedgehog

supertib
Old 11-06-2012, 06:28 AM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

[Kinda like TBJ who I miss arguing with
I have also been wondering what happened to TBJ. He reachedlike 8,000,000,000 posts and disappeared.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:28 PM
FahrtAutoRC

BKoz559

A gentleman and a scholar yup yup

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

ORIGINAL: collector1231

If you nominate me then I'll nominate you.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:15 PM
steed2-inactive

i always found dale gribble to be helpful, and unbiased. Havent seen him around as well as budbud and tbj. come on guys you have to really wonder why they left...!!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

What about Dragnse7en?
He likes heli's now

Old 11-06-2012, 03:54 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: steed2

i always found dale gribble to be helpful, and unbiased. Havent seen him around as well as budbud and tbj. come on guys you have to really wonder why they left...!!
dunno TBJ seemed to like fanning the flames of arguments
budbud no idea I never saw him once post off the savage board which is generally very civil.
dale he popped in once to say he was back, and vanished again.

Only thing I can think of is they got bored, hell I know I've been bored to the point I don't feel like logging on then fun topics like Traxxas haters opinions pops up
Old 11-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

dunno TBJ seemed to like fanning the flames of arguments
budbud no idea I never saw him once post off the savage board which is generally very civil.
dale he popped in once to say he was back, and vanished again.

Only thing I can think of is they got bored, hell I know I've been bored to the point I don't feel like logging on then fun topics like Traxxas haters opinions pops up
hahaha. I rememeber when the electric onroad forum used to be packed, now there is only like a post a day.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

hahaha. I rememeber when the electric onroad forum used to be packed, now there is only like a post a day.

and the "Users viewing this forum" would have like 15-30 people on average.
now its like 3-4 tops.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:51 PM
steed2-inactive

I wish the savage forum was busy like it used to be. Always new mods and ideas. Cool pictures and awesome trucks. Now it's dead
Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
steed2-inactive

And it seemed to happen over night
Old 11-06-2012, 07:41 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

And it seemed to happen over night
most of it happened when RCU was having the extreme problems with reading posts, responding, and whatnot for that month or so. I noticed a lot of the regulars leave then, and never came back after it was straightened out
Old 11-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Sigma.40

Coincidently, there's a VW forum I check periodically and I just saw thatTBJ posted on it on 11-02-2012. Well at least he's not dead ! Funny, he doesn't write in third person on other forums.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:05 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it seems like I'm dragging a good man's name through the mud then I must apologize up front. Additoinally, Foxy, Isaid I would let it go but this whole thing has been bugging me lately and I feel the need to open up about it. Maybe I'll be black-listed for this.

I've noticed many of the "older" RCU members asking about TBJ lately and I too am curious of his where-abouts. The short version is that Isent him $125 back in April to buy a RC vehicle from him and to this day he has yet to deliver. He stopped showing up on RCU, he stopped responding to my emails and Itried to contact him with on RCTech and some Jeep forum (can't remember the name) but was unsuccessful. All clues suggest that he is avoiding RCU and probably me in general. During the last conversation Ihad with him, which was sometime in June, he mentioned some personal matters that were taking up all of his free time. For a while Ijust decided to drop it and accept the loss. Lately, however, I am interested in making contact with him and ask him to return the money I sent. To hell with the truck, it's just a toy; I would much rather scrub the deal and take my money back and pretend nothing ever happened.

If someone here has a more personal connection with him perhaps you can help me out by asking him about this story I shared and see that he won't come through. I didn't want to believe that he was out to scam someone for a quick buck but, my experiences with him don't suggest otherwise. Anyhow, maybe this sheds some light on the TBJ story for some of you.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Haddi Taha

If it seems like I'm dragging a good man's name through the mud then I must apologize up front. Additoinally, Foxy, Isaid I would let it go but this whole thing has been bugging me lately and I feel the need to open up about it. Maybe I'll be black-listed for this.

I've noticed many of the "older" RCU members asking about TBJ lately and I too am curious of his where-abouts. The short version is that Isent him $125 back in April to buy a RC vehicle from him and to this day he has yet to deliver. He stopped showing up on RCU, he stopped responding to my emails and Itried to contact him with on RCTech and some Jeep forum (can't remember the name) but was unsuccessful. All clues suggest that he is avoiding RCU and probably me in general. During the last conversation Ihad with him, which was sometime in June, he mentioned some personal matters that were taking up all of his free time. For a while Ijust decided to drop it and accept the loss. Lately, however, I am interested in making contact with him and ask him to return the money I sent. To hell with the truck, it's just a toy; I would much rather scrub the deal and take my money back and pretend nothing ever happened.

If someone here has a more personal connection with him perhaps you can help me out by asking him about this story I shared and see that he won't come through. I didn't want to believe that he was out to scam someone for a quick buck but, my experiences with him don't suggest otherwise. Anyhow, maybe this sheds some light on the TBJ story for some of you.
thats... quite interesting

Old 11-06-2012, 11:19 PM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

i can survive without junkie, i suppose. he did know how to get a thread locked, however. and i agree you can't rightly police writing quality or grammar. anywayit's extremely rare, in my experience, that oneflat out cannot understand a post.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: silvermansteve

i can survive without junkie, i suppose. he did know how to get a thread locked, however. and i agree you can't rightly police writing quality or grammar. anywayit's extremely rare, in my experience, that oneflat out cannot understand a post.
I only understood 1 in 4 of xerxes posts

Old 11-07-2012, 03:57 AM
steed2-inactive

I actually found xerxes posts not hard to read at all. The best part was that he genuinely had good knowledge. Half the time (or more) he seemed to have more sound rc knowledge than the people that got their panties all wound up over his post. Micro managing.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Sigma.40

Well. if it helps, here's the link to his profile on that VW forum. Maybe if you harrass him there he'll pay up. It seems he's been pretty active there. Good luck, man, that sucks.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/member.php?u=51856

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.