Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rookie looking for some help

i bought a redcat volcano exp pro. luv it. next year i will buy a traxxis. however. i'm looking to buy a electric truck for my son. he is 4 yrs old. my truck does about 20mph with the cheap battery that came with it. however thats to fast for him. he really loves my truck. so i want to get him a descent size one thats alittle slower then mine so he can handle it. i really want to stay under $100.00 if all possible. does anyome have any ideas that would be a good one for him?

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Rookie looking for some help

Best to start them off on a toy grade, see how they like it. It's surprising what you can get for 40-50 bucks in the toy segment these days. You won't find any hobby grades that are a worthy purchase for $100 I'm afraid.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some of the micro losi's are very close to ur price range, but if u could squeez a little bit more there are great
    [link]http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-4WD-HBX-1-10-CROSS-TIGER-BONZER-XT-MONSTER-TRUCK-RTR-RC-/190748439946?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item2c697e358a[/link]

They are a exact Tamiya TL01b clone,and there is heaps of upgrades available too..
    LOSI: 5IVE-T, 8IGHT-E, MICRO SCT
    Tamiya: TL01MT, TL01B, TA01RA, Clodbuster
    Traxxas: Slash 2wd, Axial: SCX10 Honcho
    Hobao: Hyper 10e, River Hobby X-Ranger

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yea he already had a toy grade of course doesnt work very well. and i hold the controller on mine. so i can steer while he gives it the gas. and he really digs it. so i want to get him one that can run outside along with mine. just not as fast, it can be smaller. mine is a 1/10 scale. just need one that can go through grass.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

could always look at the ECX
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...r-gray-ECX1100 $99 shipped
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...r-blue-ECX3100 $99
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...orange-ECX3000 $99
    seems they changed the electronics to waterproof, radio to 2.4ghz, and slapped $80 onto the price tag and are just getting rid of the non-waterproof, AM stock

as for making it slower could always tape a piece of foam behind the trigger to limit the throttle to slow it down or get a higher turn motor.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: budbuzz350

yea he already had a toy grade of course doesnt work very well. and i hold the controller on mine. so i can steer while he gives it the gas. and he really digs it. so i want to get him one that can run outside along with mine. just not as fast, it can be smaller. mine is a 1/10 scale. just need one that can go through grass.
    If he would be willing to go with a bit smaller truck, the redcat tremor 1/16 models would work. The remote is a bit smaller than the one for the volcano (better for smaller hands) and the truck does 15mph at most. It has fast acceleration and 4wd, just not a fast stop speed.

Its under $100 RTR.

I just made a short vid bashing mine at a skate park:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49vSxDRsJLU

Edit: the tremor is fine for packed dirt/pavement ect. It wont do well in grass tho. To low to the ground.

The Redcat twister XB (brushed) or volcano epx (brushed) are a bit over $100, but they will go threw grass.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,