Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

exhaust for lrp

Just wondering if anyone might have suggestions for a new exhaust for my losi 8t 2.0 with lrp .28 engine. I race with friends (not serious) on a small tight track & also long open track. thanks in advance for input.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: exhaust for lrp

I had good success with a Jammin JP3 and even the stock Losi was good for that engine. Many people also like the Ofna 053 but I have never used that one. The LRP .28 is the identical engine as the Losi 454 your 8ight came with BTW.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for responding yakfish. i have been looking at the jp exhaust but didn't know which one to go with
    ORIGINAL: yakfish

I had good success with a Jammin JP3 and even the stock Losi was good for that engine. Many people also like the Ofna 053 but I have never used that one. The LRP .28 is the identical engine as the Losi 454 your 8ight came with BTW.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The JP-2 IMO is the best pipe for power for the Spec 3/454. Haven't tried a JP-3 though. Also very good would be a 2047, and so probably a 2072, which afaik is an update of the former.. I once ran with a guy who had some kind of STS or SH pipe I think.. Was awesome.. The 053 IMO SUCKS.... Kills top end.. I say JP-2 or 2047... JP-4 sounds kind of lame, but runtime and power are decent.. The Tsais big block pipes were good - T36 I think..
    Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im still keeping the losi "HT" pipe as one of my favorites. Every engine I put that pipe with worked together really well. Also you can still find those for $15-$30 shipped on flebay
    Call me what I am. I am Kolossus

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

True.. The stock Losi pipes are good..
    Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I really like the ofna 086 pipe on this engine, but I like the jammin JP-2 header to go along with it as it is a bit longer and smoother.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ERCM 221T truggy version. It's expensive, but the performance is superior to that of any conventional pipe with an abbreviated convergent cone and restrictive multi-chamber design. Makes a JP-2/JP-3/086 look like a canister muffler.

http://www.extremercmods.com/pipes
    \"Politicians and diapers are both full of crap and should be changed regularly\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats a $120.00 pipe for a $150.00 engine? Would we not be better off spending the wad on a better engine than? I have never seen this pipe or know anyone with it, is the performance worth 3 times the cost? If it is in all seriousness, I am going to buy one..........cause they look really freekin cool! [8D]