Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What kind of RC's are these

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of RC's are these

Hey guys I bought a HPI savage x 4.6 that was in parts on craigslist it was grouped with a Traxxas slayer (i think) and then had several different incomplete rc's and chassis in the same bundle.

I need help identifying a couple of the incomplete chassis I got.

this one i have no idea what it is.

is this next one a rustler.. or?

and i think this next one is the same as the one i thinks a rustler

I got dozens of tires and random parts with the bundle I got.

the main reason I made the deal was the Savage and the Slayer (neither pictured) but you can see part of the savage in the background of the pics. When I got it the only complete car was the traxxas slayer. and it starts up and runs pretty good. but it wont stay running for very long. I havn't really messed with it much. The savage was in pieces I've only recently started putting it together but with no previous RC knowledge or assembly guide it's going rather slow.

I didn't spend money on these I traded a Memphis 1000D amp that I havn't used since highschool. I valued the amp around $250 which based on that price I think I made a hell of a deal. especially if I get the savage running.

The one i'm most interested in is the 4wd in the first pictures. the others are both rwd.

Anyways let me know what you think and any insight you can give me is very appreciated. I saw these posted on craigslist and saw it as a good oppertunity to get into the hobby. There was also a couple electric losi's one i've pieced together and now have running. Its rather slow though and i'm looking into upgrading it soon.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:35 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What kind of RC's are these

The last two pics are a Traxxas Jato, and the one above that Looks like a Traxxas Nitro Sport? but it could be an older ruster? I have no idea what the first one is.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:43 AM

thanks after comparing to photos of the models you mentioned Id have to agree.  any idea on the 4wd in the first pics?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its either an exceed or redcat 1/10 nitro.

look up the redcat tornado s30. youll see. there is a buggy and truck form of the same chassis.

that jato looks to have redcat caldera big bore shocks on it.

what did you pay for the lot?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 PM

I traded a memphis 1000d car radio amplifier for them.  the amp is worth around 250.  I was selling it on craigslist without any luck until this guy with the RC's offered a trade.  

I'll start a new thread showing everything I got for the amp.  I think it was a good deal but would like others opinions.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

you canprobably finda manual for the savage in here. Really helps when you're not familiar with a vehicle.

http://rcdocuments.com/?page=1
Old 11-14-2012, 01:50 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Big Alice

you can probably find a manual for the savage in here. Really helps when you're not familiar with a vehicle.

http://rcdocuments.com/?page=1
easier to go straight to the source for the savage's instructions http://www.hpiracing.com/instructions/

and to the op if you were only looking for $250 for the amp you seem to have made a damn good deal cause savage rollers go for $200+ even in poor shape
Old 11-14-2012, 04:47 PM

damn i didn't know savages were that valuable.  but it was one of the main reasons i made the trade.  

Old 11-14-2012, 04:53 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez. as dirty as those things are, how can you tell what model?

I just don't get how people invest in this expensive hobby and don't take care of their vehicles with even a simply cleaning (not calling you out, I know you just bought them).
Old 11-14-2012, 05:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2013

damn i didn't know savages were that valuable. but it was one of the main reasons i made the trade.

yup I bought a .21 about 2 years ago for a project, and spent $220 shipped on it (had a .26 motor, set of stock tires, newer servo, and 2 shells) I remember a .25 sold for $250 5 mins before (I was watching both)that had no motor, servo, tires, or exhaust
My savage X like 4 years ago I paid $210 (shipped) but that sucker was in pristine condition and was ran I'd say not even 5 tanks (but the motor was fried as guy leaned it out to insane levels)
They only went up in value
Best thing about the savages which I think that make them retain value is the parts from the new ones can be used on the old ones if something breaks.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:36 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

its either an exceed or redcat 1/10 nitro.

look up the redcat tornado s30. youll see. there is a buggy and truck form of the same chassis.

that jato looks to have redcat caldera big bore shocks on it.

what did you pay for the lot?
I was gonna say Redcat with Traxxas shocks maybe. Before I saw your post.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

The Jato's shocks are original. They are kind of a larger bore, shorter shaft shock. They work pretty well though.