Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Quick Poll For Racers

I always hear "go to your local track...." when inquiring about racing, but I'm also curious about the global racing scene as well. I'd appreciate learning more about those who do race on here.

1. How long have you been racing?
    2. What class(es) do you race?
    3. What is your favorite car to race (per class)
    4. What is your favorite class to race?
    5. What class and/or carwould you lke to race that you haven't?

Thanks

Mugen MBX6R, HB D8T, Losi 8 2.0, Savage X 4.6, Losi 810, Hyper 7, Exceed Forza
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NitroRCNerds

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Quick Poll For Racers

Been racing since 2006. I race only dirt oval, indoors, outdoors both but just Nitro right now. Stopped racing electrics last year, kinda got aggrivated with it. I find the tracks I go to on Dirtoval.com. I am mostly into 1/8th scale latemodel racing now and I am presently running Ofna based cars. So that is my fav right now......I do this for pure fun and to hangout with friends @ track. I was hard core running for the points championship and trophies back in 2008 and it kinda got old......Now I just come to have fun so the outcome does not determine if I had a fun night of racing or not.

This year I placed 3rd in the points for 1/8th latemodel, and 8th in points in the 1/8 latemodel outlaw class. Woohoo, who flippin cares, it was fun. I still wanna do it next year so it's all good......[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1. How long have you been racing?: Since 2008.
    2. What class(es) do you race? Stock Slash, 1/10 Buggy 2WD, 4x4 short course.
    3. What is your favorite car to race (per class). Buggy; my Team Associated B4.1. 4x4 SC; OFNA Nexx10SC.
    4. What is your favorite class to race? 4X4 SC.
    5. What class and/or car would you lke to race that you haven't? 1/10 2wd short course, with a Team Durango DEXSC210. 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been a racer since 1990, so yea, Iam an old fart!!
    Started out on the carpet with 1/10th and 1/12th scale stock and stuck with those untill the lipo/brushless thing came along.
    Still racin the rug with the local club. I run Vintage Trans Am road corse, BModified (B4 with EDM body, 17.5 blinky) and my fav, a Darkside Tornado pan car when I can.
    Not much pan car carpet oval racing here in the Dakotas though so it's a road trip to Omaha or Minneapolis to run the rug.
    Go fast, turn left, repeat as needed!!!
    My spelling sucks, get over it!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't like racing very much, given my local circumstances. I'm sure there are lots of places where it would be far cooler...

1.) Two local races a year, with an excellent chance of at least one getting cancelled due to weather..
    2.) Getting really into it practically requires a mobile home to travel to other races..
    3.) PIA to find a pit guy..
    4.) uptight, fun-sapping mentality..
    5.) If you're going to do it, you have to go all in and spend a fortune..
    6.) The neverending appetite for novelty for its own sake may well mean your huge investment is at least partially obsolete - or at least perceiced that way - after six months..
    7.) One race is simply too time-consuming. An entire weekend, morning to night is too much..

Add to that that nowadays, instead of just one other class to wait for, there are multiple with all the lame electric classes.. Electric and nitro need to be kept separate afaic..

Etc..

I love burning nitro, so I'll race when I can, but the stars really have to be in alignment for that to happen - weather, work, family obligations, etc..

I like both truggy and buggy.. Buggy generally has more numbers, but also more uptight people.. Still, with truggies, there are always a few of those too.. I race against myself mostly, but being really competitive, do enjoy going for it against people more or less at my level(budget, time, seriousness, etc..)
    Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage
    3.) PIA to find a pit guy..
    Is it required to have a pit guy, even for just rec/club racing?While I've been to the track where I plan tostart my own race,guys were there just practicing. They do have a racing stand and a pit table (see attached pic).If not required, do you guys just run down from the stand as needed, or...?

I agree it will be a PIA finding someone. I have a lot of friends who would do it for me-but they know nothing about rc cars, so that would not work. My only other option is my son (he's 12). He can fuel up,change/tighten tires, etc. However, swapping out aclutch or anything would take him a while to do.Seeing as he's a better driver than I am,doing the reverse would be no problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki18120.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	1821216  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Defo get him into it.. Problem(s) sorted..

You'll have to buy him a buggy though ha ha..
    Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Defo get him into it.. Problem(s) sorted..

You'll have to buy him a buggy though ha ha..
    Oh he's in to it, and has a buggy (Hyper 7). Might not be the best for racing...but I won't tell him that;-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

I always hear "go to your local track...." when inquiring about racing, but I'm also curious about the global racing scene as well. I'd appreciate learning more about those who do race on here.

Thanks

1. Off and on since 1999
    2. Currently 2WD buggy and 2WD SC. Once the EXO is ready I'll see if they'll let me run it with 4x4 SC's
    3. I really only have 1 car per class so by default those are my favorites; B4 for buggy and a SC10 for SC class
    4. Buggy because they are fast, agile and a real chore to drive. They keep you on your toes
    5. 4x4 SC, 1/8 electric truggy or 1/10 touring car

RDD Raceway Hobby Shop / Madera, CA
    Slot Cars - RC - Models - Toys

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is it required to have a pit guy, even for just rec/club racing?Β*While I've been to the track where I plan toΒ*start my own race,Β*guys were there just practicing. They do have a racing stand and a pit table (see attached pic).Β*If not required, do you guys just run down from the stand as needed, or...?
    The only time you need a pit guy is for longer mains where you need refueling. Also, if you needed a tuning adjustment or had a minor issue, your pit man will take care of it, but mainly the pit man refuels you and sends you back out on the track unless you have other issues.

I would like to race, but there is nowhere close locally. Honestly I love nitro, but think if I was going to race it would be an electric class. Wouldnt have to worry about a pit man and things like that. I guess I just wouldnt be serious enough about it because I wouldnt care for it taking up a whole day either. Really just an empty track to run on would make me happy for a long while
    - Savage - MGT Pulling Truck - Losi LST2 - Brushless Blitz - RC10GT (getting a 2.5) - Brushless T4 - Sportwerks Mayhem Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks

1. I don't race officialy sometimes just make shift tracks with friends
    2. Unoffical Touring
    3. Touring- Tamiya TB03 but I might get a ta06 pro one day
    4. Unofiicial Stock Touring- Cheap, fun and most people have a car to work use
    5. Might do official clu touring car races one day at SMA....

Thunder Tiger MT4 G3- Tamiya TA06 Pro