Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

PHMaximus's Projects... NEW PIC'S

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 06:30 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PHMaximus's Projects... NEW PIC'S

Hey people, Ive got a few projects im doing slowly week by week. So rather than making a few threads ill keep them all in this on.

One of the projects is im converting a Losi 8ight to electric. Ive got a long way to go with that one, all ive done is the body. but its a good starting point
As u can see in the 2 pics below Ive painted the 8ight to match my 5ive. Very happy with the way it turned out, First time using liquid mask.

Another project is im experimenting with liquid mask and more detailed paint jobs, im feeling more confident with the 2nd time using liquid mask.
This is the mock up I done by hand, then the edited computer coloured one, and lastly the progress so far. Ive changed the edges slightly to brake it up slightly

Still have the green to paint, im thinking Tamiya fluro with chrome backing. well i hope it works
Old 11-17-2012, 06:34 AM
phmaximus

Default RE: PHMaximus's Projects... NEW PIC'S

Another project ive been very slowly working on and collecting parts for is a 1/10 rally car.
Its a Tamiya TA01 that im restoring bit by bit untill its like brand new.
Here is the progress so far

Its hard to tell from the pic but its got a brushed alloy look to the stripes for effect, not entirely happy with the look, but it will do for now
Ive got a bit more painting on the cockpit, the driver is all complete
Old 11-17-2012, 06:47 AM
phmaximus

Anothe Project.

Im Building a 1/10 High speed car, not to sure on much yet, or how its going to geared and what brushless combo, At the moment ive been trying to get some pan car wheels working on it (I cut the wheels to the offset i needed, just need to glue the 1/2s together, ive got the wheels just need some tyres.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you got your hands full 
Old 11-18-2012, 04:42 AM
phmaximus

heaps to do so little money.... these things are sending me broke, This is only the cars that are not running,
Ive got all these plans for the other cars... I sware sometimes I like tinkering with them more than driving them.
I get so excited when I here the post mans knock, "its fixing time" no kidding my favourite bit im customising my cars with upgrades.

Like ATM im waiting on a alloy steering bellcranks, hardened diff cups for the TL01 and a rechargabe battery pack for my controller.... COME ON POST MAN

Maby I should move to Hong Kong
Old 11-18-2012, 04:51 AM
phmaximus

Well i got the E10 Drift car going today, I went digging and found most of the parts I needed. All it needs now is a receiver so i dont have to borrow one from the other cars. Its been sitting for over a year!!! poor thing. well it should be happy now Ive cheaned out all the bearings and its now running a 4300kv motor on a lower gearing(from 34t to 24t on the pinion)

Im triling silicon spray for the bearings, any one ever done that? ive found it great for tamiya gear sets
Old 11-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My post man always beeps with his van when he comes by seeing me drive my thunder tiger mt4.... I am a common customer
Old 11-20-2012, 02:08 AM
phmaximus

Well here is a little pic of the drift car im getting going again after been sitting on a shelf for over a year!!! NO KIDDING

I Jacked up the car it up and replaced all 4 brake discs, I all so deglazed the pads, cleaned the calipers, lubed the slides and adjusted the hand brake

Next im going to do a 3 cut buff on the paint work and strip of the window tint. Oh and the muffler has fallen off so i need to reattach it.

Ill get some better pics soon, the in laws have the DSLR, so ive been using a iphone (not the best camera)
Old 11-20-2012, 09:03 PM
phmaximus

Well here it is, its my 2nd attempt at using liquid mask, ive learnt a bit this time around, but still happy with the result.

Tell us what u think and what needs improving. I Need critics, I cant improve if I dont know what im doing wrong

ATM my plans are to sell this body to buy another one, and keep practicing

Alclad II Chrome, Tamiya Black & Tamiya Light Green