Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hello everyone

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Nitro Andrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone

Hey guys, this is Andrew. I'm "JohnP2" son. I read this website a lot and decided to create my own account.

I am 12 years old but have been into nitro rc cars for almost a year. Right now I have a Savage X 4.6 and a Hyper 7. I also have a Forza but don't like it much and my dad is always working on it. We have a Losi 810 but my dad does not let me drive it much. I like bashing a lot, and have started driving on a track which is very cool. I love it!

I like buggies so my dad is getting me a Losi 8ight for x-mas to race. He said that is a good car to get me started with racing until I get the car I can't wait for and that is the TeamAssociated 8.2 buggy. Does anyone on here have the Losi 8ight and if so do you like it? I am not worried about racing people older than me. I like to go slow until I feel comfortable and then go faster. I am good a jumping but get scared going to fast sometimes. I think my dad is better but I won in the times we raced. haha We are going to practice racing a lot during the holdidays.

Anyway I just want to say hi and introduce myself.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:51 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Hello everyone

Welcome to the site! I think we have all heard about you more than a few times. Im glad you guys are enjoying the hobby. Its a 100 times more constructive for you than playing video games or watching TV all day. It gets you outside in the fresh air and allows you to have some real fun! [8D]

The Losi is a great buggy. I like Associated better than Losi for the most part, but the Losi 8ight buggies are some of the best out there.

One other thing.. be sure and experience a lot of different r/c's before you stock up on many different brands/types of the same vehicle. One r/c I would like to try would be the Associated SC10GT... They look like a lot of fun and the 2wd SC type truck will really teach you to drive good seeing as they have quite a lack of traction compared to a 1/8th buggy I have found that it gets boring if you have a lot of the same vehicle. Its nice to have several different things that have drastically different driving characteristics to spice things up some.

Regardless, just have fun and enjoy yourself!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome

Wish my 12yo nephew was more into RC's than he is. Now he is now addicted to that infernal xbox 360 (which I got his to turn off on thanksgiving cause I royally whooped on his butt in all the multi-player games he has ) even though he has a perfectly good Tamiya DF-02, and a stampede

Also don't mind the semi dead forums as this place is always slow time of year
Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum Andrew! We have heard you mentioned so many times I was wonder when you would show up yourself! Sound like you guys are neck deep into this great hobby and it sounds like it just gets better and better for you. Good to have you aboard!

I have had a couple 8ight 2.0 buggies and an 8ight 2.0 truggy. It will handle much the same but a little better than your Hyper 7 (which is also very good I have had 4 of them!) but the fit and finish is nicer on the 8ight and I think the 8ight is a little easier to work on. I think you will be very happy with it.[8D]
Old 11-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Nitro Andrew

Thanks guys. And I do love x-box.  Playing football, x-box and rc cars are my favorite activities. One day I might try the little trucks, but buggies are just cool because you can do almost anything with them. Thank you guys for the advice on the Losi eight 2.0. I'm excited about using a starting box. Im not so good with the pull starts.  and I can't wait to break it in. Gonna take it to the track a few days after christmas. I also want to get a clear body for it so i can paint it Dallas Cowboys colors, my team! Silver, blue, and white with the Cowboys logo on it. I'll put up a picture on here when I finish the paint job, and my dad will video tape me breaking it in for our youtube channel
Old 11-30-2012, 07:46 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Nitro Andrew

Thanks guys. AndI do love x-box. Playing football, x-box and rc cars are my favorite activities. One day I might try the little trucks, but buggies are just cool because you can do almost anything with them. Thank you guys for the advice on the Losi eight 2.0. I'm excited about using a starting box. Im not so good with the pull starts. and I can't wait to break it in. Gonna take it to the track a few days after christmas. I also want to get a clear body for it so i can paint it Dallas Cowboys colors, my team! Silver, blue, and white with the Cowboys logo on it. I'll put upa picture on here when I finish the paint job, and my dad will video tape me breaking itin for our youtube channel
Nice ideas and welcome to the fourms! I hear ya about the pullstarts. I broke mine on break-in, lol! Then i switched to a Sullivan RotoStart and never looked back.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 PM
DieHarder

Hey, welcome to the forums Andrew! Funny thing is, I'm 12 yrs too. I'll be turning 13 in January. I'm into the electric off-road class and race around the yard alot. I've got a Duratrax Evader ST that is severely upgraded. I can tell you just about anything about electric rc boats and cars. (Both on-road and off-road) I just went out and bought a (With early Christmas money) Losi Micro Brushless SCT. Love Losi! Let me say something though, don't buy a Duratrax, electric or nitro. The parts availability is awful![:@] They are great quality though. I got into the hobby at age 6 with a Tamiya TT-01 Monster Truck, then my Duratrax Evader ST. Had a few cheap Radio Shack thingys before that. I love hobby shops, and love the hobby. I haven't gotten into nitro yet due to dad worrying that I'd have trouble with it. I'm quite good with engines, but as you know, electricity is cheaper that nitro. Maybe someday though, I love how they scream down the street.[8D] Once again..Welcome!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:15 PM
kowallbattery

factory promtion!
5000mah 30C 7.4V hardcase $15.99/pc MOQ 300PCS WITH 1.5 YEARS quality warranty