Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New Nitro 2WD Slash

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:42 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Nitro 2WD Slash

Check it out. Traxxas is releasing a 2WD nitro Slash.

http://traxxas.com/products/models/n...4054nitroslash

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9MIgqW5fDE&feature=g-u[/youtube]
Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: New Nitro 2WD Slash

I figured they would have called it a Slayer 2WD.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:03 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Hahahaha yeah those 3.3s sound just like a v8.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

pointless.  nobody has bothered with the Associated nitro short course truck.  why add to a class that no one gives a crap about?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM
FahrtAutoRC

My first knee-jerk reaction was "Oh S$^t, WHY?!?!?!" But now, the more I think about it, my reaction is still the same [&:]

Traxxas is doing so much to shoehorn themselves into EVERY corner of the market that it's ridiculous. It's making the RC market look more and more like an off-balance game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. I don't hate, I own a Traxxas myself, but I do disapprove. Why not work on providing better quality of equipment and simplify the machines you already have before you make yet another platform in yet another genre, when they only time the equipment is ever "Best-in-Class" is when it is the only one IN that class?
Old 12-03-2012, 03:04 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeing as they sponsor the TORC series, it makes sense that they would want to make both nitro and electric 2wd and 4wd. This lets them sell traxxas driver themed trucks for both 2 and 4wd TORC trucks. Besides, it looks like most of the parts came straight from existing parts bins. Smart business to me.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:25 PM
suburban_hooligan

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

Seeing as they sponsor the TORC series, it makes sense that they would want to make both nitro and electric 2wd and 4wd. This lets them sell traxxas driver themed trucks for both 2 and 4wd TORC trucks. Besides, it looks like most of the parts came straight from existing parts bins. Smart business to me.
making something nobody is going to buy is smart business?
even if it's 100% existing parts you have to pay for the cost of putting it together. 10 years ago when people actually gave a crap about nitro these trucks might have sold. today, nobody cares.

on a side note it just occurred to me. i wonder if in typical dumbass traxxas fashion if it will do 60mph out of the box
Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

So basically they took a Nitro Rustler, stretched the chassis and upper brace, slapped a Slash body and bumpers on it and call it a NSlash.

I guess that will work, they did it with the SC10 so why not, someone will buy it because its a Slash and its a nitro.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:12 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: suburban_hooligan

even if it's 100% existing parts you have to pay for the cost of putting it together. 10 years ago when people actually gave a crap about nitro these trucks might have sold. today, nobody cares.

on a side note it just occurred to me. i wonder if in typical dumbass traxxas fashion if it will do 60mph out of the box [img][/img]
lol Good Guess, in the video I posted above it mentions 60mph... right out of the box.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:25 PM
suburban_hooligan

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

on a side note it just occurred to me. i wonder if in typical dumbass traxxas fashion if it will do 60mph out of the box[img][/img]
lol Good Guess, in the video I posted above it mentions 60mph... right out of the box.
i didn't watch the video. hmmm... maybe im psychic!? ...or maybe traxxas is just that predictable and ridiculous

Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

on a side note it just occurred to me. i wonder if in typical dumbass traxxas fashion if it will do 60mph out of the box [img][/img]
i didn't watch the video. hmmm... maybe im psychic!? ...or maybe traxxas is just that predictable and ridiculous

I'll go with the latter.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool
Old 12-03-2012, 06:51 PM
suburban_hooligan

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

on a side note it just occurred to me. i wonder if in typical dumbass traxxas fashion if it will do 60mph out of the box[img][/img]

Just because u don't care, it doesn't mean there is no market, I mean are u making this stuff up, talking out ur ass, or do u study Rc car markets professionally. I think u need to be schooled on how more popular nirto racing over electric.
Just because u have a strong opinion it does not mean its a fact. And do u think u know more about marketing than traxxas? Lmao,

People said crap like that when the first slash was released, boy do they look stupid now. No kidding read the first few pages of the slash thread.... It's funny as. People and there stupid opinions
it's not that i don't care. it's that nobody cared when AE did it. they put out the SC10GT and nobody cared. people's overall attitude seemed to be "ok cool, but who cares, it's not as good as my brushless *fill in the blank*". sales are super low. low enough to not care about. iv yet to see one in person. haven't even seen one on a hobby shop shelf. not even the typical 14 year old internet superstars "friend" has one, that's how popular they are. it's a largely forgotten about release.
the popularity of nitro im sure changes from place to place. i know around me, aside from racing you'll see a nitro once in a blue moon. easyily 100 to 1 in favor of electric. id be willing to bet that locally for me large scale gas cars are more popular than 1/10 and 1/8 scale nitro combined. i know locally electric racing is way more popular than anything else right now.
i remember back in the 90's nitro got simple enough that people were switching to it because of the easy performance gains and run times. now electric technology has way surpassed nitro technology and everybody is doing that now. brushless just decimated the nitro market.
you can look at most RC forums. nitro is still around, still has it's hold outs and dedicated few. but it's not anywhere near as fast moving or participated in as electric.

the only bad mouthing of the electric slash i remember was that the CG was to high, it was to heavy, the factory tune sucked ass, and a lot of people didn't like the body. but the main argument i remember from back then was people claiming that it was the first of its kind. and the more seasoned hobbyists who have been around awhile were like ...uhhh, no it's not. this concept has been tried a minimum of twice already.

unless people buy strictly because of blind brand loyalty (and it is a traxxas, so that is a possibility) this thing is going to flop just like the SC10GT is doing.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

suburban_hooligan I think the nitro scrt10 flopped too as you never hear of it. Seems in SCT no one really cares much for nitros. I'm guessing its probably cause they also mostly use small block nitro engines which seem to have lost a ton of ground in a short time, and unlike the 1/8th buggies, and truggies the small blocks are kinda more finicky specially in larger trucks IMO
Old 12-03-2012, 07:34 PM
phmaximus

Ive heard that too IMO the Slash was the first true offroad SCT.
I hope ur not comparing the tamiya trophy truck ot it? its just a touring car with a body
or the AE SCT, that was just a optional body set. and by the looks no wonder they dident sell very well
but the big killer for that debait is traxxas was the first company to make one from a SCT, not a desert/enduro truck. people that have been in the hobby for a long time know this, and most have first hand experance with the tamiya DF01,TA01,TA02,m1025 chassis. Some even own a slash

here have a goodlook, would u seriously compare these to trucks?

would u compare these 2?

I dont see how it wont take off, very modern paintjobs,brand name tyres, scale looking body and wheels.... its right on the mark for looks.
nitro is still a big seller here, and with all of traxxas advertising and marketing, they will make it big! just they did with the first slash.

All the new traxxas cars are selling, where people said they were a flop
Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 PM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

suburban_hooligan I think the nitro scrt10 flopped too as you never hear of it. Seems in SCT no one really cares much for nitros. I'm guessing its probably cause they also mostly use small block nitro engines which seem to have lost a ton of ground in a short time, and unlike the 1/8th buggies, and truggies the small blocks are kinda more finicky specially in larger trucks IMO
I think that was a flop because of poor marketing.

good marketing can change a culture. ever heard of Ken Block and monster energy drinks? what about Red Bull? Nike? ADIDAS? its just product placement.
these names/brands make people feel wanted/cool/speical when they are assisoated with them, so its like a feel good. all traxxas need to do is get that speical feeling people crave assisoated with the nitro slash and get some famous people to indorse it.

im very intrested to know if the nirto slash will be faster around a proper track than its brother because of the more useable power band on a nitro motor.
and the fact its got ezstart will attract people
Old 12-03-2012, 08:17 PM
suburban_hooligan

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Ive heard that too IMO the Slash was the first true offroad SCT.
I hope ur not comparing the tamiya trophy truck ot it? its just a touring car with a body
or the AE SCT, that was just a optional body set. and by the looks no wonder they dident sell very well
but the big killer for that debait is traxxas was the first company to make one from a SCT, not a desert/enduro truck. people that have been in the hobby for a long time know this, and most have first hand experance with the tamiya DF01,TA01,TA02,m1025 chassis. Some even own a slash

here have a goodlook, would u seriously compare these to trucks?

would u compare these 2?

I dont see how it wont take off, very modern paintjobs,brand name tyres, scale looking body and wheels.... its right on the mark for looks.
nitro is still a big seller here, and with all of traxxas advertising and marketing, they will make it big! just they did with the first slash.

All the new traxxas cars are selling, where people said they were a flop

depends on how you look at it.
if you try to compare the tamiya to a slash, yea it sounds stupid. but if you look at when that truck came out, and what the 1:1 trucks were and what they were capable of at the time. believe it or not its a pretty scale representation in both looks and performance.
i don't suppose you remember the mickey thompson stadium truck series do you?
in the late 90's there was the kyosho landmax ford f-150. it kinda had the same thing going on.
think about it, all 2wd short course trucks are little more than stretched out stadium trucks (or in the slash's case a monster truck). it's a 20+ year old design that could exceed full scale capability's. what made the slash seem like the first is that the performance of the full sized trucks were to a point where a scale RC version finally offered enough performance and bashing capability that it was acceptable for a wide range of hobbyists.

it was the full sized trucks performance and technology gains that finally made the RC concept work.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

pointless. nobody has bothered with the Associated nitro short course truck. why add to a class that no one gives a crap about?
Presumptuous much?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:48 PM
On2_n_On4

pointless. nobody has bothered with the Associated nitro short course truck. why add to a class that no one gives a crap about?
Cause beginners and the traxxas fanboys will buy anything with a traxxas logo on it.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:04 AM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

and vice versa it seems.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:27 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: silvermansteve

and vice versa it seems.
LOL I see what you did there.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: On2_n_On4

Cause beginners and the traxxas fanboys will buy anything with a traxxas logo on it.

And this is an excellent reason for Traxxas to do it. Very smart business on their part.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:02 AM
steed2-inactive

I would like to see traxxas come out with something new, they havent released anything "new" in awhile. They just keep chopping, streching and modifying platforms, and to me i have no interest in it. Thats just me though, while its frustrating for me, that doesnt matter, I am not the target market, they are doing so well for good reason, they have got it all frigured out. Why have more R&D costs when you can just modify, current platforms and make more money, and more money than anyone else probably is.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 AM
suburban_hooligan

ORIGINAL: steed2
Why have more R&D costs when you can just modify, current platforms and make more money, and more money than anyone else probably is.
because if everybody had that attitude we would be running mutated tamiya grasshoppers.
concord moments are requirred to sustain long term success. standing still with clever marketing only goes so far when everybody around you is running forwards progressing. eventually marketing can't bridge the gap between you and your compititions superior technology.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:34 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually think its kinda cool.

Lets face it, the nitro rustler needed an update. Why not make it longer (more stable) and slap a scale looking SCT body on it?

I like that they made the fuel tank a bit bigger as well.

Im not a nitro fan....or rather, I dont often run nitro. I love the sound, smell and destinctive performance. But I hate all the extra work involved in running a nitro.

But if I was to buy a new nitro.... a 3.3 sized, SCT truck would be tempting for me.

many on RCU tend to bash traxxas. Yes, the often re-use chassis for making new models. Thus we feel cheated as we dont often get offered truely "new" models. But lets face it, why would they change what they are doing? It works. No doubt their sales are good.
The mini market was kinda slow, yet they released the mini slash/summit/revo and you see them everywhere.

some of traxxas recent models (or rather, remakes) havent impressed me much. but having owned a couple of nitro rustlers in the past and knowing that they were fun and pretty decent bashers....a longer more stable SCT version of the rustler seems to me like a decent truck.

And I dont doubt that properly tuned the 3.3 in that chassis wont do 55mph or better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.