Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Thunder Tiger e-MTA

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 06:22 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger e-MTA

Wow the folks at Thunder Tiger have been thinking outside of the box.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:35 AM
steed2-inactive

Default RE: Thunder Tiger e-MTA

wow that looks badass!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 AM
ejc34710

Niiice..
Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this car a belt drive ?

I Am not sure about not having a aluminum chassis ...

is the regular MT4 still available ?

would be interesting to see if this is as durable as a traditional truggy design......
Old 12-11-2012, 08:56 AM
supertib

one thing I dont like is the lack of a common hing pin plate.....the front arms are just pinned into the plastic bulkhead which is going to make it much more fragile in the front end compared to a standard truggy with a traditional hinge pin plate............ I also don't like how thin the hinge pins look, they look like something from a 1/10th......... to me this machine does not look like it is going to be anywhere near the durability of the other MT4............If those hinge pins aren't braced you will be tearing off the bulkheads every time you catch an arm.....Of course unless there is a encased aluminum plate that we cant see(which I doubt).....But from what I see here this design is not of the same caliber as the other MT4.......call me a skeptic, but what I see here looks more like some goofy no name car then a real hobby grade RC....... maybe I am wrong, but my spider sense is telling me this car won't be anything like the other MT4....
Old 12-11-2012, 08:56 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm taking a close look at this one.. Available next week, and I want to finally try a brushless as a X-mas present..

Right now it's the E-MTA, MT4 G3, SC8.2e, or maybe the RC8.2e... Can't decide..

The MT4 G3 would probably be right for me since it should do better on a track, and I want something for the occasional mess-around laps between nitro runs... But the claimed 100kph out of the box of the E-MTA has my attention.. Also looks neat and compact.. The shocks look dubious though...

The price btw is going to be the same as for the MT4 G3...
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I'm taking a close look at this one.. Available next week, and I want to finally try a brushless as a X-mas present..

Right now it's the E-MTA, MT4 G3, SC8.2e, or maybe the RC8.2e... Can't decide..

The MT4 G3 would probably be right for me since it should do better on a track, and I want something for the occasional mess-around laps between nitro runs... But the claimed 100kph out of the box of the E-MTA has my attention.. Also looks neat and compact.. The shocks look dubious though...

The price btw is going to be the same as for the MT4 G3...

the lay down shocks will take away the the chance of breaking off a shock tower.......

upon further inspection I am seeing a brace on the hinge pins....

with tall enough tires this truck may be able to drive upside down LOL

Sure is a lot of plastic tho....winter time makes plastic very brittle...but gotta like that is would be weather resistant....

I Am skeptical on durability, but that is only my speculation, I could easily be wrong...

Old 12-11-2012, 09:47 AM
steed2-inactive

Thunder tiger needs to hire someonebwho can design a nice looking body. Lol
Old 12-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Haddi Taha

steed2, that doesn't matter as thunder tiger body shells are so thin that they will crack in no time 

It has a simplified drivetrain of the ae mgt i believe,but it is still single speed.

It has those awesome tires like my mt4, so thats good.

Looks like same electronics too, however someone told me it has a waterproof servo, not sure about the rest of it.

It hits 100km/h on 6s lipo, the Thunder Tiger MT4 can probably do to since it has the electronics.

The original MT4 is not going anywhere I believe, its one of thunder tigers biggest sellers lately. The emta i believe is aimed at the true monster truck handling fans. Same way how traxxas has the e revo and the e maxx

It has plastic bodied and plastic cap shocks [&:] though not that bad on an inboard shock setup

Too much plastic, but hey if its durable then why not

Would I get one? Not yet, I want to see what people who get it think about it first