Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Penny for your thoughts on 'Rally' vehicles

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Penny for your thoughts on 'Rally' vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Penny for your thoughts on 'Rally' vehicles

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

ORIGINAL: Maj_Overdrive

I have a Traxxas 1/10 Rally and I think Jangs review is spot on. Its really a pretty darn good car thats actually more 1/8 buggy size (wheelbase and track width) and I'd rather it than the smaller ones. The Kyosho and HPI rally cars also look and seem pretty good as well from Jang's reviews. I went with the Traxxas for the versatility, aftermarket support and it would be easier to change into a SCT or something else later if I wanted to.

Hey Major! So have ya been driving it much? How do you find the tires and the off-road handling? After watching Jang's review, sounds like the tires and springs are the first things to be jettisoned. Where you been driving it?

I haven't driven it all that much and its just been around the house in the street and yard so far. I would like to make some changes, but I always change my rigs around trying different things anyway. The rear springs do need to go though, I agree with the review 100% on that point. The tires I'm ok with for now since I'm not track racing, but I will try something different in the future.

But It might not stay a Rally for long, I'm actually thinking of converting it into an SCT sooner than I anticipated. The Proline Scale bodies are tempting me and after seeing how Jangs Rally conversion of a touring car performed on an offroad track I might go that route to get my rally fix. Ends up being a more scale look and performance didn't seem to really suffer like I thought it would, plus I have a TT-01 needing some love. For those interested here's Jangs touring car to rally video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKcyVRsKdIw
Old 01-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Penny for your thoughts on 'Rally' vehicles

I still have my RS4 Rally, and I like it for it's ability to handle less then perfectly smooth pavement.