Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

D8T Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 06:27 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default D8T Build

i'm almost complete wth my first build It took m 40+ hours to build, and I learned a lot. Now just have to get it started nd fine-tune everything. Some sneal pics below! :-)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16165.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1834789   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75135.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	1834790  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: D8T Build

top job, I love building rc's, best part of the hobby
and then the feeling when it all works for the first time
Old 12-29-2012, 07:22 PM
rebuildrcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great build , looks like you'rready for next season
Old 12-30-2012, 10:44 AM
JohnP2

Thanks, guys. I can say I feel that after this build, I am no longer a "rookie". Certainly no expert by any means, but I learned so much I think I've past the "newbie" stage with respect to "the hobby". The biggest thing was how to improvise at key times during the build. Gonna break in the engine today.

Thanks!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:33 PM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you have to improvise?
Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice ride...
Old 12-30-2012, 11:11 PM
big JC
My Feedback: (1)

MMMMM....... nothing better than that new truggy smell!. Not sure if you've run 1/8th scale truggy yet but man!....they are awesome!....... Your gonna love it!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:55 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats a beautiful Truggy John, I bet it was fun to build. Enjoy it. I will be looking for YouTube vids of it soon!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:41 PM
JohnP2

Building it was one of the most fun things I've ever done! I sincerely mean that.

I found it very theraputic. Not that I need "therapy", but being the father of two tweens, moving into a new house, accepting a promotion at work,  the holidays, etc....the build was my little haven to get away from it all!

NitroExpress, I had to improvise mainly on tools for putting certain pieces together, both precision (diffs) and grunt (tie rods). It's stock, but I used a few longer screws in areas with wider heads, things like that. Also the five-cell hump pack just BARELY fits in the housing, so had to cut lead holes and pretty much created my own wiring system on the radio box. 

BigJC, yep...this is my first truggy.  If it rides anywhere near as bad-***** as it looks, then I can see this becoming my favorite class.

The coolest part is, I still have a Mugen MBX6R I'm going to build next month and while I understand the importance of being precise on these builds, I imagine I'll build it in half the time I did this truggy.

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 PM
JohnP2

Building it was one of the most fun things I've ever done! I sincerely mean that.

I found it very theraputic. Not that I need "therapy", but being the father of two tweens, moving into a new house, accepting a promotion at work,  the holidays, etc....the build was my little haven to get away from it all!

NitroExpress, I had to improvise mainly on tools for putting certain pieces together, both precision (diffs) and grunt (tie rods). It's stock, but I used a few longer screws in areas with wider heads, things like that. Also the five-cell hump pack just BARELY fits in the housing, so had to cut lead holes and pretty much created my own wiring system on the radio box. 

BigJC, yep...this is my first truggy.  If it rides anywhere near as bad-***** as it looks, then I can see this becoming my favorite class.

The coolest part is, I still have a Mugen MBX6R I'm going to build next month and while I understand the importance of being precise on these builds, I imagine I'll build it in half the time I did this truggy.

Thanks!