Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help for a beginner

Old 01-06-2013, 07:25 AM
ricky21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help for a beginner

Greetings to all forum members, on this website, and need your valuable help and opinion on the following. I am new to this world of car racing and I decided to get a nitro car and I would buy one of these cars, I have to invest up to $ 400, so what I want is to decide on the best in quality, durability and support. I'm not going to be used for competition only as a hobby and that my children enjoy.
Aside want me clarify some doubts:
Traxxas Nitro Sport RTR , precio $294.99
Duratrax 1/8 835B Nitro Buggy .27 2.4GHz Blue, precio $349.98
Traxxas T-Maxx Nitro 2.5 4WD Truck RTR, precio $399.99
Traxxas Nitro Rustler 2WD Stadium Truck RTR, precio $324.99
HPI Racing Bullet MT 3.0 Nitro 2.4GHz RTR, precio $342.99

-These carts are some that are not fired with what is called "yo-yo" which is the best ignition system?
I see that there NITRO AND PETROL carts, not the same?, Which is the best?
- These cars are made ​​in China or the United States?
- Not recommended hen RTR not buy, because it will be?
Thank you very much for your help
regards
Old 01-06-2013, 08:17 AM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help for a beginner

A lot depends on what you want do with it. You noted "racing" so do you plan to actually go to a track and race? Or do you plan to just have fun with it driving it on the street, off-road, wherever? If you want something that you can just go anywhere and drive it, jump hills and such (they call that "bashing" then I would suggst the HPI Bullet MT. I don't own any. of the cars you mentioned, but out of those that is my suggestion, simply because HPI is known for their exteme durability and I've heard posiive things about the Bullet MT.

With that, may I suggest one more car? The Hyper 7 buggy. You can get it for under $300. That would be my recommendation for anyone new to "the hobby" that wants to get into nitro. http://www.nitrohouse.com/product.as...FSWoPAodd3QAeg
Old 01-06-2013, 09:37 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

While I havent owned one everyone that does seems to love and recommend the hyper 7 as john said.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:06 AM
The Mad Modder

Personally, I'd go with the 835B or bullet mt.

These cars are made ​​in China or the United States?
All of the cars on your list are made in Taiwan or china. The only company I know that still makes their cars in USA is RJ Speed; Associated makes a few of their parts here(bought a MGT servo saver that was).
Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Love my Hyper 7's. Reliable, tough, fast enough add speed with gearing, stock motor is a beast torque wise, 17 tooth clutch bell gives more use of the rpms. Go Ravens!! I'm bleedin Purple AHHHHHHH!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 PM
ER-95

Out of your choices, Im all in for the T-Maxx 2.5! I just got one for Christmas and I'm impressed on every level! The quality and support is tough to beat!! With traxxas, you can pretty much find all the parts you'll need at a local hobby shop, if something is to break.

Either one you pick I wish you the best and have fun!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny27436.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	1837960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wi59917.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	1837961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd27235.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	144.5 KB