RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Pet Peeves

Reply
Old 01-08-2013, 03:08 PM
  #51
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,768
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: turok007

i hate it when someone says they have finished there (project). it took me 6 months. i put some monster stickers on the shell & fitted alloy arms. then they say it took 6 months as they were saving up. lol
LOL sooooo true so true, and then they bump the post 5 times a day till someone says it looks awesome
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:33 PM
  #52
nitrosportsandrunner
 
nitrosportsandrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: skowhegan, ME
Posts: 9,502
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

people who refer to themselves in the third person.....

except for thunderbirdjunkie, he's cool enough to get away with it
nitrosportsandrunner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
  #53
Haddi Taha
 
Haddi Taha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,901
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

wow this thread grew overnight

I hate having to pay $7 for 10 friggin screws
Haddi Taha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:29 PM
  #54
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 9,011
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

A few of my RC pet peeves...

- The retail cost of Glow plugs
- When kids ask to drive my cars that have no experience whatsoever
- Re-Gluing RTR tires/wheels
- Forgetting to charge Rx packs
1QwkSport2.5r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:44 PM
  #55
TheKennyKiller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: QLD, , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,747
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

Haters.

Elitist jerks.

People who have no sense of humor.

Punctuation Natzis.

People who have a "mine is better than yours" mentality.

Running over dog crap in the park.

Body clips and how often I lose them.

Forgetting that one tool you need to fix a minor issue and having to call it quits early because of it.

Anyone who rips off a fellow hobbyist.

The general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars.

Getting on the forums after dealing with the general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars only to find out that the general RC community doesn't show you much respect if you run an E-Revo. #can't win

Not having any friends who enjoy the hobby as much as I do.
TheKennyKiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:44 PM
  #56
Haddi Taha
 
Haddi Taha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,901
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

A few of my RC pet peeves...

- The retail cost of Glow plugs
- When kids ask to drive my cars that have no experience whatsoever
- Re-Gluing RTR tires/wheels
- Forgetting to charge Rx packs
When some kids annoying me when I'm driving, I feel like aligning a ramp with their heads and jumping my mt4 off it onto their heads with a stamp on the bumper saying "NO" just to get it through their head (literally)

Before anyone says that I used to be like that when I was a kid and didn't know about the dangers regarding rc cars and all that bs, I wasn't like that when I was a kid I didn't do stuff like that
Haddi Taha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:48 PM
  #57
Haddi Taha
 
Haddi Taha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,901
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Haters.

Elitist jerks.

People who have no sense of humor.

Punctuation Natzis.

People who have a "mine is better than yours" mentality.

Running over dog crap in the park.

Body clips and how often I lose them.

Forgetting that one tool you need to fix a minor issue and having to call it quits early because of it.

Anyone who rips off a fellow hobbyist.

The general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars.

Getting on the forums after dealing with the general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars only to find out that the general RC community doesn't show you much respect if you run an E-Revo. #can't win

Not having any friends who enjoy the hobby as much as I do.
I have nothing against people who run an e-revo, its just that I won't buy one

Haddi Taha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:37 PM
  #58
Dayaks
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: P, PA
Posts: 31
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

When people judge what you spend your money on. I've seen it on the forums and from family. In laws spend money on smokes and gambling, but it's terrible if the son and law spends 2% of his income on deadly toys.
Dayaks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 PM
  #59
Haddi Taha
 
Haddi Taha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,901
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Dayaks

When people judge what you spend your money on. I've seen it on the forums and from family. In laws spend money on smokes and gambling, but it's terrible if the son and law spends 2% of his income on deadly toys.
Its cause they are unhappy with what they spend there money on so they try picking on someone who is doing something good for themselves and there family. Don't let it get to you


Haddi Taha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 PM
  #60
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 9,011
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

A few of my RC pet peeves...

- The retail cost of Glow plugs
- When kids ask to drive my cars that have no experience whatsoever
- Re-Gluing RTR tires/wheels
- Forgetting to charge Rx packs
When some kids annoying me when I'm driving, I feel like aligning a ramp with their heads and jumping my mt4 off it onto their heads with a stamp on the bumper saying ''NO'' just to get it through their head (literally)

Before anyone says that I used to be like that when I was a kid and didn't know about the dangers regarding rc cars and all that bs, I wasn't like that when I was a kid I didn't do stuff like that
I don't mind entertaining the neighborhood kids, but I won't let anyone drive. Thankfully, I don't get the "PLEASE!?! I'll be careful"..... Yeah, just then it's WOT into a soccer goal post and goodbye car. No thanks.

Another pet peeve: running my 45mph+ airboat at the local pond only to have some pipsqueak kids tossing logs into the pond. Hitting a log at 45mph is no good; when my hotrod engine gets here, it will go 60mph. I think hitting a log at 60 will total my boat.. Maybe I will have to drive the boat up on shore and chase the kids around next time they try being lumberjerks.


1QwkSport2.5r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:12 PM
  #61
Argess
 
Argess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pleasantville, NS, CANADA
Posts: 2,346
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

Here's a pet peeve I have that's about me. The odd time, I try to restart my engine and forget to attach the glow-driver. Usually happens when someone is watching too!
Argess is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:48 PM
  #62
t-max97
 
t-max97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: White, GA
Posts: 1,958
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Argess

Here's a pet peeve I have that's about me. The odd time, I try to restart my engine and forget to attach the glow-driver. Usually happens when someone is watching too!
Haha I did that the other day.
t-max97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 PM
  #63
TheKennyKiller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: QLD, , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,747
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha


Quote:
ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Haters.

Elitist jerks.

People who have no sense of humor.

Punctuation Natzis.

People who have a ''mine is better than yours'' mentality.

Running over dog crap in the park.

Body clips and how often I lose them.

Forgetting that one tool you need to fix a minor issue and having to call it quits early because of it.

Anyone who rips off a fellow hobbyist.

The general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars.

Getting on the forums after dealing with the general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars only to find out that the general RC community doesn't show you much respect if you run an E-Revo. #can't win

Not having any friends who enjoy the hobby as much as I do.
I have nothing against people who run an e-revo, its just that I won't buy one

Not aimed at anyone or any one forum site in particular, there are plenty of nice folks around, but some aren't so nice as well. You're definitely on the nice list Haddi.
TheKennyKiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
  #64
Haddi Taha
 
Haddi Taha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,901
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha


Quote:
ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Haters.

Elitist jerks.

People who have no sense of humor.

Punctuation Natzis.

People who have a ''mine is better than yours'' mentality.

Running over dog crap in the park.

Body clips and how often I lose them.

Forgetting that one tool you need to fix a minor issue and having to call it quits early because of it.

Anyone who rips off a fellow hobbyist.

The general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars.

Getting on the forums after dealing with the general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars only to find out that the general RC community doesn't show you much respect if you run an E-Revo. #can't win

Not having any friends who enjoy the hobby as much as I do.
I have nothing against people who run an e-revo, its just that I won't buy one

Not aimed at anyone or any one forum site in particular, there are plenty of nice folks around, but some aren't so nice as well. You're definitely on the nice list Haddi.
thats nice to here

Haddi Taha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:38 PM
  #65
TheKennyKiller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: QLD, , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,747
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

People who start build threads and don't add any pictures. In fact I see a lot of threads that could benefit from a few pics, in saying that I can't stand blurry or out of focus shots, there's no excuse for it this day in age, it's not like we are still using film and you're stuck with whatever pics you took at the time.
TheKennyKiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:40 PM
  #66
phmaximus
 
phmaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 6,636
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: i8tweety


Quote:
ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

My BIGGEST pet peeve...

When noobs don't listen to someone who has been running for 6+ years. Example- I told my noob father in-law to not run 6s in his Flux HP. He didn't listen. It now sits with two stripped hubs and a gear broke in the diff.

My biggest pet peeve is when a noob with only 6 years experience ignores the advice of someone with 30 years of racing experience
Ahhhhhh but......
How manny years experance with modern Rc cars, lipos, brushless combos, programming ESC with computers, crown and pinion style diff carriers, progressive rate springs, symmetrical shaft driven chassis, slipper clutches, etc
phmaximus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:43 PM
  #67
phmaximus
 
phmaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 6,636
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Haters.

Elitist jerks.

People who have no sense of humor.

Punctuation Natzis.

People who have a ''mine is better than yours'' mentality.

Running over dog crap in the park.

Body clips and how often I lose them.

Forgetting that one tool you need to fix a minor issue and having to call it quits early because of it.

Anyone who rips off a fellow hobbyist.

The general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars.

Getting on the forums after dealing with the general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars only to find out that the general RC community doesn't show you much respect if you run an E-Revo. #can't win

Not having any friends who enjoy the hobby as much as I do.
Lol aaahahahahaha that's got to be the winner. I know that all to well, nothing worse than a car that stinks like.....
phmaximus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 PM
  #68
Limitless Aero
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: tx, TX
Posts: 58
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

When some kid at the flying field keeps insisting he should be allowed to fly your 50cc plane with 0 experience ever.
Limitless Aero is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:38 AM
  #69
Haddi Taha
 
Haddi Taha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,901
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: i8tweety


Quote:
ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

MyBIGGESTpet peeve...

When noobs don't listen to someone who has been running for 6+ years. Example- I told my noob father in-law to not run 6s in his Flux HP. He didn't listen. It now sits with two stripped hubs and a gear broke in the diff.

My biggest pet peeve is when a noob with only 6 years experience ignores the advice of someone with 30 years of racing experience
You could learn quite alot in 6 years......

Haddi Taha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:02 AM
  #70
cumminspower5.9
 
cumminspower5.9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: horseheads, NY
Posts: 2,643
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

I got thinking...here is another one of my biggest et peeves...

When you break a single part, and the one small part is only available in a $15 parts tree. That always sucks cause then you have miscellaneous parts just laying around till god knows when. But someday, you might need the other parts lol. Just like tools. you can acquire so many parts and think you will never need them, but the one day you go looking for it, it's there lol
cumminspower5.9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 AM
  #71
Haddi Taha
 
Haddi Taha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,901
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

I got thinking...here is another one of my biggest et peeves...

When you break a single part, and the one small part is only available in a $15 parts tree. That always sucks cause then you have miscellaneous parts just laying around till god knows when. But someday, you might need the other parts lol. Just like tools. you can acquire so many parts and think you will never need them, but the one day you go looking for it, it's there lol
]

I sold all my cars except for my thunder tiger mt4 g3, I plan to get 2 more nice rc cars but until then I have to be careful and not break anything, luckily the mt4 is super durable.

Instead of buying hundreds of dollars of spare you might not use, better to buy another car to use when the other one isn't working (if you can afford it)





Haddi Taha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:48 AM
  #72
The Hedgehog
 
The Hedgehog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: , CT
Posts: 9,999
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Haters.

Elitist jerks.

People who have no sense of humor.

Punctuation Natzis.

People who have a ''mine is better than yours'' mentality.

Running over dog crap in the park.

Body clips and how often I lose them.

Forgetting that one tool you need to fix a minor issue and having to call it quits early because of it.

Anyone who rips off a fellow hobbyist.

The general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars.

Getting on the forums after dealing with the general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars only to find out that the general RC community doesn't show you much respect if you run an E-Revo. #can't win

Not having any friends who enjoy the hobby as much as I do.
'
Ya know I think we are pretty alike ha ha. Agree on all points.
The Hedgehog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 AM
  #73
erik valdez
 
erik valdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: clute, TX
Posts: 137
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


A motor is a machine that converts other forms of energy into mechanical energy and so imparts motion.


An engine is a motor that converts thermal energy to mechanical work.


So an engine is a specific type of motor. That's why it's not incorrect to speak of a motorboat, or a motorcar, or a motor speedway, even if the boat or car is clearly powered by combustion.

Note that if there's no combustion, there's no engine. Purely electric cars don't have engines.

As nouns, motor can also refer to a nonspecific agent that causes motion: "happiness is the aim of all men and the motor of all action", and engine can refer to something used to achieve a purpose: "an engine of change", a railway locomotive, or a machine used in warfare: "medieval engines of war".

But Ill have to check with my search engine.

Biggest pet peeve= People with money who think they can purchase what took you heatache and pain to achieve.
erik valdez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 AM
  #74
FNG RIDER
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 67
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves



racing peeves:



Hacked out in first practice and not being able to continue.



Hacked during the race by the the same driver, over and over again and being told hacking is racing.





 





FNG RIDER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 AM
  #75
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,768
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

I got thinking...here is another one of my biggest et peeves...

When you break a single part, and the one small part is only available in a $15 parts tree. That always sucks cause then you have miscellaneous parts just laying around till god knows when. But someday, you might need the other parts lol. Just like tools. you can acquire so many parts and think you will never need them, but the one day you go looking for it, it's there lol
that is called the HPI recon, but add in the parts that come with it don't correlate very well to what else probably broke(or will break).
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:05 AM.