RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Pet Peeves

Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 AM
  #76
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,770
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: FNG RIDER



racing peeves:



Hacked out in first practice and not being able to continue.



Hacked during the race by the the same driver, over and over again and being told hacking is racing.









what in the world does hacked mean to you? I've never ever heard it used like that, and cant really figure out what you mean. Is this some local lingo?
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:45 AM
  #77
cumquat
 
cumquat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 6,812
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM


Quote:
ORIGINAL: FNG RIDER



racing peeves:



Hacked out in first practice and not being able to continue.



Hacked during the race by the the same driver, over and over again and being told hacking is racing.









what in the world does hacked mean to you? I've never ever heard it used like that, and cant really figure out what you mean. Is this some local lingo?
i'd guess he meant rubbing.
cumquat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 AM
  #78
pcarluvr
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: butler, PA
Posts: 290
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

Pet Peeves:

1. Being a "noob" again! I was in this hobby when you started a nitro with a rope wrapped around the fly wheel and later with a plastic toothed "rip cord" but now I'm back and a noob.
2. The word "Noob"... Is that a nice way of calling me a boob? Shouldn't it be "Newb" for like "Newbie"? I'd rather be called the "FNG". What's the abbreviation for : the guy who was in it as a child, got out when got drivers licence,got back in it when married, got out after divorce, got back in it when got remarried and dream job with extra cash?
3. Getting everything together, go to track/bash spot, realize you have wrong tx, no battery/fuel, etc...
4. When you overhaul or rebuild checking everything to find out the one thing you did not rebuild/overhaul cause it didn't need it, Breaks!
5. I can't spell very well or use your,you're,there,their,etc... correctly and sorry for irritating you because of it but I can place some "ef's" quite efficiently!
( number 5 was a joke and not meant to hurt,slander,make fun of, or even say that anything was directed towards me in any manner and was/is purely put there for comic effect cause I think I'm funny!)
pcarluvr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:48 AM
  #79
motomike
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savanna, IL
Posts: 39
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

My pet peeve is when someone fails to put the subject of the post in the subject line. Such as: "Wow.. Been a long time for this", "It had to happen sooner or later", "does this ever happen to you?or "is it just me or..."

Generally I ignore such posts but do get fished in occasionally only to find that the topic is not one I am interested in. Even worse, to find that the OP then puts a link there for you to open to find that you are not interested and it was a complete waste of time. Oh well

getting old I guess
Mike
motomike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:54 PM
  #80
iexion
 
iexion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nowheresville, S.Dakota >_>, SD
Posts: 1,778
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

Quote:
ORIGINAL: pcarluvr

Pet Peeves:

1. Being a ''noob'' again! I was in this hobby when you started a nitro with a rope wrapped around the fly wheel and later with a plastic toothed ''rip cord'' but now I'm back and a noob.
2. The word ''Noob''... Is that a nice way of calling me a boob? Shouldn't it be ''Newb'' for like ''Newbie''? I'd rather be called the ''FNG''. What's the abbreviation for : the guy who was in it as a child, got out when got drivers licence,got back in it when married, got out after divorce, got back in it when got remarried and dream job with extra cash?
3. Getting everything together, go to track/bash spot, realize you have wrong tx, no battery/fuel, etc...

heh, being a "noob" again. This is one of the main reasons nobody wants to leave their P.O.S. job to start a new job even tho its making them overstressed and ruining their family life *Anger, drug abuse/alcoholism, depression etc* yes there's other serious reasons

I wanna say "noob" came from the gaming scene (Computer gamers then console gamers). Simply put "newbie" was shorten to "newb" then "noob". Pretty much as you already said
#3 is a BIG then that EVERYONE has done and hates. I remember one session I got to "the spot" and didnt bring my dam transmitter[:@]...
That and glow plugs.... I still like nitro but freakin glow plugs aggravate the hell outa me "why the hell is this thing not keeping its tune" and "I just charged the ignitor last nite why the hell does it say the battery is dead... out wait its the... DAMMIT"
iexion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:31 PM
  #81
turok007
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: , UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 483
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

owning every color crystal even splits but turning up at the race meet without any crystals. lol
turok007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
  #82
Eman77
 
Eman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Batavia, IL
Posts: 10,314
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: cumquat


Quote:
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM


Quote:
ORIGINAL: FNG RIDER



racing peeves:



Hacked out in first practice and not being able to continue.



Hacked during the race by the the same driver, over and over again and being told hacking is racing.









what in the world does hacked mean to you? I've never ever heard it used like that, and cant really figure out what you mean. Is this some local lingo?
i'd guess he meant rubbing.
Once again I must quote Days of Thunder:

"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'. "
Eman77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 PM
  #83
mattster1971
 
mattster1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Glen Burnie, MD
Posts: 644
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Dayaks

When people judge what you spend your money on. I've seen it on the forums and from family. In laws spend money on smokes and gambling, but it's terrible if the son and law spends 2% of his income on deadly toys.
Its cause they are unhappy with what they spend there money on so they try picking on someone who is doing something good for themselves and there family. Don't let it get to you


I cant agree with this more. I hate when I am criticized for spending money on my hobby. At least its not drugs or cigarettes or booze. Its no different than a woman and her knitting or a guy and some other hobby like hunting or golf.
mattster1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:54 PM
  #84
Ttowntoolman
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Theresa, WI
Posts: 587
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: pcarluvr

Pet Peeves:

5. I can't spell very well or use your,you're,there,their,etc... correctly and sorry for irritating you because of it but I can place some ''ef's'' quite efficiently!
( number 5 was a joke and not meant to hurt,slander,make fun of, or even say that anything was directed towards me in any manner and was/is purely put there for comic effect cause I think I'm funny!)
Dude, FUNNY! Can't even remember what I was going to post now..........
Ttowntoolman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM
  #85
phmaximus
 
phmaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 6,636
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

Rc forums with out spelling checkers?

I use a iPad for this forum because it has autocorrect.
phmaximus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:04 PM
  #86
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,770
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Rc forums with out spelling checkers?

I use a iPad for this forum because it has autocorrect.
Fire Fox here on windows
btw your auto correct don't work too well as it didn't catch "autocorrect"
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 PM
  #87
Ttowntoolman
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Theresa, WI
Posts: 587
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

I am totally computer illiterate.......er a and I dont know how to use all that fancy fluff. Dont own an I-anything and kinda suck at spelling.

But I love all you guys anyway!
Ttowntoolman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 PM
  #88
phmaximus
 
phmaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 6,636
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM


Quote:
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Rc forums with out spelling checkers?

I use a iPad for this forum because it has autocorrect.
Fire Fox here on windows
btw your auto correct don't work too well as it didn't catch ''autocorrect''
Lmao, yep thanks for pointing that out, I feel very silly now lol
I will admit the apple auto correct is not the best, have u seen Some of the auto correct fails? Funny as
phmaximus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM
  #89
HoundDog
 
HoundDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Apache Junction AZ. WI 0WI8
Posts: 4,471
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

                                      


                                         "LECTRICS" PERIOD




          Boy am I gona get it now .... LOL

HoundDog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:33 PM
  #90
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,770
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

Quote:
ORIGINAL: phmaximus


Quote:
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM


Quote:
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Rc forums with out spelling checkers?

I use a iPad for this forum because it has autocorrect.
Fire Fox here on windows
btw your auto correct don't work too well as it didn't catch ''autocorrect''
Lmao, yep thanks for pointing that out, I feel very silly now lol
I will admit the apple auto correct is not the best, have u seen Some of the auto correct fails? Funny as
http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/
yes I remember one about some son sending something to his parents and it auto corrected it to him coming out of the closet and they said they always knew he was like that well actually found it http://www.autocorrectfail.org/181/c...ut-closet-fail so yea I guess yours could be worst
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:50 PM
  #91
Haddi Taha
 
Haddi Taha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,901
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Quote:
ORIGINAL: phmaximus


Quote:
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM


Quote:
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Rc forums with out spelling checkers?

I use a iPad for this forum because it has autocorrect.
Fire Fox here on windows
btw your auto correct don't work too well as it didn't catch ''autocorrect''
Lmao, yep thanks for pointing that out, I feel very silly now lol
I will admit the apple auto correct is not the best, have u seen Some of the auto correct fails? Funny as
http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/
yes I remember one about some son sending something to his parents and it auto corrected it to him coming out of the closet and they said they always knew he was like that well actually found it http://www.autocorrectfail.org/181/c...ut-closet-fail so yea I guess yours could be worst
hahaha thats funny man

Haddi Taha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM
  #92
TheKennyKiller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: QLD, , AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,747
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

People who use the word "bulletproof" to describe how strong their drive train is.
TheKennyKiller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:39 PM
  #93
Cruz6794
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago, IN
Posts: 13
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

When my batteries come loose inside of my helis because of vibrations.
Cruz6794 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 PM
  #94
Tarasdad
 
Tarasdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California City, CA
Posts: 545
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

"Nitro gas" is my worst pet peeve. It's either nitro fuel (or FAI fuel with no nitro) or gas(oline). One or the other, but hey are NOT interchangeable.
Tarasdad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 PM
  #95
cumquat
 
cumquat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 6,812
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

People who use the word ''bulletproof'' to describe how strong their drive train is.
i have actually offered to test that statement. no one has taken me up on it yet
cumquat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 PM
  #96
HerrSavage
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Irgendwo, GERMANY
Posts: 10,292
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

"Takes a beating and comes back for more" makes me cringe..
HerrSavage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 PM
  #97
Haddi Taha
 
Haddi Taha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,901
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves


Quote:
ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

"Takes a beating and comes back for more" makes me cringe..
I hate that one

When you have to sift through hundreds of ads on ebay where the sellers are asking for more than it costs new

Haddi Taha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:46 AM
  #98
f16man
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: MANTECA, CA
Posts: 1,263
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

Being called a flyboy by a car goon...ha ha ha
f16man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:04 AM
  #99
Foxy
Moderator
 
Foxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
Posts: 18,082
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

Quote:
ORIGINAL: f16man

Being called a flyboy by a car goon...ha ha ha
Oh no, here come the flyboys, this thread must have made it to the 'most popular' threads on the homepage of RCU.

Get out and take your nerdy turbines with you, we prefer two dimensions in here, and even that's 2 dimensions too many for some of us! lol.

Despite this not being the Off Topic Cars forum, I'm waiting any minute for a 'What does this have to do with model aviation? I don't even...' [&:]

Foxy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 AM
  #100
HerrSavage
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Irgendwo, GERMANY
Posts: 10,292
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

Planes are cool - jets megamassiveawesome cool...

Compared to planes, cars are kind of the retards of the RC world.., and we its knuckledraggers..

I still wike wem wo'...
HerrSavage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:22 AM.