Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

Rather drag my knuckles than draw a pension.

Come on plane guys, where are you? This is no fun if you don't fight back.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:00 AM
motomike
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, it was in the RCU most popular. I made the mistake of reading the subject line which makes no distinction other than RC. I will refrain from commenting further now that I know it is about cars or trucks.

Mike
Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 AM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NEW pet peeve:

Segregation (<had to check spelling) in RC! I love my cars/trucks but also like my micro helis and when I had my gas powered (Whoops...NITRO) heli! I flied it 5 times and crashed it 6. Also had a plane...didn't end well! My Prather .45 Tunnel hull called the "Psycho Troll" (had a little red devil with yellow hair in cockpit) Was great fun except swimming when it stalled. We're all RC'ers no matter what our focus is on!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:26 AM
pcarluvr

^^^ I did something wrong there but you get the picture right? FLIED!!! LOL...
Old 01-10-2013, 09:10 AM
JohnP2

Going through all the steps to figure out why your motor won't start, only to find out you did not put gas in it.

C'mon, at least I didn't say "mill" (always wondered what the hell that one meant)
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 AM
JohnMoh

Pretty much anything added to a car for asthetics only that didn't come stock. Lights are the worst.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: f16man

Being called a flyboy by a car goon...ha ha ha
Oh no, here come the flyboys, this thread must have made it to the 'most popular' threads on the homepage of RCU.

Get out and take your nerdy turbines with you, we prefer two dimensions in here, and even that's 2 dimensions too many for some of us! lol.

Despite this not being the Off Topic Cars forum, I'm waiting any minute for a 'What does this have to do with model aviation? I don't even...' [&:]

dunno my savage has more air time in then my RC heli or airplane ever had

ORIGINAL: JohnMoh

Pretty much anything added to a car for asthetics only that didn't come stock. Lights are the worst.
uhh can argue that if you are making a scaler and lights are done tastefully then its ok, but I will agree I seen some horrendous lighting jobs done on RC's. Other day I saw a RC18t with a "lighting kit" on it looked like the dude used 5mm LED's they looked so stupid it wasn't even funny, and he considered that a bonus to how much the car should cost. I have a SCX10 with lights, and an on-road when the lights are not on you can't even tell it has LED's but then again the bodies were meant for the lights.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 AM
pcarluvr

We need a "like" button cause I really liked that one Syco!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: pcarluvr

We need a ''like'' button cause I really liked that one Syco!!!
we do rate post
next to report on the bottom
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 AM
pcarluvr

Learn sumptin everyday! Thanx!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 AM
f16man

Come to the dark side Luke,,,,,,,airplanes make a bigger mess when you crash them, also both your thumbs have something to do.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:17 AM
f16man

Come to the dark side Luke, airplanes make a bigger mess when you crash, also both of your thumbs have something to do. oops I already said that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Haddi Taha

ANOTHER PET PEEVE IS WHEN PEOPLE TYPE IN CAPTITAL'S, IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE SCREAMING
Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 PM
f16man

Come on guys did you run out of shock oil??????? at 59 I'm ready for a good ***** fryin,,,,, maybe some tank guys!!!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 PM
4-Stroke
My Feedback: (16)

Kids that are 40 years younger than me that are really experts.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 PM
slightly_floored

Suddenly having a third dimension added to my warship's range of normal movement....down. Gee, I hate that.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:40 AM
turok007

it really gets me when someone paints a brand new body (shell) then uses something blunt to make the mounting holes. what a total waste of money.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Ttowntoolman

ORIGINAL: slightly_floored

Suddenly having a third dimension added to my warship's range of normal movement....down. Gee, I hate that.

Don't they make little blue pills for that......?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:14 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you ever tried driving outdoors at dusk? Lights help with orientation when running at the end of the day. Hell, Ieven got a bunch of solar-powered walkway lights so Ican run ATNIGHT! Lights aren't just for aethstetics. Some of us a just crazy enough to want to run at night!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 PM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cumquat

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

People who use the word ''bulletproof'' to describe how strong their drive train is.
i have actually offered to test that statement. no one has taken me up on it yet
Hey c'mon....if we didn't use words like that, and other words that seem to annoy people, reading could get pretty boring around here! We may not be published authors or English Majors, but throwing around a few cliches is to be expected. Me an my bulletproof tranny stand by that!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:38 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tarasdad

''Nitro gas'' is my worst pet peeve. It's either nitro fuel (or FAI fuel with no nitro) or gas(oline). One or the other, but hey are NOT interchangeable.
It's glow fuel to me, regardless of nitro or oil content. FAI fuel to me is true FAI, 80% methanol 20% castor.

"What does it run on? Gas?"
"No, nitro methanol"
"OH.... Like funny cars?"
"Sorta..."
Old 01-11-2013, 02:29 PM
ejc34710

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

have you ever tried driving outdoors at dusk? Lights help with orientation when running at the end of the day. Hell, I even got a bunch of solar-powered walkway lights so I can run AT NIGHT! Lights aren't just for aethstetics. Some of us a just crazy enough to want to run at night!

LOL, yes they do. And when it gets dark at 6:00, you bet i'll drive at night. I live in the country, so don't really have any neighbors to bother worth mentioning if i decide to drive nitro. I have a small flashlight mounted on the roof of a junk body for my XS. It's not as fun, but cures the itch. Usually drive on the road, it really boggles the passer bys in their cars. I like to hide behind a tree so people can't see me. Soon as they turn the corner all they see is this one little light real close to the ground moving at an incredible rate. I have the flashlight wired to the 3rd channel switch via a little brushed speed controller so i can shut it off when i zoom in the driveway.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:44 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So in your oppinion this car anoys you because it has Light buckets, fake exhaust, mirrorsand correct badges/stickers?

So if that anoys u does that mean u would prefer to have some thing like this, with nothing added for asthetics?

do u feel the same about painting the body? after all its only painted for asthetics, what about scale looking wheels? are u a big fan of the closed in racing wheels?

man if lights fitted to a rc car is the biggest rc related peeveu can think of, I would love to see ur face when u see a scale crawler for the first time.

here is another all time pet peeve of mine
Old 01-11-2013, 05:45 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

here is another all time pet peeve of mine
ahh yes I remember one member think it was 1-2 years ago would ask question non-stop and not listen to a damn thing said, and go off on tangents then complain when he got a POS
Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 PM
big JC

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Oh my god! That's too funny! Haven't heard that one yet but we all know an askhole. Totally stealing that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.