Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Pet Peeves

Old 01-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

ORIGINAL: RickWoo

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

ANOTHER PET PEEVE IS WHEN PEOPLE TYPE IN CAPTITAL'S, IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE SCREAMING
Sorry, but I didn't hear anySOUNDat all.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:48 PM
kaycerc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-15-2013, 06:00 PM
big JC
My Feedback: (1)

When extremely entertaining nitro vs electric threads get locked! For the love of fun why!?! I couldn't wait to get home & read all the new posts and man....they did not disappoint. My second rc pet peev is when clever follow up "who won nitro vs electric poll" threads get locked too.....boooo!
Imagine the horror if a mere pedestrian that insultingly refers to our "hobby" as toys were to read that thread.... thinking they may gain the respect our toys...ahem....hobby deserves!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:12 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Aside from the usual "is it gas" question, or the parents with ill-fitted primates for children that we all love to whine about, my only other real complaints are internet based. The new guys who don't know and won't listen, sure. What really bugs me is what I call "RC girlfriends". The needy ones who have to post some meaningess drivel every time they run. I see it on all forums, not just here. "Hayyy guis! Guess what I just learned!" or "Heyy look at me! I did this and I'll never make that mistake again!!!" or "Let's all watch this crappy youtube vid I made, just like the one I posted yesterday!" And on and on and on. There's only a couple of those here on RCU, and it's not so bad until you see it popping up every....single....day. Message boards are not your own personal blog. If we really cared that much, then start a blog and those who really wanna know what kind of sandwich you ate while running at the park will go find it and give you all the attention you are craving!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:16 PM
FahrtAutoRC

O, and one more: Showing off solid color or ultra-simple bodies and expecting praise out the yin yang. If it took you mor time to drive to and from the hobby shop to get supplies than it did to actually paint the stupid thing, chances are we all have one like that and nobody really wants to see yours. I mean, congrats, you managed to make your first 50% semmetrical racing stripe. Good on you.

Yea, I'm a real pr ick with a bad attitude. Oh well
Old 01-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

O, and one more: Showing off solid color or ultra-simple bodies and expecting praise out the yin yang. If it took you mor time to drive to and from the hobby shop to get supplies than it did to actually paint the stupid thing, chances are we all have one like that and nobody really wants to see yours. I mean, congrats, you managed to make your first 50% semmetrical racing stripe. Good on you.

haha, I only paint simple 2 colour designs now because my shell will get beat up quickly anyway from the huge jumps. Though even if its plain, I like seeing others body shells, give me ideas for my next plain 2 colour paint scheme

Old 01-15-2013, 07:26 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Hey, my Losi is only 2-color too, but it sure is a far cry from "spray one can here, one there....LOOK AT MY COLOR FADE, GUYS!!!" haha

You're fine, Haddi.

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

haha, I only paint simple 2 colour designs now because my shell will get beat up quickly anyway from the huge jumps. Though even if its plain, I like seeing others body shells, give me ideas for my next plain 2 colour paint scheme

Old 01-15-2013, 07:35 PM
kaycerc

Aside from the usual "is it gas" question, or the parents with ill-fitted primates for children that we all love to whine about, my only other real complaints are internet based. The new guys who don't know and won't listen, sure. What really bugs me is what I call "RC girlfriends". The needy ones who have to post some meaningess drivel every time they run. I see it on all forums, not just here. "Hayyy guis! Guess what I just learned!" or "Heyy look at me! I did this and I'll never make that mistake again!!!" or "Let's all watch this crappy youtube vid I made, just like the one I posted yesterday!" And on and on and on. There's only a couple of those here on RCU, and it's not so bad until you see it popping up every....single....day. Message boards are not your own personal blog. If we really cared that much, then start a blog and those who really wanna know what kind of sandwich you ate while running at the park will go find it and give you all the attention you are craving!
Wait, wait ................. or the ones that post up their new bodies, and paint jobs they did "all by themselves" - that are one color!
Even chimps can use spray cans.

EDIT = Oops, see you got that one too.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Some people like to share their experiences with someone, I don't see the point in being a dick about it, if you don't like someones thread about what they did today or their first body they just painted then just move on. Not everything has to be a 10 out 10 masterpiece or a fully custom build to be worthy of posting, you guys are probably the same type of people who complain when the forums are dead. I used to post like that a lot but I have moved away from it lately, I don't even post up my videos anymore, they seem to get less thumbs down and more views when I don't post them here anyway. One thing to remember is a lot of people who post on forums don't have any friends in the hobby so who else are they going to show off their stuff to?

EDIT: Fahrt, I just saw your thread about how you got a T-Maxx for $10. Oh the irony.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 PM
FahrtAutoRC

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Some people like to share their experiences with someone, I don't see the point in being a dick about it, if you don't like someones thread about what they did today or their first body they just painted then just move on.

EDIT: Fahrt, I just saw your thread about how you got a T-Maxx for $10. Oh the irony.
The same could be said about what you read elsewhere on the forums, instead of resorting to childish name-calling.

And as for the Maxx: Your point? I didn't realize it was something I do every day, and that picking up ANY 95% complete hobby-grade for $10 is commonplace. My mistake [&:]

Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Come on guys don't get this thread locked too.lol
Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Some people like to share their experiences with someone, I don't see the point in being a dick about it, if you don't like someones thread about what they did today or their first body they just painted then just move on.

The same could be said about what you read elsewhere on the forums, instead of resorting to childish name-calling.

And as for the Maxx: Your point? I didn't realize it was something I do every day, and that picking up ANY 95% complete hobby-grade for $10 is commonplace. My mistake [&:]

oh childish name calling because I said "being a dick about it"? would you have preferred if I said being narrow minded about it? and what makes you think it was said directly to you?

My point is if I were to use your logic why should any of us care what you got and how much you got it for. My other point is don't be a hater, haters are jerks.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Another peeve of mine is when someone quotes you but edits the quote, if you want to address one thing in particular that I said it's probably better to make it bold, otherwise I feel like I am being taken out of context.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 PM
FahrtAutoRC

He's working on it

ORIGINAL: t-max97

Almost seems to me like he is getting all angsty over what I said because it struck a personal nerve. I never went back and checked, are you one of "those guys" or do you just like giving me ish on RCU when it strikes your fancy?

Either way, I am bowing out of this before I get slapped on MS for something I've got on my tongue....
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

He's working on it [img][/img]

ORIGINAL: t-max97

Almost seems to me like he is getting all angsty over what I said because it struck a personal nerve. I never went back and checked, are you one of ''those guys'' or do you just like giving me ish on RCU when it strikes your fancy?

Either way, I am bowing out of this before I get slapped on MS for something I've got on my tongue....
Did you even read my post or did you just get to the "being a dick" part and get all huffy puffy?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:49 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you forgot solid colors(usually black) with that ebay monster energy sticker for that pimp ass unique look that no one else has ever done (ohh they need to standardize a sarcasm font, and tag on the internet)
Old 01-15-2013, 10:13 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've gotten to the point where I just paint everything black. Because I guess another pet peeve would be either putting a lot of time and effort into a body, OR paying a lot for one, and having it be all banged up after one day... Fancy colorful bodies are nice and all, but when they get beat up a little, they really look beat up. Solid black is about the only color scheme that still looks good after the body's been roughed up a bit.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: big JC

When extremely entertaining nitro vs electric threads get locked! For the love of fun why!?! I couldn't wait to get home & read all the new posts and man....they did not disappoint. My second rc pet peev is when clever follow up ''who won nitro vs electric poll'' threads get locked too.....boooo!
Imagine the horror if a mere pedestrian that insultingly refers to our ''hobby'' as toys were to read that thread.... thinking they may gain the respect our toys...ahem....hobby deserves!
Aw, come on you can't complain, it lasted two days and 9 pages, that's almost a record for that debate. As for the poll follow up, there was only one option, the cheeky bugger!!

Don't worry, like I said in the thread, give it another 2 or 3 months and we'll be at it again.

OT: I also hate masking, nearly forgot that.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Haddi Taha

I hate kits that come with poor quality screws so much. The funny thing is Tamiya, who produces the most kits (correct me if I am wrong) have the crappest screws in many of their kits, as if they ordered tonnes of crap metal 30 years ago and are still using the same **** they bought back then now
Old 01-16-2013, 05:20 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: RickWoo

Those that use the terms nitro, mister, or man in their self-chosen screen name because they think it makes them sound bad*****.

[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
Foxy, is there a reason why noobs like this are allowed to repeatedly 'flame' a thread with non productive trolling? Where's the control here?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:52 AM
Foxy

Everything is seen, committed to memory, and you never know what might be going on behind closed doors.

I will tell you though...It takes a history of bad behaviour, multiple shunned opportunities to improve, at least two stints on MS (Moderated Status), before we would even consider banning someone. It is actually incredibly difficult to be the subject of disciplinary action here, we prefer to remove posts and give people multiple chances to understand how we want them to 'fly right', before even dropping the first MS hammer on them. The wheels grind slowly, but don't worry, persistently disruptive members ALWAYS get ejected in the end.

Rick, this isn't the first complaint I've heard about you recently (yes, of course it is from people with whom you have vehemently disagreed, and yes, of course it is natural for those people to want you to get into trouble, however, there is no smoke without fire, if you get my meaning). Please try to be less cutting in your posts, honestly, be nicer, for my benefit if nobody else's. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 AM
Foxy

Just remembered a pet peeve which literally makes me fume regularly lately.

Hobby Products International.

Grrrrr, get your frickin act together HPI, for the love of God.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:18 AM
cumquat

foxy just reminded my of one of my pet peeves that's not exclusively rc but does happen here fairly often. MISSING PARENTHESES! it can be very difficult to decipher where the ending parenthesis was supposed to be. drives me nuts.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 AM
Foxy

lol, fixed. But I am king of massive parenthesized paragraphs lol, I am going to occasionally forget to close them with my rambling 'like talking' writing style.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:30 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

you forgot solid colors(usually black) with that ebay monster energy sticker for that pimp ass unique look that no one else has ever done (ohh they need to standardize a sarcasm font, and tag on the internet)
OMG sarcasm tag would be amazing!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.