Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RC Pet Peeves

Stupid thread, but hey, it's stupid winter..

I don't like the word "shell" for body, or "mill" for engine.

[X(]
Old 01-08-2013, 12:41 AM
turok007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

body shell is fine for me. but i hate it when people say im dropping in a big block. (bigger brushless motor)
Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

'Big block' kills me too, as does 'big bore'. Both terms have totally lost their meaning.

More than that, rebuilding shocks and diffs, closely followed by gluing tires.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:54 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That body shell business is annoying. But whats more annoying isstripping screws on not being able to get it out andthat I now have to open all 3 differentials on my mt4 to change them bearings
Old 01-08-2013, 02:48 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In terms of actually doing something, gluing tires is way up there. I also hate how every time you put a different engine in a buggy or truggy, you have to readjust/fiddle with the throttle linkage. Clutches suck.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:35 AM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Mine is when someone has a pound of dirt and whatnot on their vehicle from a week ago.

I like clean cars, it shows that you actually perform some kind of maintenance on it and not drive it until something doesn't work but you cant tell because of the pound of dirt you left on it.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:48 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What about when people say "fully loaded" because they have a few integy upgrades
Or my biggest pet hate "professionally painted" what does that even mean?

Cleaning out grass and charging batteries is a pain.
But nothing compares to reaming out suspension and steering components... Especially on a rtr
Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 AM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Yeah that fully loaded is another one
Old 01-08-2013, 05:12 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

My BIGGEST pet peeve...

When noobs don't listen to someone who has been running for 6+ years. Example- I told my noob father in-law to not run 6s in his Flux HP. He didn't listen. It now sits with two stripped hubs and a gear broke in the diff.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:54 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gluing tires

Trimming a new body

When someone says "thats gas right" to me when Im running a brushless truck. Seriously? It hardly make a sound!

When the young boys as to drive my truck...multiple times. I dont mind telling them what the truck is, how fast it is, where I got it ect. And I dont mind saying NO one time. But some kids dont know when to stop. I blame the parents, not the kids tho.

Biggest pet peeve......
When my RC breaks on a pass/jump/turn or whatever when I had just said "just one more time before I go"!
Happened just saturday. Was driving my New Arrma buggy. I wanted to take this buggy to the track on wednesday, but took it out saturday for a short run and to get some film of it. After the camera died, I ALMOST went home. But I said "just a bit more running then I will go".....30 seconds later the buggy has a broken A-arm and shock tower. My hobby shop doesnt have Arrma stuf yet, so I wont be running it this wednesday at the track[&o]
Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 AM
littlemel

I work at a hobby shop so we do repairs.  
1. Bringing in your car without your controller, How am I supossed to fix your car If I cant replicate it?
2. Rusty cars, because your too lazy to maintain/dry them off.
3. Broken chassis, kid comes in with mom saying that the chassis just broke when it "flipped over" when he turned.  REALLY? you broke it, quite making excuses and buy  a new chassis.
4. Having to replace the kids chassis.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:54 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

My BIGGEST pet peeve...

When noobs don't listen to someone who has been running for 6+ years. Example- I told my noob father in-law to not run 6s in his Flux HP. He didn't listen. It now sits with two stripped hubs and a gear broke in the diff.

My biggest pet peeve is when a noob with only 6 years experience ignores the advice of someone with 30 years of racing experience
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

MyBIGGESTpet peeve...

My biggest pet peeve is when a noob with only 6 years experience ignores the advice of someone with 30 years of racing experience
If that was supposed to be a joke, I missed the punch line... And how can someone with 6+ years experience with anything be a noob? Not saying I know everything about the hobby, and neither do you, but my post was to explain a pet peeve, not set you up for a lame "joke".
Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Eman77

RC pet peeve:

People listing ads selling RC stuff (which isn't cheap), no pic at all, and words like 'if intrsted txt me thx"

Yeah, I'll drop $500 on a RC from some schmoe who was so lazy when he posted his ad, he included no pic and barely a description.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:53 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

The attitude that 2, 5, 10 years of doing something makes them an expert and does not need to consider / respect other opinions as just as valid or better than their own was the grain of truth I was implying. Your rather generic comment regarding a noob not listening provided the opportunity to express my point.

Additional pet peeve is when people on forums get their nose out of joint over little comments and perceive them as a personal attack, or one that needs to blindly defend their position (NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR).
Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: Eman77

RC pet peeve:

People listing ads selling RC stuff (which isn't cheap), no pic at all, and words like 'if intrsted txt me thx"

Yeah, I'll drop $500 on a RC from some schmoe who was so lazy when he posted his ad, he included no pic and barely a description.
Now thay you say it, that is one of the biggest problems! 99% of this world wants to see what something is and get atleast a description of something before they buy. Just like Craigslist. If Iam looking at cars, I expect to see a recent picture. If you don't have one, I'm assuming you are too embarrased by how it looks. And don't tell me you don't have a camera either, you have a computer and most likely an IPhone.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Eman77

I don't get why some guys say "I'll email pics to you if you want them" instead of just posting them in the forum ad. Isn't it easier to post a group of pics once on the ad, instead of emailing them to 10 individuals?

Unless they only have pics on their cell, and can't post them on the forum...? I might be missing something here. But either way, just post some decent freakin' pics people.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 AM
ejc34710

When someone puts their Integy decked Savage on CL's for 1600.00 FIRM (no joke).
A motor is ELECTRIC, an engine is INTERNAL COMBUSTION!
People that think their $%^& dosen't stink at the track, that they are better than everyone else.
Working on my Savage XS. Before i even start i know i'll be throwing something, lol.
The way some companies describe their products: 60mph!!******

******In optimal conditions, going downhill with the wind, must change gearing, 3s needed, some luck required...
Old 01-08-2013, 09:24 AM
cumminspower5.9

The attitude that 2, 5, 10 years of doing something makes them an expert and does not need to consider / respect other opinions as just as valid or better than their own was the grain of truth I was implying. Your rather generic comment regarding a noob not listening provided the opportunity to express my point.

Additional pet peeve is when people on forums get their nose out of joint over little comments and perceive them as a personal attack, or one that needs to blindly defend their position (NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR).
What was the point you were trying to express? That just because I have been in the hobby for 6 years meansI have no good advice or experience to offer?Just because you have 30 years experience, doesn't mean you are the "king" of RC.Yet again, you have failed to make any sense. It wasn't the fact that obviously your post was directed towards me, it was the fact that you believe you have more experience/better advice just because you have been in the hobbylonger than me. Not sure when advice was exchanged between us, but Ithink you have the wrong person. Butif you are looking for recognition of you experience level, look somewhere else.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:47 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

When someone puts their Integy decked Savage on CL's for 1600.00 FIRM (no joke).
A motor is ELECTRIC, an engine is INTERNAL COMBUSTION!
People that think their $%^& dosen't stink at the track, that they are better than everyone else.
Working on my Savage XS. Before i even start i know i'll be throwing something, lol.
The way some companies describe their products: 60mph!!******

******In optimal conditions, going downhill with the wind, must change gearing, 3s needed, some luck required...
ok that one does get me, and was what I wanted to list
it really irks me every time when browsing the electric forums and ppl are like MY BRUSHLESS ENGINE STOPPED WORKING or something similar [:@]

ehh also that's one cheap savage I've seen rustlers for that much

for your ****** you forgot only able to run 5 mins every 35 mins due to overheating
Old 01-08-2013, 09:48 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Two words I can't stand - noobs and bashing. 
Old 01-08-2013, 09:52 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

What was the point you were trying to express? That just because I have been in the hobby for 6 years means I have no good advice or experience to offer? Just because you have 30 years experience, doesn't mean you are the ''king'' of RC. Yet again, you have failed to make any sense. It wasn't the fact that obviously your post was directed towards me, it was the fact that you believe you have more experience/better advice just because you have been in the hobby longer than me. Not sure when advice was exchanged between us, but I think you have the wrong person. But if you are looking for recognition of you experience level, look somewhere else.
think you are taking what he meant wrong
I'm guessing he means that people claim to be experts, and know it alls who everything has to be their way or the highway type of personality. I've seen a few people that will go plain insane if you disagree with them even in the slightest cause they been racing for so many years, and claim they know more then everyone else. Those are also the same people that never learn a new way, as why should they consider anything a newcomer says as they are experts. I've also seen those self proclaimed "experts" run people off forums for disagreeing with them in a post, when the newcomer actually was correct .
Old 01-08-2013, 10:20 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My BIGGEST pet peeve...

If that was supposed to be a joke, I missed the punch line... And how can someone with 6+ years experience with anything be a noob? Not saying I know everything about the hobby, and neither do you, but my post was to explain a pet peeve, not set you up for a lame ''joke''.
My pet peeve:
PISSING CONTESTS BETWEEN TWO GROWN MEN OVER WHO KNOWS MORE ABOUT RC's
Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

When people mix up engine and motor.[&:]
Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 AM
cumquat

a motor is a motor, an engine is an engine. they are NOT the same thing.

people asking what they should get 10 times, get the same answers each time, then ask for the 11th time and expect a different answer.

people who suggest a rustler to someone asking what 1/12 scale pan car they should get for racing in the unlimited class at their local track.

people. just in general.

nitro engines. i love when they work, but they are as moody as a pregnant smoker.

companies that dont list the kv of their brushless motors.

i actually dont mind gluing tires or working on diffs and the like. i dont really clean my rc's but they dont get very dirty anyway (mostly dusty with some rocks in the chassis).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.