Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What $250-$300 buggy should I get?

Hi everyone. I'm a passionate RC flyer/driver, although I haven't been doing it for long. I have mostly been into RC helicopters but I recently discovered the urge to get an RC buggy. I had a look at a couple for $100, but really, 18km/h isnt going to keep me interested or entertained. I have done quite a bit of research, and I know what I am looking for. I'm looking for a buggy between $250-$300 with good speed, good traction and suspension, good durability, good design and a brushless motor, so overall, just a very decent and great RC buggy to drive. The terrain here at my place is mostly grass and loose dirt, but there is also quite a large gravel and loose rock driveway, which I use my RC cars quite a lot on. I am looking forward to getting one and driving it around. Any help is appreciated. So, the question is, what one should I get?

I will keep looking around, but if you could help, please do.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: What $250-$300 buggy should I get?

Hot bodies d8t is best for you I think
    Charles gray

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if you want 1/8th scale go for the ofna lx2-e its very fast and duarable

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh please why can't you both just shut the **** up!!! I've been watching this forum and I'm about ready to explode with farty goodness.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think Yama Petrol RC Buggy 2.4Ghz will be perfect for you. It's cool features will make you please. It has high quality radio and high performance 26cc engine. You can also choose another brand but with these specifications.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ofna ftw.
    "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."
    Slash 1/16 - DB-01 - TT-01 - RC18B and a Super Cub!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not going to recommend a particular model, just point out some things to keep in mind while you're looking;

1/8th scale clears a lot more ground than 1/10th and is generally more "go anywhere" - Oz is a big country, so if you've got the room I would favour a bigger buggy

Check how easy it is to get parts for any shortlisted vehicles to your door, either online or via any local stores.

It's always worth spending a bit more to get what you really want, than trying to add to something later.

Probably teaching you to suck eggs, but I have to remind myself of these things sometimes

You say you've done some research - have you got a shortlist?
    E-Maxx | TT-01 | BL Lunchbox | E-Revo BL conv. | Bristol Bay | Micro DT | X Crawler | Pede | Ansmann CORE & Hotrod | TLT-1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Go with the OFNA LX2E.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

given your price range, a 1/8 brushless buggy with lipos and a charger is not possible (unless you find one used)
    the thunder tiger phoenix XB brushless buggy is a 1/10 2wd RTR for $200.
    it is a rebranded team associated B3 (older race buggy) that has been updated with a brushless system.
    It has a tunable ball diff and a system that can run on 2 or 3s lipo.
    The stock gearing is a bit low, so buy a 25t pinion gear as well.
    On 2s that will get you over 30mph, with very fast acceleration. it can be geared to do around 40mph on a 2s.
    The B3 its based on is a tough buggy. metal CVD driveshafts and overall durable chassis make it as good a basher as it is a race buggy.
    Only issues I had with mine were small assembly things that were easy to fix and the fact that the rear tires wear out kinda fast. Otherwise, its a really good 2wd 1/10 brushless buggy at a great price....a price that leaves enough cash to buy a couple of 2s lipos and a lipo charger from hobbypartz.com.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thunder AC680 charger is mui bueno!  http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html
    Just a schmoe....