Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Your first race?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:39 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Your first race?

For you racers out there (former/current), I'd love to hear the story about your first race. I was talking to a guy the other day who told me he won the B-Main at his first race (and had never been to the track). I talked to another guy who told me his car went over a fence on a jump during his first race.

As Andrew and I prep for our first race, I'm sure it will be an event to remember.Curious what you remember about yours!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:54 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your first race?

Oh, it was horrible. Instead of novice, they forced me into stock slash class, NOT novice! There were 5 other novices who had been racing longer than me, but they make the new one go so stock slash? Not cool. Totally not cool. Now, i could beat all of the racers in stock slash class. Good luck guys!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 AM
turok007

my first race i was second if i remember correct. that didn't go down to well with the club members. when i tried a new club i won a couple of races and they accused me of cheating by cutting corners. lol i went again and i won the b finals. but the members said i did less laps than everyone else. so they banned me. oh happy memories. just before they banned me they said i could race in the C final only 2 cars which had me and some bloke who was so slow i could of had ants pulling my car round faster. every time he crashed they restarted the race. if you ever join a club i suggest you lose big time for a while.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was around 11 or 12 when I ran my first race and it was with a mildly hopped up grasshopper. Back then cars were so primitive that a Hornet/Hopper was competitive. Had spiked tires, oils shocks and a 540. I was mid-pack until my battery died.

I was running a tired old 1200 mah NiCd and it only lasted about 4 mins.

I won my first race with a Tamiya Fox when I was about 14. That was a great car... Still waiting on a re-release so I can build it again.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Ttowntoolman

My first race was also my twin boys first race. (dirt oval) We had Nitro evaders [:'(]. Even worse than the fact we had those trucks, we had gave them all a boost in power and they all had OS .18 cvrx engines planted in them. We went to the track that we heard had a class for these things, open stadium truck and struggled most of the heat races. Not only did we have to get used to driving on this new track, we had to race each other and a bunch of very experianced dudes. Things were not going all that good, I kept breaking my transmission, and the boys were each having some issues too. It was "fun night" as they called it because it was the last night of racing for the season. They threw all the trucks into the A main no matter how you were running. We struggled to get going for the main as we only had one starter box for three trucks. I was the first one to drop out with a broken diff. Both boys still in the race doing fair........Trenton's truck (son) started revving high out the corner so he pulled off with a stripped spur. After a couple of wrecks and more guys falling out there were only two trucks left on the oval. One of them was Garett (son) and another lap later he was all alone. WINNER A MAIN fun night with a nice trophy my son Garett on his first night of racing. I was so proud of him I can't even tell you.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Nitro Andrew

Hooray for your son Toolman.I will be happy just to finish my first race. Only two more weeks! I will practice my Losi 8 2.0 at the track to see how he handles and if any parts come loose. I also need to figure out when I should stop for fuel as I will be embarrased if I run out. .I am unsure if Losi put thread lock on the pieces that need it so I might go through and put thread lock on the metal parts. I use the blue kind. JohnP2 (my dad) just hopes he can start his D8T on the starter box before the race. Ha ha I am not worried.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Ttowntoolman

Good luck to you Andrew, probably the longest two week wait you will ever have. Glad to see you and Dad doing this together, makes for some great memories for sure! I wish I would have had enough sense to put myself into a different class than my sons. Then we would not have had to race each other. Hindsight is always 20-20.