Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Electric technology and the Dremel

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Anthoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric technology and the Dremel

ORIGINAL: kyleshrub
No need to attack anyone...
Old 01-22-2013, 03:43 AM
siberianhusky

I have a dremel that's pushing 40 years old! and the external speed control for it, still have some of the original bits. Also have a compressor and many tools for it.
Use the right tool for the job and they work wonders.
Don't care how long somebody has been at something, doesn't mean they have a clue or are good at it! Never been sure why people think that the length of time they have been at a job is any indication of skill, knowledge or ability, I'm a tradesman and have seen as much if not more bad work done by "old guys" than young guys! Most of the time the old guys are so outdated they can hardly function on a modern jobsite!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 AM
jimmy0314

I have a Dremel that is probably one of the first. It just has an on/off switch. I have it hooked to a sewing machine electric foot pedal. I can grind or do whatever with it and never have to pause to change speeds. I have been using it since probably 1668 or so. The button that is used to hold the collet to change the bit is long gone, so I just drilled a hole all the way thru and use a short piece if pushrod, allen wrench or small screwdriver to change the bit. The kids bought me a new fancy dial speed a few years but I let the wife have it to cut the dog's toenails.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jimmy0314

I have a Dremel that is probably one of the first. It just has an on/off switch. I have it hooked to a sewing machine electric foot pedal. I can grind or do whatever with it and never have to pause to change speeds. I have been using it since probably 1668 or so. The button that is used to hold the collet to change the bit is long gone, so I just drilled a hole all the way thru and use a short piece if pushrod, allen wrench or small screwdriver to change the bit. The kids bought me a new fancy dial speed a few years but I let the wife have it to cut the dog's toenails.
sorry I couldn't resist

Old 01-22-2013, 06:15 AM
kyleshrub

ORIGINAL: siberianhusky

I have a dremel that's pushing 40 years old! and the external speed control for it, still have some of the original bits. Also have a compressor and many tools for it.
Use the right tool for the job and they work wonders.
Don't care how long somebody has been at something, doesn't mean they have a clue or are good at it! Never been sure why people think that the length of time they have been at a job is any indication of skill, knowledge or ability, I'm a tradesman and have seen as much if not more bad work done by "old guys" than young guys! Most of the time the old guys are so outdated they can hardly function on a modern jobsite!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:02 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Ttowntoolman wants more power.  Sure he isn't Tim the Toolman Taylor?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the cordless Li-Ion Dremel and I think it is the most useful and treasured tool I own. I use it constantly.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Ttowntoolman

ORIGINAL: Sessholvlaru

I have the cordless Li-Ion Dremel and I think it is the most useful and treasured tool I own. I use it constantly.
OK already, I will stop and buy a new one tonight on the way home. Apearently I am WRONG And they are the best thing since sliced bread..................Thank you!

Yes Phmaximus, I left myself open for this beating by providing little information. My bad. Was looking for a Neutral topic to talk about, did not have any idea you all had stock in the Dremel. Funny thing is, I got the idea to talk about it after reading your post about you modifying your large scale engine. You had yours die and had to have it replaced under warrenty. (spelling) Sorry, I thought I saw a common thread develope here, guess not.

I was looking for information to lead me to a more robust unit, like the Dremel used to be, for my pit box.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my dremel. I don't know how to use half the stuff that came with it. It has a long flexable shaft thingy for I guess precision work. It has an attachment for using like a handheld saw which I have never used and a bunch of other stuff in the box I am unsure of. Works for what I need. It has a variable speed slide switch and I don't care for that much, I occasionally bump it and it spins so fast.