RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

This is impressive any which way you look at it...

Old 02-04-2013, 05:48 AM
Foxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: This is impressive any which way you look at it...

I'm getting one too, but it disturbs me a little that I can no longer find the receivers at hobbypartz. Could have sworn they were there when I posted the thread...
Old 02-04-2013, 06:07 AM
phmaximus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Oh god, don't say that...... I've got to sell my revo Platnium first, so with any luck they will turn up in the mean time.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:21 AM
sparky 25

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A radio with these features @ $150 isn't going to be made with the best quality switches etc,

And to be honest anyone purchasing one isn't expecting it to have the best quality everything,

The reason I made the purchase is ease of use and well lit screen,

The vid on the previous page shows all the features in good detail,

Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Eman77

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Quote:
ORIGINAL: iexion

Anything that requires you to buy an apple product which will also require you to purchase a two year contract with a cellular wireless provider isnt something im going to look at ever again. Ive owned and used the dam traxxas transmitter (E-Revo) its soul purpose is to get the wheels moving and to turn the front two wheels.
I own and USE a Flysky GT3B. The only thing the GT3b lacks over the traxxas TQ is batteries (8 vs 4). But again with either transmitter im using rechargeable batteries anyways...

When you require some form of remotely decent performance you'll want to upgrade far away from any TQ radio. Period!
u dont need a contract with a ipod touch???
u dont need a contract with a iphone????
ipods dont use a cellular network, they are wifi
iphones can be brought outright
I don't own either Tx discussed here, but I wanted to weigh in on the above for Clarity - you do NOT need a contract for an ipod, as mentioned above, so it's not like you have to have a phone contract to get the apple-ish features of the TQi to work (assuming the iPod works fine with it).

However - at least in the USA, you DO have to buy a phone contract along with an iPhone. That's how they do it here. Trust me, I know since we buy mobile testing devices for work, and have to use iPods since we don't want to buy the iPhone contract. It's how they do it here in the states at least.

But then, if an iPod works fine, no worries.

Just wanted to clarify.

Also, I'd think that having a LiPo battery pack included with the Tx is very nice - the low/no discharge rate over a long period is very nice. I really like that about LiPo in general.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 AM
t-max97

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You dont have to have a contract to use an iphone, If you had an iphone and canceled your contract it wouldnt magically stop working. It can be used just like an ipod can.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Eman77

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: t-max97

You dont have to have a contract to use an iphone, If you had an iphone and canceled your contract it wouldnt magically stop working. It can be used just like an ipod can.
Fair point, but if you are a new user, you can't do that. If you already went through your contract, then I see your point.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 PM
phmaximus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

wow thats crazy, I had no idea about contracts in the USA. That sucks big time. Wonder why?
Here in Australia, U can get them fully unlocked with no contract & U can use any networks sim card.

what about GSM 3g,4g ipads?

Wonder if its the same for the rest of the world?

Dont know why some people think u need a contract with a ipod?????
Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 PM
nitroexpress

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just out of curiosity, why isn't this topic in the RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros forum?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:28 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

Just out of curiosity, why isn't this topic in the http://<b><font color=''#00265e'' si...ros</font></b> forum?
easy barely anyone goes there

phmaximus yup phone contracts make you bend over backwards and take it up the rear in the US while charging exorbitant fees (hell this goes for almost all telecommunication including the internet) compared to what I've seen on the rest of the planet(from what I read online people pay elsewhere)

foxy seems they forgot to move the RX's to the ground section (I think these are them but can't find a pic of the one that comes with the radio) http://www.hobbypartz.com/fsaircontrol.html
Old 02-04-2013, 03:57 PM
iexion

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Apple does a sweep of the service providers systems and will apply the correct features... (you'll still have to use a service provider otherwise it would be a jailbreak phone)
You can buy an iPhone out right/retail $300 - $700 but if your willing to buy an iPhone just to use on a traxxas RTR radio...

Anyways as for the quality of buttons, I haven't had any. I have however lost the "beeping" sound (tried to fully drain the batteries and it "beeped" its self to death). We still seem to have this fear towards some products that if they are not $300+, its crap for quality. IMO as long as it has some soft of Warranty Its worth some consideration[:-]
Old 02-04-2013, 03:58 PM
t-max97

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Eman77

Quote:

Fair point, but if you are a new user, you can't do that. If you already went through your contract, then I see your point.
if you bought it from att or Verizon or whatever then yes but if you bought one elsewhere "not a service provider" then it can be used as an ipod without any contract. In the us when you first get a new phone you have a contract that you won't cancel service with them for 2 years typically and if you cancel anyway they charge you a ridiculous fee.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 PM
t-max97

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Quote:

Apple does a sweep of the service providers systems and will apply the correct features... (you'll still have to use a service provider otherwise it would be a jailbreak phone)
You can buy an iPhone out right/retail $300 - $700 but if your willing to buy an iPhone just to use on a traxxas RTR radio...

Anyways as for the quality of buttons, I haven't had any. I have however lost the ''beeping'' sound (tried to fully drain the batteries and it ''beeped'' its self to death). We still seem to have this fear towards some products that if they are not $300+, its crap for quality. IMO as long as it has some soft of Warranty Its worth some consideration[:-]
Not sure what you mean, if your contract is up and you change phones you can use it as an ipod without jailbreaking it
Old 02-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Foxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

Just out of curiosity, why isn't this topic in the http://<b><font color=''#00265e'' si...ros</font></b> forum?
Same reason I don't move every thread about buggies to the buggies forum or every MT thread to the appropriate MT forum, some topics have wider appeal.

If I moved every thread to its appropriate sub-forum, there would be no need for General Discussion at all.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:21 AM
phmaximus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Quote:

Anyways as for the quality of buttons, I haven't had any. I have however lost the ''beeping'' sound (tried to fully drain the batteries and it ''beeped'' its self to death). We still seem to have this fear towards some products that if they are not $300+, its crap for quality. IMO as long as it has some soft of Warranty Its worth some consideration[:-]
What does that mean "Apple Does a sweep of the service providers system and will apply the correct features"?

Doesent sound right to me, a service provider cant access the phone with out a sim card linked to that network.
The network has nothing to do with the features of the phone.
all the network does is provide calling, SMS and 3g/4g internet. U can still use bump for calls with out a sim card provided u are loged into a wifi network
At best networkscan bar/block a phones IMEI number permanently, everything appart from the phone part of the phone will still work
Jail breaking has nothing to do with the provider, cant see ur point there?
Jail breaking is so u can install Cidia and 3rd party apps.... Ive got alot of experance with jailbreaking, so I would love to find out what u mean. ATM im not jailbraking anything because of the sole fact that Installous has closed down.
Networks cant tell if its jailbroken.

hey maby im wrong, but please do explaine
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 AM
phmaximus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So are u telling me u cant walk into a apple store and buy a iphone with out a contract in the USA?

Do u guys have pre paid sim cards? whats stopping u from using a sim cutter and fitting it into a iphone?

Old 02-05-2013, 02:37 AM
turok007

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Doesent sound right to me, a service provider cant access the phone with out a sim card linked to that network.

off topic but some mobiles can still be traced and locked without any sim. and some makes of mobile can only be got with a contract. and if you remove the card and stop using it. the phone can be blocked.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 AM
Foxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Who is the moron that keeps rating my posts one star? Do you realise whoever you are, that you are increasing my score by doing this? Thanks.

Wow, some people are stupid.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Foxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Reopening this due to popular demand. Let's stick to the topic please. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
blvdbuzzard

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Back to the regularly scheduled comparison of the two radios.

I may be ordering this one soon. I am going to be getting a SC truck, just not sure what one it will be just yet.

Buzz.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:27 PM
t-max97

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Foxy

Who is the moron that keeps rating my posts one star? Do you realise whoever you are, that you are increasing my score by doing this? Thanks.

Haha I think ph is mad
Old 02-05-2013, 04:33 PM
JohnP2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Probably the same guy who has recently taken to do that for my posts. I was hoping no one would say anything so I could rack up my score. Ha!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:36 PM
t-max97

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: phmaximus

So are u telling me u cant walk into a apple store and buy a iphone with out a contract in the USA?

Do u guys have pre paid sim cards? whats stopping u from using a sim cutter and fitting it into a iphone?

You can get a phone without a contract but you cant use it as a phone lol and the phone would cost alot more.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 AM
Haddi Taha

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

hahahah

Old 02-06-2013, 03:18 AM
Foxy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, that's a load of bollocks any which way you look at it. Went to order the titanium version this morning and its sold out already. Shot myself in the foot making this topic didn't i? Cos there's no way I'm buying an orange one. Bleugh.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 AM
t-max97

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

Well, that's a load of bollocks any which way you look at it. Went to order the titanium version this morning and its sold out already. Shot myself in the foot making this topic didn't i? Cos there's no way I'm buying an orange one. Bleugh.
Ah that sucks lol.

Search this Thread