Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Favorite way to bash?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:32 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Favorite way to bash?

My son and I have been so focused on racing that after a quick run at the track tomorrow, I'm going to take he and his buddy out bashing. Should be cool. I'll be drivinga Losi 810, Andrew hisSavage X 4.6, and his buddywill enjoy the pleasure of bashing with a Hyper7.

I was thinkingabout the different ways to bash. So, my question to you is: How do you like to bash? i.e. what's your favorite environment to run ANDwhat is the best your favorite vehicle for that environment.?I like construction sites as you can make a lot of stuff as you go (ramps, obstacle courses, etc).

Old 02-16-2013, 07:48 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Favorite way to bash?

I like open dirt with some mild jumps but I normally just drive around my yard lol. Oh and mostly with my truggy.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Dads like rc too

I like local parks. You can usually find all sorts of things to do. We have one with a huge hill that we jump. It has huge rain gullys you can run through if it's been dry, they're kind of like a half pipe. It also has a baseball field which is fun to run the bases on. Running through the covered pavilions is fun hearing the nitro engine echo off the ceiling.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:10 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

with 3 drivers and 3 cars going u will have fun anywhere.

my favorite bash stop is the skateboard parks..... providing no one is there
Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

That's my problem...I never have anyone to run with. []
Old 02-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

My son and I have been so focused on racing that after a quick run at the track tomorrow, I'm going to take he and his buddy out bashing. Should be cool. I'll be driving a Losi 810, Andrew his Savage X 4.6, and his buddy will enjoy the pleasure of bashing with a Hyper 7.

I was thinking about the different ways to bash. So, my question to you is: How do you like to bash? i.e. what's your favorite environment to run AND what is the best your favorite vehicle for that environment.? I like construction sites as you can make a lot of stuff as you go (ramps, obstacle courses, etc).

I love construction sites as well, favorite vehicle there is the 801xt. I used to have the perfect bash spot right by work, but it's become a bit overgrown so the "fun" season is very limited lately.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:23 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the local skate park too, however, jumping around on cement is rough on the cars and you WILL break something. If you value your vehicles in any form then I would take it a little easy on the jumps. I'm fortunate to have a river near my house that's dry 10 months out of the year which features a variety of terrain from sand to dirt to rocks for crawling. Also, if you go to a public place you have to be careful for bystanders who may get in the way. At the same time, it's nice to show off your vehicles to curious onlookers.

My favorite goto truck for bashing is my HPISavage Flux. It's big, brutally powerful, durable and puts on quite a show. It can withstand some hard hits and keep on rolling. My second choice lately has been a toss-up between either my 2wd Stampede which too is reasonably tough but it's cheap to repair so I tend to get pretty wild with it; or my Axial SCX10 since scale / trail driving has recently become an interest of mine.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:09 AM
phmaximus

man cant agree more. u really have to restrain yourself not to do crazy jumps at skate parks.

sometimes braking a suspension arm or two, is 1/2 the fun

wouldent recomend street bashing, with 3 cars way to easy to crash.... Ive been there, done that (Slash vs Hyper 7 head on)

Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 AM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

my favorite thing to bash on is "natural terrain"  and i use the term "natural terrain" loosely.  as the only natural terrain i have around me has been groomed in some way.  ether leveled or piled up by someone for a specific purpose (building and landscaping sites and stuff like that).  i really like the homebrew out of the way probably trespassing if you're there BMX dirt jumping spots.  
also like to find spots of what i can only describe as suburban decay.  chewed up parking lots with cracked up speed bumps, dips and curbs.  busted up sidewalks/walkways.  empty swimming pools are awesome.
10+ years ago i used to run in a lot of baseball fields.  the local parks and the beach.

i find myself board with man made and well groomed stuff.  i like a certain degree of sketchy.

as far as vehicles go.  iv always preferred 1/10 electric stadium trucks.  usually the more upper end stuff.  RC10T3 team kits, im running a losi XXXT kit right now.  the chassis has to work and be tuneable.  i need that spot on race car handling.  race cars or mid range cars built into race cars have always been my preferred weapons of choice.  they work for about 99% of what i do
Old 02-17-2013, 11:56 AM
ejc34710

I need to start going somewhere to bash as i usually just drive around at my house. It's in the country, so there really isn't anyone to annoy with sound and the road we live on has minimal traffic, but i'm getting very bored bashing here, especially by myself. I've tried going to our local BMX track, but there is ALWAYS someone there. The construction site sounds fun, may try that. My favorite vehicle to bash with would have to be my Savage X. Fun to drive on pretty much any terrain. Hardly ever breaks, so it's quite worry free in that sense as well.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 PM
JohnP2

I'm fortunate because we moved into a neighborhood where they are building new houses so construction sites all around us. I've also got a mental list of bashing spots I see just driving around that eventually I'll get to. ;-)
Old 02-17-2013, 03:55 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: t-max97

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

That's my problem...I never have anyone to run with. []
know how that feels
Old 02-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

I bash all my cars. Although I wouldn't say bash.. I don't like to break my cars so I usually cruise and do speed runs. The tt-01 every once in a while I like to drift it. I live in the mountains so unlimited terrain options. About the only thing I dont have is a real nice smooth long straight.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Haddi Taha

I like bashing on moderately rough terrain, dirt and short grass. I sometimes do crazy stuff with my mt4, so having people around is not good

I don't like boring long flat smooth areas unless the car I am using is super fast (at least 50mph)
Old 02-18-2013, 04:45 AM
phmaximus

I Will say most of my bashing is done in the back yard, not my favourite by far, but most common.
its not the biggest space but with the kids chasing it or driving something its great fun.

ATM the pick of the bunch seems to be a Slash 2wd (for me) and a Honcho 2 (for the kids).
They are close in size and make a great grudge match of crashing, pushing, chasing, etc i cant belive nothing has broke yet...(touch wood)

and another spot is the family room. I generally set training mode for when the kids are using the cars so they dont go to fast, but on the odd occasion, ive let my 2yo have a crack of a brushless 1/24 losi micro SCT with out traning mode.... its so funny, this thing flys! all u see is this tiny little SCT zooming around the family room bouncing off anything it hits from wall to wall like a traped mouse with totally random steering inputs... funny stuff...

and lastly, when the kids play room is trashed, its perfect for the SCX10...its like a custom crawling track lol
Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 PM
outlawbrett

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

I'm fortunate because we moved into a neighborhood where they are building new houses so construction sites all around us. I've also got a mental list of bashing spots I see just driving around that eventually I'll get to. ;-)
LMAO...i find myself doing the same thing. driving by something an thinking oh that looks fun.
me an my boys really like gravel pits. hill climbs, jumps, sidehilling. my hpi truggy has been my go to vehicle. tough as hell an faster then my buddys slayer pro.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:49 PM
pcarluvr

I've had fun in parks and ball fields and some new construction areas as well. But, The funnest, most exciting, and a tad bit nerve racking... 2 words.... Golf Coarse! I'm not saying I've run on one while people were golfing [>:] but if you can get on one towards the evening and hit some sand traps or even clear some sand traps, it's a ball! Some of those whoops and dips are amazing!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Favorite way to bash? On 6s in my underpants. Hey, u asked.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 PM
t-max97

Hahaha foxy has life figured out.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:51 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BWAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You crack me up, Foxy. Brilliant.

I'm lucky. This is my yard.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imfnSQTIj48

Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 PM
ejc34710

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Favorite way to bash? On 6s in my underpants. Hey, u asked.
That would be a big 'ol T.M.I... lol. Maybe it may be a better idea to bash alone.... I don't want to know where you keep your extra lipos to stay warm in this weather either.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Ttowntoolman

I am lucky I guess. I live at the end of a dead end road. I always have a nice flat street to run on. Across the street is a huge gravel parking lot next to rail road tracks. Always have the gravel parking lot to run on. Good fun pretty much any time of the year, extra fun when it gets a nice snowpack. Big enough for wide open drifting! Next to my house is a nice size hill with a bunch of steep hill climbs that are super fun. Just this last Sunday I was making it to the top with the hyper 7 snow flying off all four wheels and launching as I got to the top. The boys and I made a small assortment of wood jumps that we place toward the end of the dead end and jump off into the grass, great for distance jumps. We often park a car or truck down there and jump over it for our videos to give some contrast to show the distance we fly. I have a somewhat hilly yard that is fun to rip around on too. Smoother hills with rolling ungulations.........golf coarse type terrain. Good fun anytime of the year unless its raining. I almost always bash untill it breaks cause it takes that much to thrill me. If I make it, I will push it untill the point of failure by doing "it" bigger and faster. I have seen some epic impossible stuff happen that is impossible to put into words............This hobby ROCKS!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:23 AM
padams10001

At an old rubbish tip, 5 min drive from my house. Favourite car is rovan 5b at the moment but also love sc8e.