Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Why no NASCAR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 AM
ScottRPriester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why no NASCAR?

I got to thinking while watching the Daytona 500 yesterday...........why isthe Kyle Busch truck the seemingly only NASCAR vehicle available in RC, or am I missing something?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:22 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Why no NASCAR?

There's probably just not the demand for a car that's only good at going in circles on asphalt.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:29 AM
ScottRPriester

ORIGINAL: t-max97

There's probably just not the demand with a car that's only good at going in circles on asphalt.

That's what I figured
Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 AM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: ScottRPriester

There's probably just not the demand with a car that's only good at going in circles on asphalt.

That's what I figured
And I doubt many hobby shops would make a big banked asphalt oval track just for them.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shhh, don't tell anyone but....

NASCAR sucks.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Foxy you make me laugh...

There is the Redcat Lightning STK, of which I recently just bought.

Its a basic 4wd shaft driven chassis. Not super fast out of the box, but good enough for a track. And easy enough to upgrade the power system.

I can also sell just the body, which you could slap on any 1/10 onroad car.

http://www.redcatracing.com/Lightning-STK-On-Road
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62264.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	1856149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86264.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	1856150  
Old 02-25-2013, 09:15 AM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Shhh, don't tell anyone but....

NASCAR sucks.
Haha the only part of nascar I enjoy is the crashes.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RC oval racers are out there (I am one of them). In general, it's a racing only class of RC. No ready-to-run. These cars are for a prepared surface only. 1/10 scale LTO pan cars are offered by a host of manufacturers. Nascar bodies are readily available from a plethora of companies as well.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

He he. Thanks. That was my only intention, NASCAR isn't for me but I know and respect that others live it.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol, did u see top gears episode all about NASCAR and F1
Old 02-25-2013, 03:02 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

He he. Thanks. That was my only intention, NASCAR isn't for me but I know and respect that others live it.
my issue with nascar and some other forms of racing is that the "pitstop" has become as important as the driver!

I love SCCA racing. Short races, sometimes as few as 15-20 laps (about the life of the tires) and no pitstop. Drivers go 100% from the beginning to the end. No fuel conservation or hoping for the yellow flag or any of that crap. And you get to see AWD, RWD and FWD cars all against each other. Each type of drive has its own ups/downs and they can run different lines. Makes for pure, hardcore racing.

Watching video of stock car racing from back in the day is pretty wild tho.

as i8tweety mentioned, most stock car rc'ing is done with pan cars. But if you want a 4wd touring car with nascar style body, they are out there.

Oval racing is done every week at my local track....both for onroad/pan cars as well as shortcourse trucks. Running shortcourse on a oval is actually pretty fun...more so than one would think. Ive seen some pretty wild SCT setups for running the oval!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 PM
yatssdaa
Banned

There's probably just not the demand for a car that's only good at going in circles on asphalt. 
Old 02-25-2013, 06:54 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: yatssdaa

Post deleted
You totally copied my post lol.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:27 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha! I live less than two miles from the Texas Motor Speedway (a big event for Nascar) and I tell you when it's race weekend the locals stay indoors (as folks come by the droves!).

I'm actually surprised there isn't an RC niche for running nitro "NASCAR" type vehicles in say a 100 lap race where steering clear of crashes, pit-stops/maintenance is key to victory.

I personally have no interest in NASCAR, but would be interested in racing it RC-style.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

Ha! I live less than two miles from the Texas Motor Speedway (a big event for Nascar) and I tell you when it's race weekend the locals stay indoors (as folks come by the droves!).

I'm actually surprised there isn't an RC niche for running nitro ''NASCAR'' type vehicles in say a 100 lap race where steering clear of crashes, pit-stops/maintenance is key to victory.

I personally have no interest in NASCAR, but would be interested in racing it RC-style.
Hmm when you put it that way it does sound kind of fun lol.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 PM
phmaximus

I sware u could make a automated RC NASCAR. that would be cool.

I suspect onroad oval racing wouldent be as much fun as off road. No rooster tails or big drifts... mind u, I wouldstill have a crack

for the OP, HPI make stock car bodies and wheels....

and there are stock car bodies for the LOSI micro SCT/Rally

check out this.... http://www.bigsquidrc.com/pro-line-t...of-the-future/
Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Scrubmonkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLkLtBkUVuo

here is a good video of the nascar drivers against the v8's in australia. i always get a laugh watching it
Old 02-26-2013, 12:49 AM
phmaximus

this is a geological oddity.... lol
Old 02-26-2013, 01:54 AM
Foxy

When you see that (word for word copy of an earlier post or a sentence from an earlier post), please shoot me a message, its spam. Check out the attached image you will see how the link is embedded, this is a pretty sneaky way of increasing search engine ranking (RCU pages are ranked high on google) for a given domain name. We ban them and add the domain to the language filter (so it appears as stars, whether its embedded or visible, gaining the spammer nothing).

TO ALL MEMBERS, do not visit these sites if you do see these kinds of posts, as they are loaded with evil scripts and keyloggers, etc.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10725.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1856413  
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

I bought one of those Kyle Bush rc trucks.  Had to take it back because it would only turn left.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:37 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: pmerritt

I bought one of those Kyle Bush rc trucks. Had to take it back because it would only turn left.
help, Ive fallen on the floor laughing and cant get up.

I cant understand nascar myself. I get that they are very advanced cars, that they go very fast and are loud. but compaired to other forms of racing (aussy V8, SCCA, F1 ect) there is little action. With just 4 gentle turns, there is not much option for lines or passing. The passing that is done seems largely due to getting a good draft.

But as a side note to phmaximus, I was surprised how much I enjoyed racing on an oval setup. Its boaring on your own, but get 4-6 other trucks/cars on the track and its alot of fun. You dont crash as much as you do on a shortcourse track....no jumps and it is easier to keep your line. But that said, you can get some good side-by-side racing. Each of you waiting for the other to mess up or to try an take the turn tighter than the other without loosing traction.
My track has been setup 2 different types of oval tho. One was 2 tight turns with the straights, and the other was closer to an actual circle. the 1st was more fun as getting the turn right was harder. the latter its more important to keep a gentle turn the whole lap. Anyway, if you get a chance to take a car, or even a SCT on a oval do it....you might be surprized.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 AM
phmaximus

yeah nar man, im keen... ill try anything.....

people give oval racers a hard time, but IMO its one of the hardest race types. there is not much to mess up, but the slightest mistake, and u are way behind with no chance of catching up.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:04 AM
turok007

i think nascar is in the same league as baseball. if you not drunk then it's not interesting. don't blame me as H simpson said it first.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:38 AM
t-max97

When you see that (word for word copy of an earlier post or a sentence from an earlier post), please shoot me a message, its spam. Check out the attached image you will see how the link is embedded, this is a pretty sneaky way of increasing search engine ranking (RCU pages are ranked high on google) for a given domain name. We ban them and add the domain to the language filter (so it appears as stars, whether its embedded or visible, gaining the spammer nothing).

TO ALL MEMBERS, do not visit these sites if you do see these kinds of posts, as they are loaded with evil scripts and keyloggers, etc.
Good to know.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:16 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Different kinds of racing is all. Just remember when making comments about gentle 4 turn racing that most of the Formula 1 drivers were too scared of the Indy track a few years back, and thus ripped off about million people who paid to watch a race. The 'drivers' chickened out on the start lap and hid in the pits until the race was over.

I was brought up around all kinds of racing. My dad ran drag racing in cars and bikes, street racing, and eventually had a Lotus 11 for SCCA racing. Racing is racing, be it boats, cars, motorcycles, airplanes, or school buses.

I've only recently begun to get into some NASCAR racing a little bit for what it is. Just a different form with different goals. Longer distances. Different strategies. Higher speeds. Pretty hefty engines that can take about 9000 RPM for 3 hours straight.

Saying that a major portion of racing sucks seems like flaming and trolling a huge fan base. Ditto on Homer Simpson's comments on baseball. He also made equal comments about why soccer was invented.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.