Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New Track at Traxxas HQ

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Track at Traxxas HQ

For those in DFW (or even outside), I've heard rumors that Traxxas is building an off-road public track at their headquarters. I find this surprising seeing as though they don't market to the "racing scene" but will be curious to check it out regardless. They obviously have the pockets to create something pretty cool.

I did search for it and checked their site(but could not fight through all the stuff on their site to see anything of relevance). ;-)
Old 02-27-2013, 03:02 PM
turok007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Track at Traxxas HQ

is it traxxas trucks only.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:53 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: turok007

And they will have a repair area with a wall of replacement parts as needed hahahahaha
Old 02-27-2013, 05:59 PM
JohnP2

Yea, I talked to a guy at my track today and he told me Traxxas vehicles only. In a way, I guess I can understand (as folks will look at the Mugens/Kyoshos/Losi's/Serpents, etc.flying around the track and ask "what is that?")....but at thesame time feel it's pretty chicken sh*t on their part.I could be wrong, but they'll probably spin it like some sort of exlusive club....but most folks will know better.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

why would traxxas make a track when they don't make race cars?

and if it does turn out to be traxxas vehicles only.  typical, im totally not surprised one bit.  actually would have been shocked if it was open to everybody.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: mattster1971

ORIGINAL: turok007

And they will have a repair area with a wall of replacement parts as needed hahahahaha
bahabahahahahahaha.... now thats funny

Side note, it would be cool is u could go there and hire cars? that would be the making of the best kids Bday party
Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 AM
hashmaster

I actually like that idea of "renting cars" for something like a bday party. Seems like it would be a great way to get the youngins into rc without droping a ton of money for them to break the car, and become uninterested.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:40 PM
JohnP2

My track rents cars. I think they are mainly electric Traxxas models, but yes..if Jimmy takes his friends to the track for a party and 10 kids rent something, one of them is bound to take interest in "the hobby", and that is oneother potential customer, so would assume Traxxas will rent out cars.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:37 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If Traxxas is building a track it might be a sign that they are looking to return to racing. I'm not sure if anyone remembers them but back in the day Traxxas had the SRT and TCP and both of these were very competitive cars for their day. I have an SRT that I still race today and it has no issues running with the modern stadium trucks.

Lets face it. Weather you like Traxxas or hate them, you have to admit they have brought more people to RC than any other brand except for maybe Tamiya. If they choose to go racing they certainly have deep enough pockets to make it happen. We've already seen a LCG 4x4 Slash and I heard a rumor of an LCG 2wd Slash floating around. A buddy of mine in the DFW area said he saw a Slash 2wd with LCG and it was a full length plastic tub like the current model only LCG and NOT one of the aftermarket kits. He also mentioned the truck came off the track and directly into a bag so... Is there any truth to it!!! Who knows but.....
Old 03-03-2013, 11:52 AM
turok007

if true it's about time. lol
Old 03-03-2013, 12:58 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Wonder if it counts if you bring a Traxxas vehicle that is less than 50% Traxxas hehe My Slash 4X4 for example haha
Old 03-03-2013, 04:57 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol, i keep hearing of this Slash over the years, got any links m8?

Side note, wonder if they will have one of those 4 or 8 lane drag strips????

Hows one of my mates that i sometime bash with hires a school hall and rents out Brushled slashes, I sware he only does it so he has someone to bash with. lol
Old 03-03-2013, 06:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

Wonder if it counts if you bring a Traxxas vehicle that is less than 50% Traxxas hehe My Slash 4X4 for example haha
its still 50% traxxas?

My question what about those rustlers, and slashes that are like 0% traxxas parts
Old 03-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Haddi Taha

If you don't have a traxxas vehicle, don't despair. Just get a traxxas body shell, wheels and tires, problem solved
Old 03-04-2013, 07:00 AM
JohnP2

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

If you don't have a traxxas vehicle, don't despair. Just get a traxxas body shell, wheels and tires, problem solved
Now that is funny. How great would it be if someone showed up in say...a Serpent...rocking a Nitro Sport shell. Ha!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:09 AM
ejc34710

IMO that's kinda crappy to only let their products race at their track. Makes me loathe them even that much more.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:49 PM
FahrtAutoRC

It sits on a shelf now, no upgrades or changes in a while haha So yea, Chassis, front and rear housings and such still stock, so I'd say about 50% Traxxas!

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

its still 50% traxxas?

My question what about those rustlers, and slashes that are like 0% traxxas parts
And for Phmaximus: Some older pics, didn't dig too hard to find anything super recent, but this should be good enough to give ya an idea of the truck overall. Been a fair amount more work since then, but not much really worth catching on camera, if at all. Since this, some more standard RPM parts like front bumper, body mounts, Robinson Racing, KingHeadz, FlySky, etc etc

Edit: Forgot pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38440.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	1857661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41851.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	1857662