Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

now the appeals begin

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 04:26 PM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: now the appeals begin

This is easy. From now on lose Paypal and take a money order or bank check. I do it like that with no issues. Just my opinion.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:43 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: peekay

Hey,
what about taking a short video of the working vehicle, starting it and driving it around the driveway or something,
and then emailing this video to paypal to show them that the item was in fact working and not defective? It will save
you on the cost of shipping it back to paypal and also allow you to hold onto the vehicle in case you manage to
sell it..
Peekay
Paypal wants a printed affidavit signed and noterized, as well as a police report filled out. They wont go forward with an appeal without those 2 things.
Im sorry, but police have better things to do.
Paypal wont take my word that the model is in good condition, so they are not going to believe any video I make either.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:04 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: peekay

Im sorry, but police have better things to do.
Get the Chief to do it, I'm sure he's free.....
Old 03-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Salinas Hawk

ORIGINAL: mike31

This is easy. From now on lose Paypal and take a money order or bank check. I do it like that with no issues. Just my opinion.
be careful with the "fake check scam." Here's how it works.

1. You receive a counterfeit check for merchandise, and the check actually clears. Money is in your account and you feel safe.
2. Then the buyer strategically asks for a refund just before the item ships, and you figure why not, and send the guy his money back.
3. Then a week later, the retarded bank figures out that the check was a counterfeit and takes the money out of your account. It's on you.

Maybe eBay has a better system, but this scam is all over Craigslist. It's an old one, so maybe they've wised up, dunno.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Bloodsport
My Feedback: (15)

I hear that !
I have been burned the last three times I sold here and on ebay, buyer gets item uses it for a couple weeks then decides he wants his money back then makes a dispute with paypal.
HAs anyone ebey seen paypal side with a seller....???
Old 03-12-2013, 11:10 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Bloodsport

I hear that !
I have been burned the last three times I sold here and on ebay, buyer gets item uses it for a couple weeks then decides he wants his money back then makes a dispute with paypal.
HAs anyone ebey seen paypal side with a seller....???
the 1st time a claim was filled against me, the buyer said he never recieved it.
I gave paypal the Tracking number and the claim was closed in my favor.

But when it comes to a "not as described" claim, it is most likely they will side with the buyer. Unless the buyer slips up and tells them "i dont want it" or "i changed my mind" they will win. All they have to do is say it is broken in some way and paypal will let them return it and get their money back.

Paypal refunded them as soon as their tracking number showed it as delivered. Paypal should wait untill the seller responds saying it was recieved and as described by the buyer.

Again, all these policies are OK if you are a high volume seller on ebay. If you sell more than 20-30k per month then a return or 2 wont hurt you. Selling 2-4k per month I dont make enough to risk getting a $200 nitro rc returned to me.

I still have my store open for now, But I have removed all RTR models. Just selling parts for now. Lower costs items for lower risk.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:08 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

by the sounds paypal just want a affidavit/statutory declaration signed by a police officer. doesent take long, u basickly sware on the bible saying ur stament is truthfull.

It only takes 5min or so. And its there Job, so its not like they have anything better to do. they problary sign affidavit all day for all kinds of resons. if its not yourse they are signing its someone els's.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

by the sounds paypal just want a affidavit/statutory declaration signed by a police officer. doesent take long, u basickly sware on the bible saying ur stament is truthfull.

It only takes 5min or so. And its there Job, so its not like they have anything better to do. they problary sign affidavit all day for all kinds of resons. if its not yourse they are signing its someone els's.
maybe in the land down under that its their job, and they got nothing better to do, but in the US the cops have PLENTY to do(well at least by me [:@])
you should see them curse when they come to where I work to sign paperwork the state forces us to get signed by them(if we don't we get shut down...)... I can only imagine what they would say for a returned RC lol
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man, That sucks, I had no idea.

Im slowly learning the USA legal system, Got to love Judge Judy lol
one thing that ive found concerning, Everything in California gives u cancer... But its only known by California??? I see it on so many products these days.

well im starting to undestand why nitrosport is reluctant
Old 03-13-2013, 04:53 AM
The Mad Modder

one thing that ive found concerning, Everything in California gives u cancer... But its only known by California??? I see it on so many products these days.

Yeah, it seems that California knows about a secret conspiracy; manufacturers are plotting to kill us all with cancer inducing products, lol.

Needless to say there are some very eccentric people in california.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:01 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

maybe in the land down under that its their job, and they got nothing better to do, but in the US the cops have PLENTY to do(well at least by me [:@])
you should see them curse when they come to where I work to sign paperwork the state forces us to get signed by them(if we don't we get shut down...)... I can only imagine what they would say for a returned RC lol
Well you live in Chicago I would imagine the Police in a major city would have alot to do but it's pretty relaxed around here lol.

This is why alot of products say that. We watch judge Judy too lol .
California's Proposition 65 - the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act - was passed by voter initiative in 1986. Proposition 65 includes a requirement that the governor of California publish a list of chemicals known to the state to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity. Listed chemicals cannot be discharged into sources of drinking water, and warnings must be provided before exposing the public to any significant amount of a listed chemical.
Chemicals are placed on the Proposition 65 list in one of three ways:
1. Recommendation by the state's qualified experts. The state Science Advisory Board includes two subcommittees that review toxicity data and identify carcinogens and reproductive toxicants.
2. Identification by recognized authoritative bodies, including
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- National Toxicology Program (NTP)
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)
3. Requirement by state or federal government agencies that the chemical be labeled or identified as a carcinogen or reproductive toxicant.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:06 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

Yeah, it seems that California knows about a secret conspiracy; manufacturers are plotting to kill us all with cancer inducing products, lol.

Needless to say there are some very eccentric people in california.
Hahaha..... my grandparents lived in California a long time ago for a while after by granddad was stationed there but that's why they moved here lol.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:16 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Well,
I got $50 from paypal...
and sold the model. After fees/shipping Ill end up with $110 from it.
So I got back $160 of $210. I suppose I did pretty well all things considered. But man, what a pain.

Ive removed all models from my ebay store. Im just gonna sell parts for now. Parts sell better anyway, and there is less risk selling them.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 AM
mopartybob

Good for you, 50.00 is better than nuthin.... can you explain why they settled on that amount and did it come from the buyer or ???
Old 03-13-2013, 07:44 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Well,
I got $50 from paypal...
and sold the model. After fees/shipping Ill end up with $110 from it.
So I got back $160 of $210. I suppose I did pretty well all things considered. But man, what a pain.

Ive removed all models from my ebay store. Im just gonna sell parts for now. Parts sell better anyway, and there is less risk selling them.
better hope no one uses, and a-arm once snaps it and says it was defective
Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

Good for you, 50.00 is better than nuthin.... can you explain why they settled on that amount and did it come from the buyer or ???
The $50 came from paypal.
Its what they offered because I told them "due to the nature of the item I could not re-sell it at full value."
I told them I wouldnt get more than $100 for it (which was pretty much the case) so they offered $50.

syco, at least if someone is lame enough to try that, I wont be out hundreds of dollars.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:23 PM
mopartybob

Cool, and thats rather magnaminous of them also.... [X(]
Old 03-13-2013, 01:51 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

Cool, and thats rather magnaminous of them also.... [X(]
yes and no. I had to talk on the phone for an hour to get that offer.
As with many big companies, you have to make a big stink to get what you want.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:14 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HA! IFONLY the US legal system worked ASWELL as Judge Judy! We'd have a lot less losers clogging up the system. Feh!
That California Cancer thing is just the result of a stupid ballot measure that passed, requiring anything that ostensibly can cause cancer (CO2, carbon monoxide, etc.) and anything that contains or emits such, must be labled. Complete waste of money.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:00 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

HA! IF ONLY the US legal system worked AS WELL as Judge Judy! We'd have a lot less losers clogging up the system. Feh!
That California Cancer thing is just the result of a stupid ballot measure that passed, requiring anything that ostensibly can cause cancer (CO2, carbon monoxide, etc.) and anything that contains or emits such, must be labled. Complete waste of money.

just like the U.S. legal system

cali has some of the dumbest laws I've ever read.